ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

BBC Daily Politics and PMQs

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViroBono, Apr 13, 2016.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That'll be a joint worst leader title held with Sturgeon.

(Just don't mention the lack of indyref2 in her manifesto)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Who is this utter chod on This Week. "It's all meedja lies, innit!"

3. Well he's just been torn a new one by Gove and Brillo is, gently, giving him a hard time: which is good.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Kingsley James Daley, better known as Akala, English rapper and poet.
    The general rule of thumb is any so-called 'celebrity' who wishes to be known by a single name is a chod of the highest order. He is also an advocate and practitioner of Veganism.
    Akala - I rest my case.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. After all his prancing around on the dance floor, why is Ed Balls looking so fat?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. No idea what it is you're trying to prove. Like you more than a few of us served during that period and most, if not all remember we got a large pay rise in the late 70's and were thankful for it. That doesn't deflect from the fact that the 70's were a very tough time and were shit, unless you lived in a bubble of herferdor and brandy mit cola.

PS

When I was posted to BAOR for the first time in 1976 as a singly it was just after LOA had plummeted to £3 pd. When I went back as a married tiffy mit zwei kinder in 1990 I got about the same but I wouldn't have relived the 70's for love nor more money. Besides, the LOA in BFG was £17 pd for a married WO1 with 1 kid*

* Edited to add: when I returned in 2003

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Lefty Paul Mason on you days DP stating no major investment is coming to the UK.

So Google's near £1bn investment been submitted within the capital with a future jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. [DRIFT]

From a bloke I find very amusing . . found on facebook.

I took the "quiz", and interested in all 17(?) topics it took nearly 30 minutes, but well worth it.

What was interesting, is the number of manifesto items on which the different (anonymous) parties are in agreement!

[/DRIFT]

Note: Also posted on other election/political threads.

9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

70s hard! That is a matter of perspective.

My parents survived the depression and second world war, I would say those times were hard and the times I went through in the 70s were pure luxury compared.

My father went to school barefoot often and joined the army purely because he lost his job in 1930 and anyone without a reference had no chance of a job. 30 years later he left as a Lt Col.

In the 70s most houses had TV, most had a phone, fridge, all the stuff we look on now as normal, even in married quarters which were like a row of miners cottages, Assaye Bks MQs, we had stuff that my parents could only dream of. We were young and skint but got through fine.

No, the 70s were not that bad and the two children I had and were born in the 70s seem to be OK.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Akala (rapper) - Wikipedia - younger brother of a Ms Dianamite?

33 and intending to vote for the first time. Less affected speech than Russell Brand, and some valid points. Rowed back a little under challenge/discourse

11. He certainly seemed to bend like a tree in the wind when challenged by Gove and Balls. Seemed a nice enough chap though, despite being a Vegan! :smile:

12. Auld-Yin

Osborne on Marr looking like the CST that found the cream! Smug bastard!!!

To be taken to task by Poly Toynbee as the man that list the election for the Tories, wiped the smile off his face!

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Auld-Yin

Osborne is coming across as a bitter sour man who is delighted at May's problems. I would not be surprised if it was revealed he voted for Corbyn!

• Like Like x 2
  14. About the only thing Polly Toynbee has ever got right IMO, Osbourne lost this election for the Conservatives while he was still Chancellor.

• Like Like x 3
  15. You can just imagine the chatter when he gets together with Dave, Samantha etc and the rest of the crew who were turfed out unceremoniously by May last year.
    Bitterness and smugness is a very unappealing combination and although he has adopted a very low profile in the last year, I expect Osborne to step up now as the go to 'rent a quote' in the months to come and it's clear he is relishing his new role.
    For someone with my political beliefs, the next few months could be excruciating - are the caves at Torra Bora free at the moment? :-(