BBC DG resigns

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Joker62, Nov 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's still quite refreshing to see one of these public servants do the decent thing.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Because its so damn unusual these days.
  3. But at least he did the decent thing maybe it is an example to our politicians, but i dont think so.
  4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I may be wrong, but I do get the impression someone may have had a word...for the good of the beeb perhaps? take one for the team and some of the heat off the organisation as a whole? be interesting to see where and how he resurfaces.
  5. Hopefully that **** Patten will do one as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. So after 54 days, how much of a BFO golden handshake will he get, I presume his pension won't reflect the less than two months he put in, and I don't suppose for one moment he will be worrying about the mortgage payments.

I suspect he will be re-employed at a suitable salary within the next two months.

The effect on anybody in officialdom at that level resigning is nil. If he topped himself a la Japanese, I would think he really did feel bad about it. As it stands, its more a case of jumpimg before he's pushed.

As for MiLord Patten, a man who has achieved greatness in being truly gray and mediocre, like MiLord Prescott a true survivor and never financially inconvenienced. If only one could post cancer like Anthrax.
    • Like Like x 6
  7. Sad but Oh so ****ing True. All he will suffer from is a bruised ego, but the huge wodge of taxpayers money he will get to 'smooth his transition' will more than make up for that. And the **** will still bleat that he's been 'hard done to'
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Of course. After all, taking one for the team isn't something he'd agree to without some serious recompense in return. Doubt he'd do it out of any sense of honour or integrity. I'd reckon a humongous wodge heading his way :p
  9. Whenever he appeared on BBC yesterday, the BBC presenters were giving him stick and he couldn't handle it. I have NEVER seen a BBC presenter do that to anyone - the impression is given that somebody high up (failed contender?) had the knives out for him. One thing is sure, with that lack of respect from subordinates, he couldn't have survived long even if he'd stuck it out.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Night of the Long Knives. Where will it end?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. He inherited a poison chalice and is probably glad of the opportunity to leave.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I think the interview in the morning was bloody harsh.
    I do listen to radio 4 and its getting to the stage where they just go in looking for a fight and try to prove how bloody clever they are with words! Most times the interviewee doesn't get a word in.
    the presenters ar all bloody up themselves imho
    • Like Like x 2