BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Trying to remember the name of the farming programme I used to watch on ITV, Sunday lunchtimes in the 70's/80's. That was fairly comprehensive and totally focused on the farming industry.
Emmerdale Farm?

I feel kind of sorry for you, if i'm honest. you are a man of advancing age. Who routinely uses dehumanising, stereotyping language and whose posts reek of bitterness. The world has moved on from your limited viewpoint, and the TV, reflecting the zeitgeist (because, lets face it, that's what television does) offends you, and you are tilting against windmills because of that.

Good luck, don't forget to keep your door locked and bolted incase a liberal, with a social conscience (or other 'parasites' of 'their ilk') should try and infect you with *modern* (or even *reasonable*)

You buffoon.
TV is last century's zeitgeist, grandad.

Unintentional bias is still bias, just as unintentional racism is still racism. Oh that's not just my view, let's ask Sue Lawley, Alan Yentob, Mark Thompson, Roger Mosey and Helen Boden
We are biased, admit the stars of BBC News | Daily Mail Online
Mark Thompson: “There was massive left-wing bias at the BBC”
BBC dogged by liberal bias, former chief admits
BBC had 'deep liberal bias' over immigration, says former news chief

If The Guardian and New Statesman are reporting it, alongside The Telegraph and The Mail, it can't all be the right wing media that's looking a bit further.
Nobody is denying the bias, its the intent I am more interested in..... Does the BBC lie, distort the truth or crucially attack those it does not like?

The best place to see the intent, is its constant anti-trump message. They operate more subtly back home, but since brexit they seemed to have moved solidly in the same direction and I find it disgusting and illuminating the government tolerates a state broadcaster who can pick my pocket with the polices support and I can't stop them without ditching my tv.

I accept the BBC is biased, but how intentional can something be if the BBC, Government, Journalists and institutions in general support and agree with that agenda ?...

To prove intentional bias, you need to have a loser in this equation and be actively trying to undercut the other side of a story. The BBC is far too subtle in the news cycle to fall completely into that trap, though they sometimes use others to suggest bad behaviour in the case of their deeper enemies like trump, farage et al.

What they do is feed into the fictional universe a host of parables which frame a truth, then present your story and leave you to draw the expected conclusion.
You need your brains tested if you cannot see the BBC's incessant chipping away at conservative values.

I feel kind of sorry for you, if i'm honest. you are a man of advancing age. Who routinely uses dehumanising, stereotyping language and whose posts reek of bitterness. The world has moved on from your limited viewpoint, and the TV, reflecting the zeitgeist (because, lets face it, that's what television does) offends you, and you are tilting against windmills because of that.

Good luck, don't forget to keep your door locked and bolted incase a liberal, with a social conscience (or other 'parasites' of 'their ilk') should try and infect you with *modern* (or even *reasonable*)

You buffoon.
And here we go with the ad-hom because you hate to be wrong.

Diddums.

1wanker.gif

Nobody is denying the bias, its the intent I am more interested in..... Does the BBC lie, distort the truth or crucially attack those it does not like?

The best place to see the intent, is its constant anti-trump message. They operate more subtly back home, but since brexit they seemed to have moved solidly in the same direction and I find it disgusting and illuminating the government tolerates a state broadcaster who can pick my pocket with the polices support and I can't stop them without ditching my tv.
Yes.

Next.

Trying to remember the name of the farming programme I used to watch on ITV, Sunday lunchtimes in the 70's/80's. That was fairly comprehensive and totally focused on the farming industry.
Last of the summer wine... no wait... all creatures great and small.

I need some guidance.

This is headline News on the Beeb site:

'TV and radio presenter Nicki Chapman has been praised for speaking out about her recent brain tumour diagnosis and subsequent recovery from surgery.

The 52-year-old, who was found to have a tumour "the size of a golf ball" . . .
The Brain Tumour Charity said sharing the experience would help "end the isolation" of fellow sufferers.

Chief executive Sarah Lindsell said she was "grateful" Chapman had spoken out.

"Nicki's decision to share her experience will make a real difference in helping to end the isolation felt by so many people who are diagnosed with a brain tumour," she said. . . . '

Praise after TV star tells of brain tumour

Now, all I'm seeing here is 'Middle Aged Woman Has Serious Operation: Survives'.

Am I supposed to emote? #Isurvivedabraingrape ? Start up a GoFundMe page so she can get a decent syrup? Light a candle? Go and throw eggs at Jacob Rees-Mogg 'cos it's Tories and NHS and stuff?

Please advise.

I need some guidance.

This is headline News on the Beeb site:

'TV and radio presenter Nicki Chapman has been praised for speaking out about her recent brain tumour diagnosis and subsequent recovery from surgery.

The 52-year-old, who was found to have a tumour "the size of a golf ball" . . .
The Brain Tumour Charity said sharing the experience would help "end the isolation" of fellow sufferers.

Chief executive Sarah Lindsell said she was "grateful" Chapman had spoken out.

"Nicki's decision to share her experience will make a real difference in helping to end the isolation felt by so many people who are diagnosed with a brain tumour," she said. . . . '

Praise after TV star tells of brain tumour

Now, all I'm seeing here is 'Middle Aged Woman Has Serious Operation: Survives'.

Am I supposed to emote? #Isurvivedabraingrape ? Start up a GoFundMe page so she can get a decent syrup? Light a candle? Go and throw eggs at Jacob Rees-Mogg 'cos it's Tories and NHS and stuff?

Please advise.
If you were looking for meaning or motive, you clearly haven't found it so be at peace and be happy for the lady.

:meditate:

I think it might have been 'Farming Diary' on Anglia TV with Dick Joice.
Do the following clips ring any bells?

East Anglian Film Archive: Farming Diary: Farming the Marshes, 1961
East Anglian Film Archive: Farming Diary: Old Farming Implements Production Footage, 1961

Sadly, the sound seems to be 'off' in the first clip featuring Joice.

Last edited: