BBC Daily Politics and PMQs

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Bit late but need to calm down a bit first! G Adams (spit) was set up beautifully by Andrew Marr today; towards the end of the interview where Adams was painting himself as whiter than white, Marr asked him if he had Faith and GA said he did. Marr then asked him about when he was standing in front of the big yin in judgement would GA be able to claim his hands were clean. If looks could kill....Adams did not answer and just waffled!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Brillo is giving them a kicking, but to be fair he is asking questions that they, or any other politician, would not answer!

I liked the but though where he told the Labour guy not to butt in while he has the government spokesman on the ropes! Hilarious.

Jo Coburn gave Rebecca Long Bailey a hard time on Daily Politics following Corbyn's Brexit speech.
Lisa Nandy disagreed with the way R L-B communicated one of the points.
Nigel was on only briefly but Lisa Nandy was seriously annoying him. Lisa Nandy reiterating "A" customs union. Jo Coburn asked if she was happy to accept that would mean taking rather than negotiating our position. LN was in denial about this and said there will be some restrictions but we will be able to have some say in matters...
Guardian commentator said that following the Corbyn speech there was now "clear blue water" between the positions of labour and Conservative parties, before (I think) saying that they were broadly in agreement. What?
Lisa Nandy will be voting for Ken Livingston to be expelled from the Labour party for his racist views.
Selina Scott re cruelty of live transportation of animals due to EU regulations. I think she said it was Petition 200-205. SNP government is against the proposal, claiming it would damage the farming industry or rather they won't do anything to upset the EU.
There is a satirical campaign to lower the voting age to 12, highlighting that the arguments for lowering it to 16 could be extended to 12. Proponents of the lowering to 16 dismiss it as a clever stunt.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Jo Cole gave Rebecca Long Bailey a hard time on Daily Politics following Corbyn's Brexit speech.
Nigel was on only briefly but Lisa Nandy was seriously annoying him. Lisa Nandy reiterating "A" customs union. Jo Cole asked if she was happy to accept that would mean taking rather than negotiating our position. LN was in denial about this and said there will be some restrictions but we will be able to have say...
Guardian commentator said that following the Corbyn speech there was now "clear blue water" between the positions of labour and Conservative parties, before (I think) saying that they were broadly in agreement. What?
Lisa Nandy will be voting for Ken Livingston to be expelled from the Labour party for his racist views.
Selina Scott re cruelty of live transportation of animals due to EU regulations. I think she said it was Petition 200-205. SNP government is against the proposal, claiming it would damage the farming industry or rather they won't do anything to upset the EU.
There is a satirical campaign to lower the voting age to 12, highlighting that the arguments for lowering it to 16 could be extended to 12. Proponents of the lowering to 16 dismiss it as a clever stunt.
I missed RLB as I like seeing her taken down a peg or three. The rest is a very good summation. I think Jo-Co had quite a good day today. She is not as cutting as Brillo but does a fair job most of the time.

I missed RLB as I like seeing her taken down a peg or three. The rest is a very good summation. I think Jo-Co had quite a good day today. She is not as cutting as Brillo but does a fair job most of the time.
Thanks. I agree about Jo Coburn but my impression had hitherto been that she wasn't quite so balanced in the past. It's early yet but no signs of BBC raving or fawning over the speech. I sense frustration at the "cake eating" they referred to, as well as an inability to answer questions unequivocally and a refusal to accept facts. Maybe they are starting to see the danger?

Last edited:
WTF is Jo Cole...?

I assume they meant Jo Coburn
So do I but why pass up the chance to point out where someone might have been a bit of muppet?

Jo Coburn gave Rebecca Long Bailey a hard time on Daily Politics following Corbyn's Brexit speech.
Nigel was on only briefly but Lisa Nandy was seriously annoying him. Lisa Nandy reiterating "A" customs union. Jo Coburn asked if she was happy to accept that would mean taking rather than negotiating our position. LN was in denial about this and said there will be some restrictions but we will be able to have some say in matters...
Yes RLB was certainly on the ropes when Jo asked for evidence of EU acceptance.

Lisa Nandy was clearly hacked off & it showed, Nigel, despite a brief appearance really stirred her up on Labour’s ‘The/A’ customs agreement reference the legality part, Jo also challenging LN too.

And Labour overall are feeling the heat since they’ve finally declared their (snake in the grass) policy on Customs, and they’ve a cheek to say the stories are unorganised...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pity JC couldn't get Lisa Nandy to admit that the "A customs union" is just a cynical ploy by labour to bring the likes Soubry on side to vote down TM in the commons. I believe they are hoping that it will then force a vote of no confidence and hence the chance at another GE sooner rather than later.

Andrew Neil on form this morning. Therese Coffey and Barry Gardiner (who arrived late, much to AN's annoyance), are the hapless guests today. Also Laura K. I was busy cooking but TC was quizzed about Boris on the Eire/NI border and frustrated AN by not giving him direct answers. BG was challenged over Labour's latest proposed negotiating position that AN told him had practically no chance of being accepted by France and Germany.
The matter of racism against ALL white people by Labour's new advisor Munroe Bergdorf was raised by AN to which BG seemed to have no satisfactory answer. Currently showing PMQT.

Last edited:
Chris Wyler from the CA story on Andrew Marr.
I find it bizarre that, whilst there is definitely a story and an investigation here, that most of the MSM are accepting this guys version pretty much uncritically.

Poison Polly also on so blood pressure already too high for a Sunday morning.

Chris Wyler from the CA story on. I find it bizarre that, whilst there is definitely a story and an investigation here, that most of the MSM are accepting this guys version pretty much uncritically.

Poison Polly also on so blood pressure already too high for a Sunday morning.
How can someone with an hairstyle like that ever be trusted?! :smile:

PMQs could be, erm, interesting today...!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Brillo on brilliant form today.

Ripped Tories apart for the Windrush scandal

Then ripped Labour apart over anti Semitism

No bias whatsoever, ripped in to both.

As @NSP points out PMQs should be very interesting.

Corbyn's waffling about Albert Thompson at the moment. May hasn't taken the opportunity to have a dig yet. Then again, she usually waits until her final answer to his final question so he can't refute anything.

Ooh - he's just asked about the landing card destruction only to be informed that the decision was taken and the wheels set in motion in 2009. When Labour were running things...