BBC Daily Politics and PMQs

Would be a shame if it's a push to get rid of Andrew Neil, he has a sharp mind and knows the brief of his interviewees better than most of them do.

On a side note I always liked DP with Jenny Scott ;)

Last edited:
Daily Politics predictably focusing on Trump bashing.
Guests include Sarah Wollaston (anti-Brexit*, anti-Boris, anti-Trump) N.B. she was Eurosceptic prior to 2016.
Labour supporting journalist, Kevin Maguire (anti-Brexit and no fan of Trump or Boris)
Ranting Momentum member and councilor in Perry Vale, Lewisham - Sakina Sheikh - says Trump is facist, racist, condoned by kkk, etc, forcing politics to the extreme right - Completely blanked out any counter arguments. There is only one way, far left... condemn this, condemn that.
Here she is - Three Labour Lewisham East Candidates Promoted Extremist Imam - Oops.

Just one rational guest, Claire Fox, Director of Academy of Ideas, pointed out the dangers of spouting facist etc without considering the history and connotations. She pointed out cages were under Obama but of course the Momentum campaigner / anti-Trump protester, kept talking over her.

Jo asked if she had issues with Corbyn and his claimed links to the IRA. Momentum campaigner completely ignored the question and continued projecting her message. Thankfully she left to go to her protest and was replaced by another two guests to debate the White Paper. Paul Scully, Conservative Vice Chairman defending May's paper.
Conservative councilor Helen Harrison (nice) wants May to look at her Lancaster House speech and to ask herself if she is sticking to her promise.

Jo want's to know if Michael Fabricant will be punished over retweeting an image of a balloon of himself with a pig on top (sounds like she wants him to be).

Tommy Sheppard (SNP) denies Alex Salmond was once supportive of Donald Trump. Sheppard is not a fan and says there is no love lost between 1st minister and Trump. I didn't think they liked each other that much :razz:

DP team have posted highlights on their Twitter feed, so you can watch them there.

BBC Daily Politics and Sunday Politics (@daily_politics) | Twitter

I liked Clare Fox's contributions to the discussion. She would be good on QT.

Helen Harrison had looked at the small print in the white paper and was very uncomfortable with it. She seemed a decent sort. Physiotherapist. Runs her own business.

I'm not a fan of Wollaston. Overconfident in her beliefs and very opinionated I think. I don't doubt that she was good as a doctor and a Police Surgeon.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ranting Momentum member and councilor in Perry Vale, Lewisham - Sakina Sheikh - says Trump is facist, racist, condoned by kkk, etc, forcing politics to the extreme right -
The very same Sakina Sheikh, who a week after being voted in as a councillor, decided to use all of that political experience to run for MP for the borough after being vacated by Heidi Alexander, that Sakina Sheikh?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
PMTM is on the Marr show now and is so obviously lying, dissembling and trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes.

Asked several times about when Davis knew about the Common Rule Book she did not answer but said Davis knew the EU were not going to accept any plan. She refused to answer and dissembled.

She is getting quite agitated as Marr not letting her just spout her lies without challenge.

Time for her to go.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
She is fixated on the "Common Rule Book" which in effect is the EU Rule Book.

Marr holding her to it but she won't answer any question, just goes off on a tangent where she is more comfortable.

Not a good performance.

Not a good performance.
Just about sums up her time as PM. For some reason, the right leaning media keeps banging on about how resilient she is, despite the knocks she has had (many of them self inflicted, including calling the GE) and the disloyalty of many of her backbenchers. I don’t buy it personally. They seem to be obsessed with the horrible thought of JC getting into power if the May Government implodes, but that shouldn’t mean Theresa is the answer!
She is an awful PM and the blatant stitch up of her own team at Chequers is a defining moment in my opinion.
I agree with you - she is dissembling and I don’t believe a word she is saying.

Will Boris try and do a Howe when he gets up to give his resignation speech in the House tomorrow, I wonder...?

Just about sums up her time as PM. For some reason, the right leaning media keeps banging on about how resilient she is, despite the knocks she has had (many of them self inflicted, including calling the GE) and the disloyalty of many of her backbenchers. I don’t buy it personally. They seem to be obsessed with the horrible thought of JC getting into power if the May Government implodes, but that shouldn’t mean Theresa is the answer!
She is an awful PM and the blatant stitch up of her own team at Chequers is a defining moment in my opinion.
I agree with you - she is dissembling and I don’t believe a word she is saying.

I really thought she was better than that and when she came to power she'd be another Thatcher (in that she'd stand up for the country and take no crap)

I am disappointed.

I really thought she was better than that and when she came to power she'd be another Thatcher (in that she'd stand up for the country and take no crap)

I am disappointed.
I never thought she was the new Thatcher, but I get your point. I had similar views and she has been a crushing disappointment.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
PMQs today, the last meaningful one before the recess. Will it be interesting, bearing in mind Boris is due to make his resignation speech just after.

Will Corbyn give her an easy time as he really does not want the top job?!

AN getting stuck in to Tories for breaking the pairing rule in parliament votes. What a fecking mess the Tories are in! Starting to look like John Major's final time in office which led to over a decade of Labour rule.