BBC Daily Politics and PMQs

The Mirror hasn't even waited for publication. One Tory peer makes some comments related to his opinion on fox hunting and, according to this morning's front page, it's suddenly official party policy!
And by this morning all over Facebook as a reason not to vote for the Vile Tories who will waste Parliamentary time repealing the act so their elite cronies can hunt again...

Can we hunt Labour supporters instead? I'm sure the foxes would support that idea!
Nasty, vicious creatures, making a racket at night when the virtuous are trying to sleep. Even worse in towns when they throw rubbish about. I think foxes would like to hunt them...

AN well on form, destroyed Lucas, skewered Dromey, and took a bite out of Gove.
Marvellous entertainment. Beats the hell out of X-factor - they should put AN on Saturday nights!
Unfortunately, Lucas is like a cockroach in the apocalypse and will still be around come Election Day.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Looks like politicians are becoming scared of appearing with Brillo. Today he had said, at different points, that Labour, Tory and Greens had been asked to supply a person to answer on the subject at hand,, but each party refused!

Not many brave politicians around!

Looks like politicians are becoming scared of appearing with Brillo. Today he had said, at different points, that Labour, Tory and Greens had been asked to supply a person to answer on the subject at hand,, but each party refused!

Not many brave politicians around!
Despite all their manifestos, they share the same top policy.
Do not f**k up in front of the media!

Modern politicos can only talk in rehearsed soundbites. Commence an intellectual discussion highlighting possible or likely failings with any of their policies and they resort to mantra, imply the concern is meaningless or state they're on a tight schedule and have to move on.

Edit: Forgot to add, "I don't have those statistics to hand but..."

Politicos who appear on DP should always be cautious about attempting to busk an answer to Neil (and Coburn and Ferrari on LBC).
If you don't know the correct figure say I don't know that.... Not my area.....ask John McDonnell about that....

Their advisers should warn them
Neil will NOT ask you a question for which he does not already know the correct answer.
So be on your brief and if you are not, DO NOT try to wing it.

Last edited:
Neil will NOT ask you a question for which he does not already know the correct answer.
Or in the case of Long-Bailey on the day of the last Autumn statement, he must have felt sorry for the stupid bint as he actually gave her the answers to the questions he gave to her.

Politicos who appear on DP should always be cautious about attempting to busk an answer to Neil (and Coburn and Ferrari on LBC).
If you don't know the correct figure say I don't know that.... Not my area.....ask John McDonnell about that....

Their advisers should warn them
Which is a lesson we have all been told at various stages in life / career. If you don't know, fess up and say so. Also say you will look into it and provide the answer later or pass the question on to the best person. Wing it and you get found out - with the consequences. So if we simple people can master that, it's amazing the great and good in Westminster still blather on trying to wing it. Great entertainment, it just grieves me how much they take home for all their appearances etc

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Colonel Nugee on Marr. This should be funny!

Colonel Thornberry has just said we don't have enough frigates to get our troops from Salisbury Plain to continental Europe if the Russians decide invade. She's obviously got her finger on a pulse - not sure which one though.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I am not too sure what Marr's aim is. He is a very gentle enquirer allowing Thornberry to talk freely with little interruption yet got her to take a stance against Corbyn. Having done that though he allowed her to talk her way out of that.

Nothing really important discussed with Thornberry and a very gentle Sunday morning for her. Hardly a mention of the leaked manifesto, nothing about how will Labour pay for their pipe-dreams, what was the point of having her on in an election campaign?

Let's see how he does with Fallon.

[QUOTE="Auld-Yin, post: 7892646, member: 8515"

Let's see how he does with Fallon.[/QUOTE]

It seems to be ask him a question and then talk all over the answer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Has anyone told Marr that there is a general election in less than four weeks time?

While I understand that the world carries on but this must be a waste of time having senior people from Labour and Tory but little about the GE which is what we, the Plebs, will be voting for in a few weeks time.

Sturgeon on disputing fact provided by her own government.
She blaming the new curriculum
At least we agree on something
Why are they teaching Gaelic in Glasgow schools?

Nugee now claiming Jeremy was part of talks with the IRA and you can't just make things up and claim he was friends with them

How do you know when she's talking rubbish
You can see her mouth move

I am not too sure what Marr's aim is. He is a very gentle enquirer allowing Thornberry to talk freely with little interruption yet got her to take a stance against Corbyn. Having done that though he allowed her to talk her way out of that.

Nothing really important discussed with Thornberry and a very gentle Sunday morning for her. Hardly a mention of the leaked manifesto, nothing about how will Labour pay for their pipe-dreams, what was the point of having her on in an election campaign?

Let's see how he does with Fallon.
When you see the condescending tone from Major-General Field-Commodore Nugget, sometimes just letting her talk freely is the best thing to do...

When you see the condescending tone from Major-General Field-Commodore Nugget, sometimes just letting her talk freely is the best thing to do...

It seems to be the way with all Labour MP's
The Tory's do 't need to do anything just let them on t.v. and let them open their mouths