BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

It seems to be saying, to Remain the same, vote for Change.
Not a clear message.
Rubbish PR/branding.
Pretty much the only good news at present is seeing these Change idiots about to be wiped out in the election.
Bloody Anna Soubry started squealing like a stuck pig on the morning after the referendum, and she’s not stopped since. It’ll be a relief to see her sink back into the obscurity she is so fitted for.

If a block of Labour/Tory MPs joined the new Brexit party would the media demand by elections ?
Equally likely and relevant:

If the moon and the sun had a fight, what would the effect be on the Severn Bore?

If a block of Labour/Tory MPs joined the new Brexit party would the media demand by elections ?
Yes. Because the story would be driven by the fuss kicked up by the vocal Remainers (that’s all of them :) ) in the affected constituencies.

Of course in such an instance the by-election angle would be a minor aspect of a huge story.

Did anyone catch Countryfile.. the program seemed to be 80% about ex townie back to nature ladies pottering about growing weeds for the local geriatric hippy community. Lots of "let us let productive land go back to nature" guff and precious little about what actually goes on in the countryside..!

Even the tame farmer Henson seems more preoccupied with rare breeds. Why can't the program have an "ordinary" tame farmer...?

So did we get any serious reaction or comment to the cancelling of general licences to kill pest species.. oh no, nothing to see here...!

Yes. Because the story would be driven by the fuss kicked up by the vocal Remainers (that’s all of them :) ) in the affected constituencies.

Of course in such an instance the by-election angle would be a minor aspect of a huge story.
Exactly.. The Media act differently to different groups and fail to apply a rigorous standard to all. The media are entirely fickle and choosy about who they go after and who they give a pass to... The BBC more or less admitted their hiring process takes in an inordinate number of people who don't think like the majority and skate over the repetitive nature of the bias that is constantly on display.

Did anyone catch Countryfile.. the program seemed to be 80% about ex townie back to nature ladies pottering about growing weeds for the local geriatric hippy community. Lots of "let us let productive land go back to nature" guff and precious little about what actually goes on in the countryside..!

Even the tame farmer Henson seems more preoccupied with rare breeds. Why can't the program have an "ordinary" tame farmer...?

So did we get any serious reaction or comment to the cancelling of general licences to kill pest species.. oh no, nothing to see here...!
You seem to be under the misapprehension that Countryfile is concerned with agriculture, as it used to be decades ago. As far as I can see in the short time between it appearing on my screen and me finding the remote, it has nothing to do with all those rude mechanicals actually working on the land and is all about fluffy bunnies, organically sourced and sustainable bull excrement, and vegan tofu knitting of climate change banners.

To a lesser extent the same is also true of Radio 4's Farming Today, which I have the misfortune to be awake for 15 minutes of (early rise to get to work, and my SOP is to slap the radio on as I brew my coffee and tie my shoelaces) before the Today Programme kicks off. It's all about earnest types stopping evil farmers doing BAD THINGS (badger culls, using tractors, using fertiliser, using insecticides, not supporting the mediaeval ecosystem that some mung bean chewer seems to feel is what we really need, and so on). Very little about actual farming needs, mostly special interest environmentalists riding ethically reared hobbyhorses across the sunlit airwave uplands of cloud cuckoo land.

.....and rest. That feels better.

It has been the outdoor version of the One Show for some time now. With the honourable exception of farmer Adam, it is full of identikit modern presenters, with very little knowledge or affinity to farming or the countryside. Such a shame, as it used to be an excellent way to pass an hour on Sunday afternoon.
We still buy the calendar though!

It has been the outdoor version of the One Show for some time now. With the honourable exception of farmer Adam, it is full of identikit modern presenters, with very little knowledge or affinity to farming or the countryside. Such a shame, as it used to be an excellent way to pass an hour on Sunday afternoon.
We still buy the calendar though!
At first glance it appears to be part of an orchestrated campaign to change everyone into mini-me ex graduates, who are right on progressive, with a penchant for climbing mt Kilimanjaro and finding themselves in a sunny place as far away from the UK as they can get. Whilst still porting around all the tech in their bags.

The truth is, much of this bias is entirely unintentional. If the BBC was ran by a load of ex squaddies then the content would be similarly unrepresentative.

<snip>

The truth is, much of this bias is entirely unintentional. If the BBC was ran by a load of ex squaddies then the content would be similarly unrepresentative.
Maybe, but at least the content would have some decent banter and witty repartee in it without all of the woke, SJW aggrandising, which is the BBC's current content. Banter Broadcasting Corporation anyone?

Maybe, but at least the content would have some decent banter and witty repartee in it without all of the woke, SJW aggrandising, which is the BBC's current content. Banter Broadcasting Corporation anyone?
And breasts, don’t forget the breasts! The Breast Broadcasting Corporation.

It will be interesting to see the BBC News Watch programme on BBC 1 on Saturday morning. Will the Marr/Farage "interview" be allowed to feature? If it is, will criticism of Marr's poor handling of it be allowed?