BBC Daily Politics and PMQs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Corbyn is laughable. If he had been in power the NHS would have 5% extra this year! Aye right!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Considering the issues before parliament just now this has been an exceptionally quiet and "gentle" PMQs and I don't see a lot of worth coming from these today. MPs seem more concerned with what is happening in the USA rather than UK and EU!

Once again Corbyn dodges the major issues in front of the House.

The Speaker has been exceptionally quiet - I wonder why that might be? :rolleyes:

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Considering the issues before parliament just now this has been an exceptionally quiet and "gentle" PMQs and I don't see a lot of worth coming from these today. MPs seem more concerned with what is happening in the USA rather than UK and EU!

The Speaker has been exceptionally quiet - I wonder why that might be? :rolleyes:
After last week, Bercow was probably wondering what the SNP were going to try next.

Ian Blackford raised the matter of small children being separated from their parent and being placed "in cages" by US Immigration as did a Labour MP. Both wonder what it will take for the PM to withdraw the "red carpet" invitation to POTUS. While PMTM disagrees with Trump and shares their concerns re the families affected, she pointed out that meetings enable discussions and for concerns to be communicated.

Ed Milliband got shouty and demanded PMTM to take more action on migration and human rights issues. No mention of Venezuela, various issues in Russia, etc

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
He did actually intervene when Labour were preventing the PM from being heard when responding to a question.
Yes, but it was a very under stated and low key performance from Bercow. I suspect that we will be hearing rumours that he is not standing at the next election.

He will no doubt be getting himself measured for his ermine, if not already done.

Trying to save his own job by keeping quiet for a while

I'm watching PMQ's on catch up. I note that the PM at the beginning has said we are to have an annual Windrush Day from now on. Oh goody. There'll be a Remembrance Day every day for something or other by the look of things now.There's far too much virtue signalling during PMQ's in my opinion and not enough answering questions. I've said before on this thread I think that I can hardly tell one weeks from the next.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm watching PMQ's on catch up. I note that the PM at the beginning has said we are to have an annual Windrush Day from now on. Oh goody. There'll be a Remembrance Day every day for something or other by the look of things now.There's far too much virtue signalling during PMQ's in my opinion and not enough answering questions. I've said before on this thread I think that I can hardly tell one weeks from the next.
Will it be held on Black Monday?
Black Monday (1987) - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.