BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Marchers call for 'people's vote' on Brexit

An interesting read. The gushing, pro - march tone of the article balanced only by a quote from Nigel Farage. No mention of what other news sources reported as the number of non-British present. No surprise but, hey, people of many shades of opinion work at the BBC. That their different views on Brexit never get to print / camera is just bad luck.

And then there is this:

Witches cast spell on Brett Kavanaugh

repoting that 'witches' have placed a 'hex' on the new US Supreme Court Judge. Is this even f****** news? Is the BBC so obsessed by Trump that it will report ANY anti-Trump story?

We are witnessing the, very sad, decline of the BBC's news service.

Last edited:
Marchers call for 'people's vote' on Brexit

An interesting read. The gushing, pro - march tone of the article balanced only by a quote from Nigel Farage. No mention of what other news sources reported as the number of non-British present. No surprise but, hey, people of many shades of opinion work at the BBC. That their different views on Brexit never get to print / camera is just bad luck.

And then there is this:

Witches cast spell on Brett Kavanaugh

repoting that 'witches' have placed a 'hex' on the new US Supreme Court Judge. Is this even f****** news? Is the BBC so obsessed by Trump that it will report ANY anti-Trump story?

We are witnessing the, very sad, decline of the BBC's news service.
Saw that on my BBC News app list and I have to admit, I wondered if it had been a slow news day. Seeing a few of these pointless filler articles appearing nowadays.

As an aside, with regards to BBC and bias..... anything involving Laura Kuenssberg tends to annoy me greatly.

As an aside, with regards to BBC and bias..... anything involving Laura Kuenssberg tends to annoy me greatly.
Me too. She's like the Hermione Granger of politics, except less well-read.

Another face palm moment this morning watching BBC breakfast as they seem to be trying to equate the Ryanair flight incident with Rosa Parks’ seminal bus moment, the presenters asking whether more people should have done something.
Watching the video, the guy doing the insulting comes across as potentially being “special” with one guy sat behind him already trying to have a quiet word. Moreover, dealing with incidents like this is the remit of the cabin crew. Perhaps they could have handled it better but what do the beeb want people to do? Form a posse? Perform a citizens arrest?
Short of helping the cabin crew overcome a potential terrorist or violent nutter, kicking off on a plane is likely to have consequences and not good ones.
It’s the wider narrative and latent suggestion that more people didn’t intervene because the woman was black that pisses me off.

Last edited:
Another face palm moment this morning watching BBC breakfast as they seem to be trying to equate the Ryanair flight incident with Rosa Parks’ seminal bus moment, the presenters asking whether more people should have done something.
Watching the video, the guy doing the insulting comes across as potentially being “special” with one guy sat behind him already trying to have a quiet word. Moreover, dealing with incidents like this is the remit ofthe cabin crew. Perhaps they could have handled it better but what do the beeb want people to do? Form a posse? Perform a citizens arrest?
Short of helping the cabin crew overcome a potential terrorist or violent nutter, kicking off on a plane is likely to have consequences and not good ones.
It’s the wider narrative and latent suggestion that more people didn’t intervene because the woman was black that pisses me off.
For a lot of yesterday, the BBC was pushing that as a national headline, on a par with Brexit. It can't have been pleasant for the woman but doubtless hundreds of verbal incidents happen each day in the UK, which don't appear to involve race, without such a drama being made of them.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Once somebody hunkers down in an aircraft passenger seat, especially on a ram-em-in budget airline, then it is very difficult to get them out. The flight crew moved the woman which basically is all they can do. I doubt that particular passenger will fly Ryanair again.

Once somebody hunkers down in an aircraft passenger seat, especially on a ram-em-in budget airline, then it is very difficult to get them out. The flight crew moved the woman which basically is all they can do. I doubt that particular passenger will fly Ryanair again.
There was a former cabin crew member on the same report I mentioned earlier who stated that other passengers trying to get involved in a situation like that would not have been helpful, still that didn’t stop the skewed narrative being pedalled.

Watching the video, the guy doing the insulting comes across as potentially being “special” with one guy sat behind him already trying to have a quiet word. Moreover, dealing with incidents like this is the remit of the cabin crew. Perhaps they could have handled it better but what do the beeb want people to do? Form a posse? Perform a citizens arrest?
What grips me is that all these incidents only reach the mainstream media because of the prevelance of smart phone cameras and the willingness of many to whip out their phones and record any situation and then share it with their friends, without a thought to common decency or the privacy of those involved. The most shocking recent example for me was the stabbing of PC Palmer at Westminster - in some of the still shots, a number of people can be seen off to the flank, with their mobiles ‘deployed’. Twats to a man (and woman).

Did I hear correctly today, that Dr Who travelled in time and experienced the Rosa Parks bus incident? Nothing wrong with that as an isolated subject, but it isn't, and since when was the good doctor a SJW? For me, that is just crass use of a popular fiction show as propaganda. Pretty poor.

The story linked to below is a good example of the BBC highlighting a story; of it appearing to give both sides of the argument, but of the decision to run the story, despite the police misconduct hearing upholding the officers' conduct, itself indicating a sympathy both with the woman concerned, and with the issue she was challenging (stop and search). In addition, the feature names police officers directly involved in the incident who, because of their status, are not able to respond to the allegations made in the feature.

'Degrading strip search left me with PTSD'

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
The story linked to below is a good example of the BBC highlighting a story; of it appearing to give both sides of the argument, but of the decision to run the story, despite the police misconduct hearing upholding the officers' conduct, itself indicating a sympathy both with the woman concerned, and with the issue she was challenging (stop and search). In addition, the feature names police officers directly involved in the incident who, because of their status, are not able to respond to the allegations made in the feature.

It sounds more as if she was displeased at not being able to get her own way and therefore decided to complain.

On the subject of RyanAir incident, one report I read stated the police are doing nothing as it occurred whilst the plane was in Spain - outside of their jurisdiction. This counters the victim's argument that if they had been kicking off as an IC2 the police would definitely have taken action.

On the subject of the BBC themselves, I'm sure I heard it on one of their R4 fact-checking programmes. Can't remember the title. The upshot was, they looked at the amount of jokes told by comedians about the tories, and then the amount told about the lefties. The latter was (unsurprisingly) far outweighed by the former. Iirc the response was that the sitting government attracts more than the opposition - a likely excuse.

Probably because (I'm told that) I'm old, stupid and racist.

Aren't we all , old enough to have worked & paid tax our whole lives, old enough to have seen what the tsunami of incomers coming here over the last couple of decades to grab with both hands, often without working or paying a penny into the pot, what we have paid for all our lives and as a result stretched our NHS, education & housing stock along with the rest of our infrastructure, to breaking point!
Where we,, whose forebears fought and won against tyranny twice in the last hundred years and often who were ready to stand against yet another tyranny until the Wall came down in the late '90's, are the evil, stupid & racist bigots who must be ignored for daring to question the folly of successive govts. who have brought this state of affairs on us :-(

Maybe the Police acted in extremis, maybe they didn't.... however, the chap they were doing the "Stop and Search" on actually had a knife, which she was unaware of and, for me, that makes her interfering all the more reckless.

Maybe the Police acted in extremis, maybe they didn't.... however, the chap they were doing the "Stop and Search" on actually had a knife, which she was unaware of and, for me, that makes her interfering all the more reckless.
Agreed. And she mentions 'passive resistance', which is her positive spin for obstructing the police. I would like to see a video of the incident to see whether her 'offer of an advice card' was a polite offer or a 'get off him you Fascist scum' type of offer.

Aren't we all , old enough to have worked & paid tax our whole lives, old enough to have seen what the tsunami of incomers coming here over the last couple of decades to grab with both hands, often without working or paying a penny into the pot, what we have paid for all our lives and as a result stretched our NHS, education & housing stock along with the rest of our infrastructure, to breaking point!
Where we,, whose forebears fought and won against tyranny twice in the last hundred years and often who were ready to stand against yet another tyranny until the Wall came down in the late '90's, are the evil, stupid & racist bigots who must be ignored for daring to question the folly of successive govts. who have brought this state of affairs on us :-(
Convieniently forgetting our own home-gown lazy onanists.

Agreed. And she mentions 'passive resistance', which is her positive spin for obstructing the police. I would like to see a video of the incident to see whether her 'offer of an advice card' was a polite offer or a 'get off him you Fascist scum' type of offer.
I have no issues with the handing him the card thing, though I question why someone would have one/some on them at all times. However, my issue is more with interfering with the Police doing their duties and if he had panicked and pulled the weapon they apparently found on him (according to the article). Or if he'd had a firearm etc etc.

Just seems somewhat reckless to me. Though, if the treatment she recieved and the photographed injuries are as she has described, the Police were somewhat excessive. Again though, passive resistance involving "going full on floppy todger" is surely going to cause bruising. Maybe a better type of passive resistance is to just object to the treatment and do as you are told.