BBC Correspondent Hails Iranian President

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by UK_Daily_Pundit, Mar 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here's the BBC's Washington correspondent Matt Frei on the Iranian President:

"President Ahmadinejad is no Saddam Hussein, even if he has hosted a "Holocaust Denial" conference, and does want to develop a nuclear capability."

Name your planet - any planet.

Matt Frei, Washington diary - Biased BBC
  2. I must be missing the point here.

What is wrong with Matt's report? Did you bother reading it all the way to the conclusions?
  3. A journo looking for a squaddie rant perhaps!?

All he said was that socially and politically Iran is a complex country. Probably something that should be more widely broadcast in the US.
  4. Agreed. There are TWO sides to the story.

Shame you (UK_Daily_pundit) only managed to read the one.
  5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Come on, don't use that 'complex' word, it makes everything too complicated...

you're either...

Good or Evil
    Black or White
    Left or Right
    Pro war or Contra war

6. Frei, as usual, seems pretty sound.

WTF is UK_Daily_Pundit's point?
  7. I have to completely agree with the statement "President Ahmadinejad is no Saddam Hussein". Firstly, he's not called Saddam. Secondly he's not a corpse and thirdly, he just doesn't have that classic Saddam moustache!
  8. You must be a journo, this is an excellent example of taking comments out of context. All he has said is that Ahmedinajad is not as bad as Saddam Hussein.

Now go away until you are able to reach the standards required in this forum.
  9. Perosnally I thought it was a well written piece, which i would have missed if it wasn't for UDP's blantant tabloid/guardian style soundbited post.
  10. Now, now! Let's not use that word in the context of anything Iranian.

You could always say 'North' or South instead... Perhaps a kernel (Colonel) of truth, there.
  11. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

"I'm sorry, I cannot remember, I fail to recall."
  12. President Ahmadinejad is a lovely gentleman and he is going to find it in his heart to let our soldiers come home

Salaam alaykum," (peace be with you )
  13. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Which is a damn sight more than Tony Bliar :twisted:
  14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

It REALLY is complicated this situation with Iran. The country as a whole is not necessarily a bad place and there are an enormous number of moderates in the place, and this includes the president.

The problem is the bl00dy fanatics again. If they got rid of the 'revolutionary' cretins (isn't every 'revolution' that's maintained for more than 2 years a load of b0ll0cks?), they'd quickly settle down and everyone would have a lot less problems.

The article seems fairly good IMHO.

I don't think anyone in their right mind actually wants a shooting war. The head-jobs do, but they can be contained by getting them out of the 'revolutionary' council in Iran and the White House in the US.

What I'd like to see is our bods returned to us with a full apology.

The biggest problem is both the grabbing of western 'hostages' for that is what they are and the continued interference in Iraq (perhaps from both sides!). If Iran does not back off from Iraq and more, I fear that it could turn very ugly indeed.
  15. Im sure 'daily pundit ' that your daily pundit blog does not need input from some of us but to help you with a line or too of copy you can Quote me as confirming it "hailed today in devon" other than that im sure your blog has room for your own baby journo thoughts.