BBC Daily Politics and PMQs

Yes, I heard someone from the BBC being interviewed on the radio. Apparently, everything was done in the public interest and this judgement amounts to censorship.

There's nothing like contrition... and that is nothing like contrition.
The consensus from the talking heads on all media outlets, including the BBC's own news stations, appears to agree that an appeal will get nowhere.

I do hope so.

Have the old bill been sanctioned?
From what I recall, they took the bbc along for the ride when they executed the warrant. But, you know, it was in the public interest.
This whole approach of ‘putting it out there’ in the hope that others come forward has always repulsed me.
Meanwhile, Sir Cliffs reputation is in the gutter, an innocent man. Someone needs to swing.

From what I recall, they took the bbc along for the ride when they executed the warrant. But, you know, it was in the public interest.
This whole approach of ‘putting it out there’ in the hope that others come forward has always repulsed me.
Meanwhile, Sir Cliffs reputation is in the gutter, an innocent man. Someone needs to swing.
Leads to trial by FB or Twatter which is becoming more and more common these days...

I believe they paid £400,000.

It was £210,000 , but it is an initial award, which suggest that there's more to come. I shudder to think what the costs will be. I shudder because I'll be one of the many paying for it all.
With any luck they will reduce the number of hours the ginger winger is on air to pay for it.

The Police paid £400,000.
The judge ruled that Plod were only 35% liable so they will probably be asking the BBC for a wedge to balance their settlement.

With any luck they will reduce the number of hours the ginger winger is on air to pay for it.
They should get rid of that smug twat Lineker. That would give them a bit of loose change to play with.

Daily Politics this morning starts with discussion on Boris's speech, Brexit and will May stay or go.
Matthew Paris (Former Conservative MP - Pro Remain) made disparaging remarks and wrote Boris off.
Suzanne Evans (Former UKIP Deputy Chairman)
Andrew Bridgen (Conservative MP - Eurosceptic - Pro Leave) says Boris is very popular
They are joined by journalists Laura Hughes of the Financial Times and Aaron Bastani (Corbynista and activist)
Pairing arrangements.
EU and custom preparations.
Communism - Bastani seems a fan of a utopian form made possible by technology :lol:
Jo Coburn quotes Mao Tse Tung on violence. Bastani sites Marx and doesn't thinks Corbyn isn't a communist.
Paris thinks people who believe in the free market have not been robust enough in defending it. (He didn't mention unelected EU).
Bastani had brought in a t-shirt which he had made on account of his colleage who declared "I'm literally a communist"

Suzanne Evans said she couldn't imagine someone declaring on television "I'm literally a fascist"
Doh! That clip will be all over social media fueling accusations that UKIP are facist.
Matthew Paris knowingly said "well, I don't know about that" snigger

The Twitter feed which is being update while the show is on is here:
BBC Daily Politics and Sunday Politics (@daily_politics) | Twitter

Margaret Hodge - Corbyn and Hodge are political foes. Talk of Labour backtracking as it's a bad look.
Jo Coburn asks Bastani why Labour hasn't fully adopted the definition on anti-semitism.
Bastani says Corbyn is not an interventionist. Laura responded robustly that as the party leader, Corbyn really needs to intervene and get these issues sorted out.

Each of the guests were tasked with deciding who would form their party of national unity (something that Anna Soubry proposed because of the factions on all sides). They will produce their answers later.

Last edited:
I notice both BBC and Sky current affairs and News programmes are mentioning the failure of the "pairing" agreement but refusing to include the Conservative press release on the number of times it has been corrupted by both the Lib Dems and Labour. No balance there then, in fact on the DP it only got a mention because Andrew Bridgen mentioned it in his reply.

Today’s DP 20/07/18

Rather unusual & unbalanced guests, former labour communications rep plugging his book, an ‘open Europe’ rep & finally a female Guardian journalist.

Only JoCo countering any argument.

Excuse no names from guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Baldwin is correct about the massive influence of social media on politics. He is very anti-Brexit and this was very evident in his arguments. One of the others mentioned the massive impact Momentum made via social platforms. Jessica Elgot seemed the more balanced of the three, which surprised me. It goes to show that not all Guardian journalists project bias.

The matter of horrendously expensive medicines being unaffordable was raised and a clip shown of a young lad talking about how he needs it. Baldwin said the lad was a television natural and should get in to politics. He then said this matter shouldn't be politicised. You can tell he was a former Labour Head of Communications...

Last edited:
Tom Baldwin is correct about the massive influence of social media on politics. He is very anti-Brexit and this was very evident in his arguments. Jessica Elgot seemed the more balanced of the three, which surprised me. It goes to show that not all Guardian journalists project bias.
Baldwin constantly going about 'the people's vote'. We had a peoples vote,and the people voted out. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of democracy,much like all the other remoaners.