BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Indeed, in my message box this am, was a stern warning from a mod, in my defence I had clean forgotten this was in the "current affairs" thread and after seeing the horrific/scary monobrowed creature, I couldn't help thinking about what her bush was like, apparently it has now been deleted.
I read it and was suddenly humming Tina Turners "Nut Bush City Limits"

Moving swiftly on, why is it that presenters on BBC Radio 4's 'The Today Programme' this morning were referring to people trying to get from South to North America across the Mexican/Murcan border as 'illegal immigrants' whilst referring to those trying to get from all points south to the UK across the English Channel as 'migrants'?

OZ
I'm sure the presenters will have been booked in to the next available liberal agenda awareness course to correct the error of their thoughts & words.

Moving swiftly on, why is it that presenters on BBC Radio 4's 'The Today Programme' this morning were referring to people trying to get from South to North America across the Mexican/Murcan border as 'illegal immigrants' whilst referring to those trying to get from all points south to the UK across the English Channel as 'migrants'?

OZ
Because 'Doctors, teachers and engineers' is too much of a mouthful?

OZ
At the end of some 'illegal immigrant/migrant' stories the BBC adds this;

A note on terminology: The BBC uses the term migrant to refer to all people on the move who have yet to complete the legal process of claiming asylum. This group includes people fleeing war-torn countries such as Syria, who are likely to be granted refugee status, as well as people who are seeking jobs and better lives, who governments are likely to rule are economic migrants.

O Zangado

War Hero
At the end of some 'illegal immigrant/migrant' stories the BBC adds this;

A note on terminology: The BBC uses the term migrant to refer to all people on the move who have yet to complete the legal process of claiming asylum. This group includes people fleeing war-torn countries such as Syria, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Holland, France, Belgium and fekkin' Luxembourg who are likely to be granted refugee status, as well as people who are seeking jobs and better lives, who governments are likely to rule are economic migrants.
Fixed that for you. No charge, but a beer would be nice. :salut:

OZ

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Yesterday, Radio 4 news headlines at 6 a.m: "Land Rover are moving to Slovakia: sales in China are down, fall in diesel purchases".
By 7 a.m - the above, plus.....Brexit.
Of course.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Indeed, in my message box this am, was a stern warning from a mod, in my defence I had clean forgotten this was in the "current affairs" thread and after seeing the horrific/scary monobrowed creature, I couldn't help thinking about what her bush was like, apparently it has now been deleted.
But not before the photo was sent via the bush telegraph.

Wooden Wonder

War Hero
Ha! Carrie Gracie on BBC News HD has just called the Foreign Secretary ‘Jeremy *unt’

I had to rewind to double-check, and yes, she really did!

Offa

War Hero
Yesterday, Radio 4 news headlines at 6 a.m: "Land Rover are moving to Slovakia: sales in China are down, fall in diesel purchases".
By 7 a.m - the above, plus.....Brexit.
Of course.
Landrover deal had been agreed before referendum, because Slovakia allowed by EU rules to bribe JaguarLandRover with £110 M state aid, which UK could do nothing about. Sales in China are down because of their slowing economy, affecting all exporters incl. Germany and fall in diesel prices is because of confusion caused by encouragement from Blair's government to buy diesel "for sake of environment". So none of the above brought about by Brexit, despite the BBC.

Last edited:
God's tits! The wireless is close to being punted down the garden: the walking coffin dodger that is St Vanessa of Redgrave is holding forth on Jeremy Vine, having just drawn a parallel between the current illegal migrant (for that is what they are) problem and Kristellnacht.

So awed is JV with being in the presence of this one-time doyen of the Workers (sic) Revolutionary Party, that she is allowed to trot out such stream of conscience tripe without challenge.

Offa

War Hero
BBC2 Politics Live, just now, reports on a national shortage of toilet paper with dire results because we import our paper from EU. However, this does provide an opportunity to make good use of Radio Times.

God's tits! The wireless is close to being punted down the garden: the walking coffin dodger that is St Vanessa of Redgrave is holding forth on Jeremy Vine, having just drawn a parallel between the current illegal migrant (for that is what they are) problem and Kristellnacht.

So awed is JV with being in the presence of this one-time doyen of the Workers (sic) Revolutionary Party, that she is allowed to trot out such stream of conscience tripe without challenge.
She was on some years ago,whining about a bunch of travellers being badly treated.A caller comes on and says something like"if your so concerned about where they live,why not buy them a big field.You can afford it".Answer swerved,"its not that simple" etc.

BBC2 Politics Live, just now, reports on a national shortage of toilet paper with dire results because we import our paper from EU. However, this does provide an opportunity to make good use of Radio Times.
The "paper" comes from Finland. It is actually Finnish wood and the paper itself is made at mills in the UK. When the Finnish dockers went on strike a few years ago my company's suppliers had to source the wood from Peru of all places, and at very short notice. The increase in costs for us was negligible, being caused by the short notice element and having to temporarily remove the FSC logo from our policy booklets and envelopes as our source was no longer classed as "sustainable". The Peruvian wood was actually cheaper than the Finnish stuff.

Latest Threads