BBC Daily Politics and PMQs

Chinning off the SNP now. Good!

Rosie Cooper thanked the leaders and members of the house for their support (during her health issues) and asked for consideration to expand existing hospitals where practical to do so as far cheaper than building new hospitals. Her hope is that the money saved can be better used by NHS in it's operating costs.

Last edited:
Scottish space centre was mentioned by MP from Perth. Apparently they have a bid for involvement too.
(There has been some derision and dismisal in the press about launching satellites from the North but these took no account of the advantages of the location for Polar orbiting satellites).

Norther Rail services and Thames link were mentioned.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Davis asks for a document he prepared to be published.

May skirts the issue but basically says no.

David Davis spoke on Free Trade. He asked for the text of legal agreements to be published. PMTM looked rattled but responded, affirming that she is happy that the paper (Not david Davis' paper) has been published and is fit for purpose. I may be confused about this but I'm not convinced that David Davis got the answer to the question he asked.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
David Davis spoke on Free Trade. He asked for the text of legal agreements to be published. PMTM looked rattled but responded, affirming that she is happy that the paper has been published and is fit for purpose. I may be confused about this but I'm not convinced that David Davis got the answer to the question he asked.
She is not going to publish his document but is working on something similar. The answer to Davis was No.

PMQs ended 12:50. No over run this time.
Andrew Neil reckons Jeremy Corbyn tended to have the upper hand in previous PMQs but not this one.
Laura K agreed and said that PM came out of this PMQ relatively unscathed.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
PMQs used to be 30 minutes not 50. Mind you, when they were first introduced, by Harold Macmillan I think, it was two X 15 minute sessions a week. Bercow has, off his own bat, extended PMQs to 50 minutes.

She is having a torrid time from her own MPs.
It's almost as if she's being bent over the despatch box, skirt up and knickers down, as her back-benchers form an orderly queue to take a turn each at giving her a through spanking as they file past.

PMQs used to be 30 minutes not 50. Mind you, when they were first introduced, by Harold Macmillan I think, it was two X 15 minute sessions a week. Bercow has, off his own bat, extended PMQs to 50 minutes.
I think he goes on until he's heard all the questioners on his list. If the questions and/or answers are short, and/or the heckling is contained, then it's sometimes only ten minutes or so over time.

I have added a couple of clips from PMQ's to an earlier post but you can find them at the daily politics Twitter page here: BBC Daily Politics and Sunday Politics (@daily_politics) | Twitter

"The very final #bbcdp with @afneil is on-air He'll be back for #bbctw and (from September) for BBC Politics Live which will run on 1115-1300 on Wednesdays."

Edited to add, the #bbcdp page has been updated with more highlights from PMQs and also some items giving some flavour of how Daily Politics started and what it was like back in 2003.

Last edited:
No need to feel sick. I think she is wrong in a number of areas but tend to agree on this one.
No punishment for the BBC, really, apart from a small reputational one.

No individual in the BBC hierarchy will feel any pain. The taxpayer will pick up the tab.

Errr.... Did I say taxpayer? Of course, I meant BBC licence payer... which amounts to much the same thing.

No punishment for the BBC, really, apart from a small reputational one.

No individual in the BBC hierarchy will feel any pain. The taxpayer will pick up the tab.

Errr.... Did I say taxpayer? Of course, I meant BBC licence payer... which amounts to much the same thing.
The BBC intend putting in an appeal...
Guilty until innocent unless you are approved by BBC...
They have a lot of dirt under their carpets to account for.