BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

The story linked to below is a good example of the BBC highlighting a story; of it appearing to give both sides of the argument, but of the decision to run the story, despite the police misconduct hearing upholding the officers' conduct, itself indicating a sympathy both with the woman concerned, and with the issue she was challenging (stop and search). In addition, the feature names police officers directly involved in the incident who, because of their status, are not able to respond to the allegations made in the feature.

'Degrading strip search left me with PTSD'
"Dr" Duff (she has a doctorate in piano-studies or some such shite) strikes me as one of the very worst kind of mouthy, self-righteous, pompous, interfering, pig-ignorant SJW windbags that the average copper encounters on a depressingly frequent basis nowadays.

Exhibit A:
"Dr Duff saw officers surround a 15-year-old boy and said she decided to observe.
She then spoke to him and tried to give him a card with some legal advice on, but said police physically stopped her from doing so by grabbing her arm and blocking her way.
They then arrested her on suspicion of obstruction and assaulting a police officer.
The boy was found to have a knife, which Dr Duff had not been aware of when she intervened."

I rest my case M'lud.

I hope she gets her Judicial Review and that they tell her to go and f*ck herself. Unlikely in certain respects I know, but we can only dream can't we?

"Dr" Duff (she has a doctorate in piano-studies or some such shite) strikes me as one of the very worst kind of mouthy, self-righteous, pompous, interfering, pig-ignorant SJW windbags that the average copper encounters on a depressingly frequent basis nowadays.

Exhibit A:
"Dr Duff saw officers surround a 15-year-old boy and said she decided to observe.
She then spoke to him and tried to give him a card with some legal advice on, but said police physically stopped her from doing so by grabbing her arm and blocking her way.
They then arrested her on suspicion of obstruction and assaulting a police officer.
The boy was found to have a knife, which Dr Duff had not been aware of when she intervened."

I rest my case M'lud.

I hope she gets her Judicial Review and that they tell her to go and f*ck herself. Unlikely in certain respects I know, but we can only dream can't we?
No Duff?

Exhibit A:

I rest my case M'lud.

Here are a few things the BBC edited out, no doubt due to a lack of space.

Dr Duff has a PhD in philosophy yet lists her areas of study as "Feminism, queer theory and critical race theory". She teaches a course called "Gender, Justice & Society" to undergraduates and "Social & Political Philosophy" to postgraduates.

After her arrest, her legs were restrained. The police will only do this when detaining someone who is quite literally kicking off.

Her PTSD appears to be entirely self diagnosed. How is she able to work if she has PTSD?

They cut her clothes off. I wasn't there but I'd hazard a guess that she was asked to remove her own clothes and piercings. It would be interesting to know what her response was.

WTF was she doing walking round the Wilton Estate in Hackney at night with a pocket full of stop and search legal advice cards?

She said she decided to act in the spirit of "passive resistance", and went limp rather than walking to the police van willingly. = when the police wouldn't do what she wanted, she threw a tantrum like a kid in a shop when mum wont buy any sweets.

The BBC include a stock photo of somebody apparently begging while in handcuffs.

Here's a photo of a copper restraining a fat bloke. It has nothing to do with Dr Duff either.

Digging a little deeper possibly exposes the root of Dr Duff's issues with the police. In 2014, when she was plain old Miss Duff, she got a three month conditional discharge after being convicted of criminal damage. She had chalked graffiti onto a wall at London University while supporting a strike by cleaners. She may have been a PhD candidate at the time but making a mess in support of cleaners does show little appreciation for the concept of irony. The joke was on her when she was told to pay 800 quid for repairs if she wished to graduate.

Worst of all, she has hairy armpits and she wants people to know. I bet she's completely heterosexual but has sex with lesbians as an act of political solidarity.

Typically entitled public school & Cambridge Uni tw@t whose sense of superiority makes her think that her intellect can defeat several blokes with truncheons, handcuffs and CS gas. Now off to judicial review, no doubt on Legal Aid, because she can't accept the possibility that she is wrong. How I would have laughed if the young lad with the knife had stabbed her as she was handing him a get out of jail free card.

Do I think it's the Brexit Broadcast Corporation as some do? Nope, its an organisation subject to tremendous political pressure from all sides, it gets it wrong sometime, it has some fairly left and right wing producers. It is is what it is.

Those who attack it constantly should be careful what they wish for.
@Herr Flick If you disagree with this does that mean you do believe it's the Brexit Broadcast Corporation?

Or are you just mindlessly mashing buttons again?

Aren't we all , old enough to have worked & paid tax our whole lives, old enough to have seen what the tsunami of incomers coming here over the last couple of decades to grab with both hands, often without working or paying a penny into the pot, what we have paid for all our lives and as a result stretched our NHS, education & housing stock along with the rest of our infrastructure, to breaking point!
Where we,, whose forebears fought and won against tyranny twice in the last hundred years and often who were ready to stand against yet another tyranny until the Wall came down in the late '90's, are the evil, stupid & racist bigots who must be ignored for daring to question the folly of successive govts. who have brought this state of affairs on us :-(
.....and there you have fallen right into the millennial trap. Don't you see? It was those generations you speak of that created those situations and only have themselves to blame, whereas this latest generation is the generation fighting for milk, honey, rainbows and unicorns rides for all.....as long as some one else pays.

Dr Duff has a PhD in philosophy yet lists her areas of study as "Feminism, queer theory and critical race theory". She teaches a course called "Gender, Justice & Society" to undergraduates and "Social & Political Philosophy" to postgraduates.

After her arrest, her legs were restrained. The police will only do this when detaining someone who is quite literally kicking off.

Her PTSD appears to be entirely self diagnosed. How is she able to work if she has PTSD?

They cut her clothes off. I wasn't there but I'd hazard a guess that she was asked to remove her own clothes and piercings. It would be interesting to know what her response was.

WTF was she doing walking round the Wilton Estate in Hackney at night with a pocket full of stop and search legal advice cards?

She said she decided to act in the spirit of "passive resistance", and went limp rather than walking to the police van willingly. = when the police wouldn't do what she wanted, she threw a tantrum like a kid in a shop when mum wont buy any sweets.

The BBC include a stock photo of somebody apparently begging while in handcuffs.

Here's a photo of a copper restraining a fat bloke. It has nothing to do with Dr Duff either.

Digging a little deeper possibly exposes the root of Dr Duff's issues with the police. In 2014, when she was plain old Miss Duff, she got a three month conditional discharge after being convicted of criminal damage. She had chalked graffiti onto a wall at London University while supporting a strike by cleaners. She may have been a PhD candidate at the time but making a mess in support of cleaners does show little appreciation for the concept of irony. The joke was on her when she was told to pay 800 quid for repairs if she wished to graduate.

Worst of all, she has hairy armpits and she wants people to know. I bet she's completely heterosexual but has sex with lesbians as an act of political solidarity.

Typically entitled public school & Cambridge Uni tw@t whose sense of superiority makes her think that her intellect can defeat several blokes with truncheons, handcuffs and CS gas. Now off to judicial review, no doubt on Legal Aid, because she can't accept the possibility that she is wrong. How I would have laughed if the young lad with the knife had stabbed her as she was handing him a get out of jail free card.
Excellent research @Ancient_Mariner .

The question (for me) is who does she know at the BBC who thought her story about, on the face of it, a complaint about police conduct which the (not particularly loyal to officers) police misconduct hearing had considered and rejected?

On the plus side, for her, she's made the incident a focus for her academic career. She's an anti-police professional:

1540321680484.png

Apart from that,quite a good looking girl.

@Herr Flick If you disagree with this does that mean you do believe it's the Brexit Broadcast Corporation?

Or are you just mindlessly mashing buttons again?
@Herr Flick automash it is then flicky, you haven't got a Scoobie have you?

Not the BBC, but ITV. Robert Moore's breathtakingly anti-Trump report tonight. In short, he very strongly implied that The Donald is to blame for today's mailbombs, not once, but twice.

He's a shoe-in for the BBC if he ever decides to jump ship.

Not the BBC, but ITV. Robert Moore's breathtakingly anti-Trump report tonight. In short, he very strongly implied that The Donald is to blame for today's mailbombs, not once, but twice.
He's a shoe-in for the BBC if he ever decides to jump ship.
And in a bizarre story line,Sunday's "Doctor Who" involved a very unpleasant character.An American with world wide business interests and a chain of hotels.Very unpleasant to the women around him.Saved himself by sacrificing his bodyguard.The clincher, the guy was looking to run for PotUS in 2020.
Remind you of anyone?

And in a bizarre story line,Sunday's "Doctor Who" involved a very unpleasant character.An American with world wide business interests and a chain of hotels.Very unpleasant to the women around him.Saved himself by sacrificing his bodyguard.The clincher, the guy was looking to run for PotUS in 2020.
Remind you of anyone?
And they still have the brass neck to claim to be impartial.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't think people can get a job with the Beeb unless their left leg is shorter than their right one.

BBC news this evening. John Sopel at the scene of the Synagogue shooting, reporting on the President's visit. Quote:

'Many in the community support the president's visit, but not (insert name of Jewish anti-Trump group)'

Cue interview with the group the BBC found to criticise Trump. Then Sopel has a passionate 'here we are again, another massacre' piece to camera. Well, they aren’t a defining feature of Trump's presidency any more than they were that of Bush or Obama. And the angst is from a UK perspective and doesn't reflect the breadth of support in the US for the right to bear arms.

Trump can't do right for doing wrong, in the BBC's eyes.

The way sky news reported on the synagogue shooting, you would imagine it was Trump himself who was caught with the smoking guns in the synagogue. Its all Trump's fault.

Of course nothing like this happened in Obama's day, and if Hilary was President the guns would be left in their cabinets.....

Interesting piece on BBC News this morning on the effect of Brexit on the British Horse Racing industry.

Mostly doom and gloom as usual about shortage of staff and free movement of horses and personnel. Tacked on at the very end a comment by one contributor about his wish that the tripartite agreement, that predates the EU, carries on. It would have been nice to have some information on what that entailed.

Whatever the item is, you can usually discern the correct/BBC way of thinking. Not by watching the article journalist as much as when they go to the vox section and have interviews with ordinary people.

Usually one group is reasonable and generally younger. The other, is usually confused, or carefully selected to give the impression of an underlying reason, for there opposition or support for something, which is unpleasant and as such invalidates there view.

The BBC is impartial, but it has a subtext which leads you by design towards certain conclusions.

Interesting piece on BBC News this morning on the effect of Brexit on the British Horse Racing industry.

Mostly doom and gloom as usual about shortage of staff and free movement of horses and personnel. Tacked on at the very end a comment by one contributor about his wish that the tripartite agreement, that predates the EU, carries on. It would have been nice to have some information on what that entailed.

Horse racing seemed to thrive well before the whole Common Market/EEC/EU fandango entered our lives...so what's their problem?

Horse racing seemed to thrive well before the whole Common Market/EEC/EU fandango entered our lives...so what's their problem?
That's what the final contributor was saying but the same guy wasn't interviewed the second time they went to the OB from Newmarket.

It wasn't hard to find.
https://www.britishhorseracing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/TPA-Briefing.pdf

I can't see anything there that couldn't be carried on as long as the Irish and French Governments agree to it.