• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

BBC Bodyguard Burns Corpse

BBC bodyguard set fire to dead tsunami baby because he thought it posed a risk to the reporting team | Mail Online

Not sure on this one... mainly because the story doesn't seem to be adding up. The state of the body seems to be beyond recognition by the end of the story, yet at the begining it doesn't seem that bad.

He 'may' have left a skull on the floor, they just wanted it done, but the whole point of the burning was to remove a possible biological vector? But we'll just leave a skull on the floor?

Perhaps this was just something that should have been left out of the book and consigned to the murk of history? And away from the TV licence paying citizens.

Truly stupid!

The health risk from a decomposing corpse is quite minimal unless: 1) one comes in physical contact with the bodily fluids and 2) the corpse was suffering from a disease such as hepatitis, Ebola, Marberg,

Most of the research in this field was done by an Oliver Morton who is a fellow at the London School of Tropical Medicine.
c.f. http://www.paho.org/english/dd/ped/deadbodiesfieldmanual.htm

Either the bodyguard was ignorant of this or he did not want the BBC folk upset.

Writing in his new book Bodyguard: My Life On The Frontline, Summers compared the body to an obstacle such as a ‘blocked toilet’.

‘I pride myself in my work,’ writes Summers, now head of security at Sky TV. ‘Nobody got sick on that trip. Nobody even came close to diarrhoea and I knew that I had done my job keeping everyone else healthy. I ran a tight ship ensuring everyone always washed their hands with wet wipes.
He'll fit right in at Sky.

How long before he is arrested?

Swear everyone to secrecy then shove it in your book and highlight it in the publicity - chopper.

Not surprising he whas chosen for redundancy.

Latest Threads