BBC bias to senior medics?

If you need further examples of ''BBC bias'',there's a programme on on Monday next about how much of our present day science and engineering,grew out of the ''Muslim Civilisation!!''

muhandis89 said:
If you need further examples of ''BBC bias'',there's a programme on on Monday next about how much of our present day science and engineering,grew out of the ''Muslim Civilisation!!''
A lot of it did, but they in turn got it from the classical civilisations of Rome and Greece who got it from pretty much everywhere else.

cherryviper said:
No idea what she has done, think she is now with the engineers in Ripon, will ask her next time I speak to her.
I believe that she was in Osnabruck until fairly recently, must like life with the RE.
As pointed out earlier it is a non-operational award so it could be charidee work, turning a gash med centre into one that works, her work in closing down med facilities when the garrison shut up shop or indeed anything.

Well done, what ever it was.

cherryviper said:
apparently it is for work she done whilst out in Sierra Leone :)
You are indeed correct, The second one in as many years!! Lcpl Haworth recieving the same award last year..

all I got from Sierra Leone was Larium hallucinations and a lot of Gurkha curries.

Filbert Fox said:
all I got from Sierra Leone was Larium hallucinations and a lot of Gurkha curries.
You had to love the Larium hallucinations though..

The curries were interesting to say the least, Nice with a bottle of Star beer though..

Star beer, for when you cant get find a storm drain to drink out of! Not the drink of choice for this callsign. That brings back memories of Paddy's bar, rat on a stick and nightfighters knocking chunks out of each other.There was nothing quite like a night on the lash in Freetown after 2 weeks up in the sticks and the walk back to Hill Cott flats at early o'clock!

I still have the odd larium day where I cant remember feck all :x

Well it has been said that the honours system within the military sucks and the AMS are possibly one of the worst at nominating its own, most other ranks who get awards are usually nominated by a non-AMS unit that they have been attached to.

having had something to do with honours and awards on tours. I fully Agree with you FF, we seem to have more chance of putting attached personnel forward than our own. Maybe its a lack of confidence thing within our CoCs and lack of exposure to E2 posts.... Or maybe its just because we see people doing their job and take damn good achievements as them being better at their job.... What I mean is that we seem more likely to give an individual a better SJAR/OJAR than a nomination for an award!