ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

BBC Daily Politics and PMQs

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViroBono, Apr 13, 2016.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I saw that but they were all talking over themselves so I did not catch what Dromey said.

2. Dromey repeated himself at least twice, describing the "Sh!t" his colleagues were/are now subjected to.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. I really enjoyed the fast, lively, witty, to-and-fro, exchange between the "stand-ins" Thornbury and Damian Green . . . better than Wimbledon!! :) .

The First Secretary really is playing a cracking "innings" . . . better than TMS!! :) .

As an audition for the "Top Job", I'd say he has passed!

• Like Like x 1
  4. When AN says 'let me help you' you are in trouble. AN to the fool Dromey.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Nicely ties in with Labour in Wales, promise to abolish tuition fees but instead say they are going to raise them to the level they are in England now the elections out of the way

• Like Like x 1
  6. AN has not had his breakfast this morning, Long-Bailey for brunch.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Auld-Yin

His brunch might not have gone down too well as RLB have quite a good interview, from a Labour pov. She refused to be pushed into saying what AN wanted to hear.

I think all parties have been doing some anti-Brillo training!

8. She needs to be treated for verbal diahorrea.

9. Auld-Yin

She's a Scouser, it's in the jeans (sic) :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Errr no, A-Y she's a Salfordian, which is worse than a Manc and far far worse than being a Scouser. We wouldn't want her, far too common.

11. Auld-Yin

All same-same to me!

12. Standards, standards, first it is no ties then they are in jeans what is the world comming to. Next it will be union jack shorts and flipflops in the mess,

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Jesse Philips presenting as measured and thoughtful on daily politics shocker.

She must have had a nice weekend. In fact one of the more friction free sensible discussions on daily politics for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Auld-Yin

She is becoming quite a star on discussion programmes and is able to put her point over without resorting to hyperbole. That she can't stand Corbyn and McDonnell is very apparent and she makes no effort to hide it.

I would like to see how she knuckles down to a serious portfolio shadowing one of the Four Great Offices before giving judgment on her abilities. There is not much chance of that happening while Momentum retain their grip on Labour.

• Like Like x 2