BBC censored Christian party broadcast about Mega Mosque

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by armchair_jihad, Apr 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In full
  2. Shh. Move on, move on, this is a non-story, of no importance and less relevance to our multicultural society.

(I thought I'd get that in first.)
  3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Ahh why am I not surprised that the BBC are apeing their political masters and banning free speech they disagree with, since when have they had the right to sensor party political broadcast content? Looks like they will have to pay for their pinko thinking in the courts, with our money :roll: Self opinionated wankers.
  4. Are you taking the piss? EUROPES biggest mosque is being made in London,by anti western muslim only wnakers? nahh cant be, **EDIT** edited before men in suits come take me away

Cal :D
  5. Lets face it. It will be built, the local council is Labour through and through and I can't see them blocking it.

And won't it just illustrate the pathetic state this country is in?
  6. It doesn't take a lot of research to discover that Alan Craig started the story about the non-existent Mosque in the first place.

Is there some reason the BBC should not censor a lie out of a party political broadcast by a party who's existence is predicated on the same lie that was started by its founder?
  7. I *was* about to just point out this is none of our business and that racism is pretty sad and pathetic, but then again:

"Tablighi Jamaat, the Islamic missionary group behind the £75 million Abbey Mills mosque, opposes inter-faith dialogue and preaches that non-Muslims are an evil and corrupting influence."

Hmm! Do we want a mega-mosque full of happy chappies calling us names in an isolated environment?

Equally though, as this sort of talk IS now illegal, there's much to be said for allowing this engaging man enough rope to swing by. Viz:

Nutter: "JIHAD!!!!"

Home Office:"Prison."

Nutter: "Oh."
  8. Why am I not surprised? The BBC no longer seems to be about the impartial delivery of facts and information, but another outlet for leftwing , politicised TV. Just imagine the outrage if the BBC were told to ‘adjust’ a report or documentary. They would be screaming ‘PRESS FREEDOM’ and how this is a democratic country. A country in which you are free to say what you want, as long as chimes with their opinions. If a moderate Muslin group had labelled an extremist Christian group ( think Christian Identity ) as separatist, the BBC would not have never have even considered for such statements to be removed, and if challenged start spouting the usual about how the press needs to be to report about minorities etc.

I think the time has come for a Royal Commission (opps, sorry, not with this government, lets call it a ‘People’s Commission on ensuring the nation remains on message at public expense’ ) as to whether the time has come for the license fee to be scrapped or moderated. With the repeated bias shown by the BBC, I for one chose not to watch BBC news casting any more, as I just now that if the reporting covers the US, Israel or MNF-I, that the story will be heavily loaded against them. Recent reporting where clear factual errors were made, quotes taken out of context etc have caused me to lose all faith in the BBC.

9. Er, what? Could you expand on that a little because I'm having a little trouble following you.
  10. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

You could have a look at the previous four hundred and thirteen threads regarding the 'Mega-Mosque'.

I'm not debunking this drivel again. Still have RSI from doing it before.
  11. In other words outrage fans. IT IS NOT TRUE.

The whole super mosque story is untrue. The BBC would not allow the party to broadcast a story it knew to be untrue. It didn't censor, it exercised editorial control.

Or would you rather have your license fee paid straight into the coffers of the Jamaat when it successfully sues the beeb?

12. Why do they allow Liarbour to broadcast then?

11 years has proven that their party political broadcasts are just like Jackanory but without Bernard Cribbins and big wooly cardigans.
  13. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Yep. Fairly typical Armchair_Jihad though; post an anti-muslim link, with no analysis or opinion of your own and then take no further part in the thread.

He's a tool when it comes to this type of thing.

Edited following polite request from A_J
    Edited again to add a pertinent fact.
  14. There are no plans for a 'Mega-Mosque'.
    The 'Mega-Mosque' was drivel first spread by Alan Craig.
    A fruitloop woman from the BNP started a petition against the imaginary Mosque - it is probably responsible for more threads in the Hole than any other subject.
    Alan Craig has started a political party to campaign against the Mosque he made up.
    The BBC have refused to broadcast references to the Mosque he made up.

Ist das klar? Or do I have to make up a story about Tibetan ninja monkeys plotting to make slaves of the British, then start a political party whose aim is to stop said monkeys and see if the outrage bandwagon starts rolling when the BBC refuse to show my party political broadcasts?
  15. So Tablighi Jamaat have never floated plans to build a fuck off massive mosque on the site or tried for planning permission? From what newspaper articles I've read, which is very few as it never really interested me, they [the papers] seemed to be saying that they had. Most odd, will have to do some research now.