BBC Daily Politics and PMQs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's shenanigans were normal for that chamber, unfortunately. I think it allowed May to get off the hook a bit. Blackford had a legitimate point, which he knew would not be answered so this stunt, as that is what it was, was all about. He got his point over I think but his audience sits about 400+ miles north of his current location.

I switched over to Parliament live and got the Beast of Bolsover trying to get Bercow to determine what type of expulsion he had used. Skinner can be very funny and he put himself forward as an expert on being expelled and quoted four types of expulsion. Bercow, did not seem to like the question and quite testily replied the expulsion was from the House and it's precincts, so Blackie is kicked out for the day.

Skinner can be frustrating and boorish at times but at the same time can be very entertaining.
He looked like he was about to have a stroke, I for one do not find him either funny or entertaining

I understand his principle (of the lack of last nights debate duration) however its been well documented that Labour deliberately stiffiled last night's debate yet which will of course be a factor.

Thus, no SNP & NI members contributed. Surely immediately submitting an emergency question rather attempt to force a vote during PMQ's would have been the preferred and diplomatic route?

Lastly, is it me or is the Welsh assembly just just not bothered?
Today's shenanigans were normal for that chamber, unfortunately. I think it allowed May to get off the hook a bit. Blackford had a legitimate point, which he knew would not be answered so this stunt, as that is what it was, was all about. He got his point over I think but his audience sits about 400+ miles north of his current location.

I switched over to Parliament live and got the Beast of Bolsover trying to get Bercow to determine what type of expulsion he had used. Skinner can be very funny and he put himself forward as an expert on being expelled and quoted four types of expulsion. Bercow, did not seem to like the question and quite testily replied the expulsion was from the House and it's precincts, so Blackie is kicked out for the day.

Skinner can be frustrating and boorish at times but at the same time can be very entertaining.
Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
He looked like he was about to have a stroke, I for one do not find him either funny or entertaining
Oh come on, he is so far over the top he is amusing and entertaining. Even Black Rod had a good word to say about him, even if the Beast mocks him when he calls the Commons to hear the Queen's Speech.

Oh come on, he is so far over the top he is amusing and entertaining. Even Black Rod had a good word to say about him, even if the Beast mocks him when he calls the Commons to hear the Queen's Speech.
He is paid to be a MP not some second no third rate unfunny comedian. He needs to retire on his very public paid pension, no doubt he will end up in the old folks home (HofL)

Enough issues/incompetence to be getting on with. Westminster still make most of the rules for Wales, most of Wales happy with that.
The Welsh Government/Welsh Assembly is a waste of money and space.
Anyone vaguely educated I've spoken to in Wales thinks the Welsh assembly is a waste of money, they see it as being just as remote as Westminster and that's even from the ones living in South Wales in areas like Pembrokeshire

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
He is paid to be a MP not some second no third rate unfunny comedian. He needs to retire on his very public paid pension, no doubt he will end up in the old folks home (HofL)
Fair do's; if you want to go through life missing out on some entertainment and humour then I will leave you to your sad and unfunny existence.

Fair do's; if you want to go through life missing out on some entertainment and humour then I will leave you to your sad and unfunny existence.
My taxes pay for his foolery as other tax payers do. Its bad enough paying for SNP and their stunts. I find funny people funny and not some beer soaked duffer. But you carry on laughing at him as he laughs at you when he draws his monthly wedge. What I do find sad are those who encourage others for their own entertainment,your username certainly fits

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
My taxes pay for his foolery as other tax payers do. Its bad enough paying for SNP and their stunts. I find funny people funny and not some beer soaked duffer. But you carry on laughing at him as he laughs at you when he draws his monthly wedge. What I do find sad are those who encourage others for their own entertainment,your username certainly fits
You must be the life and soul of any party!

Now, now . . . play nicely both of you !!

Point understood, but like my representation in Parliament, I don't want HMRC, Air Traffic Control or the RNLI to exhibit any sort of jolly japiness when they're on duty. I'm paying for them to do their f'in jobs. The Army isn't in this category because many of them are bigger than me.

Indeed, and I take back some of what I said above; some of our politicians can turn a good comedy act - Leanne Wood certainly made me laugh when she opened her piehole on QT.
The fragrant Leanne has long ago fallen into the trap that many regional 'Leaders of . . .' do: coming up to Town, they are a touch shocked to realise that, once out of the well-remunerated echo chamber of Cardiff/Holyrood, they have little to say and are saying it too loudly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads