BBC Daily Politics and PMQs

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViroBono, Apr 13, 2016.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. NSP

NSP LE

Wot no PMQs today...???

2. NSP

NSP LE

Dawn Butler on R5L instead of PMQs: answering every question about sexual harassment complaints with, "There are processes," followed by loads of um/ah waffle that says little more than "I'm not across my brief, possibly because I am actually as thick as mince."

:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

First day of Parliamentary recess.

4. I heard her too. When asked to comment on a Labour MP who is potentially in trouble she said something along the lines of “it wouldn’t be appropriate of me to comment on a case that is currently being investigated, but not yet proven”. Two minutes previously she called for Damien Green to be sacked - a Conservative MP currently being investigated, but not yet proven. Thick as mince - you couldn’t make this shit up! Unsurprisingly, before being parachuted into her safe Labour seat, she was a Trade Union negotiator.
    She almost makes Dianne Abbott sound articulate. Absolutely dire.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Holiday

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Again!

• Like Like x 1
  7. NSP

NSP LE

Yes, apparently. And so soon after taking the summer off.

I know they like to parallel the school holidays but half term was a fortnight ago.

The slackers...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brotherton Lad

They do stuff in their constituencies this week (or resign).

9. NSP

NSP LE

She's Corbyn's go-to when Flabbott has a suddenly convenient headache isn't available, for sitting next to him at PMQs so he's always got a) a female, b) an ethnic minority, and c) a differently abled person (she's a fat, puffing munter like Flabbott) in shot for the camera.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NSP

NSP LE

Or top themselves, it seems.

11. Brotherton Lad

Sadly, the country is in a bit of a tight spot and these things will happen.

RIP to the bloke, naturally.

12. NSP

NSP LE

It's only alleged he was in a tight spot. I suspect it was more like lobbing a carrot down the Hatfield Tunnel.

13. NSP

NSP LE

Right. Enough of that - just scrolled down enough to reveal the CA branding at the bottom of the page...

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Here's one to ponder.

This week, Auntie has whipped itself into a frenzy over Priti Patel. Facts - such as we can gather them - are she went to the land of the Red Sea Pedestrians "on holiday" and had some discussions with govt officials without informing the FCO. Undoubtedly unwise, but - other than the fact that if there's one nation guaranteed to send certain people into meltdown, it's Israel - no major impact.

A month ago, a certain Sir K Starmer, self-styled chief UK Brexit negotiator inserts himself into negotiations with EU by visiting Brussels and spinning furiously over UK position. Certainly without consulting FCO. In the middle of the most important negotiations this country has had for about half a century. Impact - to almost certainly compromise UK negotiating position. As did his mentor Mr Blair.

Compare and contrast BBC (and other media) reaction to that compared with the febrile hysteria afoot in the last couple of weeks over relative trivia.

• Like Like x 4
  15. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

Somewhat a case of "physician - heal thyself".