BBC bias to senior medics?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by 1stgulfmac, Dec 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bloody typical..

bbc link

Hooray for higher up but what about a true medic...

Lance Cpl Angeline Patricia Matley, Royal Army Medical Corps.

Well done!

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Does anybody have a link to the story behind her award

3. No idea anyone out there know?

4. Could be for anything, they are non operational awards arent they?

5. No idea as I ain't on facething

6. If you do use a nickname for exactly this reason!

7. If you need further examples of ''BBC bias'',there's a programme on on Monday next about how much of our present day science and engineering,grew out of the ''Muslim Civilisation!!''

8. A lot of it did, but they in turn got it from the classical civilisations of Rome and Greece who got it from pretty much everywhere else.

9. No idea what she has done, think she is now with the engineers in Ripon, will ask her next time I speak to her.

10. Please do as she is the only non very senior in this years list

11. I believe that she was in Osnabruck until fairly recently, must like life with the RE.
    As pointed out earlier it is a non-operational award so it could be charidee work, turning a gash med centre into one that works, her work in closing down med facilities when the garrison shut up shop or indeed anything.

Well done, what ever it was.

12. apparently it is for work she done whilst out in Sierra Leone :)

13. You are indeed correct, The second one in as many years!! Lcpl Haworth recieving the same award last year..

14. all I got from Sierra Leone was Larium hallucinations and a lot of Gurkha curries.