BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Strange stance to take: hate BBC, but won't watch channel which airs views you complain BBC refuse to

Cutting off nose to spite face. Sky News Australia is FTA, on website and on youtube
Sky news uk is more biased than the BBC. And I vowed back in the 80s that the Murdochs would never see a penny of my money. There's no reason to change that, so I just get news from Reuters, Al Jazeera and the lovely folk of arrse.

Sky news uk is more biased than the BBC. And I vowed back in the 80s that the Murdochs would never see a penny of my money. There's no reason to change that, so I just get news from Reuters, Al Jazeera and the lovely folk of arrse.
Good luck with that.
Al Jaz tow the Emir of Qatar's line, especially when it comes to the Muslim Brotherhood. I have no time for them after what I witnessed when I worked for them.

Sky news uk is more biased than the BBC. And I vowed back in the 80s that the Murdochs would never see a penny of my money. There's no reason to change that,
You might actually have a point. I do remember about 3 weeks Maya someone from BLM was getting interviewed and she claimed the reason so many BAME were dying from Covid was down to "government racism" . At no point did the interviewer challenge here on this or any other point . She wouldn't have got such an easy ride from Andrew Neill

BTW I tend to get my news via Talk Radio

How many shops, telcos, pubs, restaurants, brands do you boycott because you don't like a current or former owner/CEO?

Must limit your choice immensely

Did Al Jizzre neglect to tell you Sky News UK is owned by Comcast?

As I said: 'Cutting off nose to spite face' - imo you ought to remove "Grownup" from profile

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Good luck with that.
Al Jaz tow the Emir of Qatar's line, especially when it comes to the Muslim Brotherhood. I have no time for them after what I witnessed when I worked for them.
So long as you bear that in mind, it's infinitely better than the BBC to watch / consume their output. We see reports on world news and events without being told what to think, and without unchallenged 'interviews ' with 'victims'. We see news reported without the constant sniping and denigration of the Government, and news of events like floods, disasters and shootings reported, rather than ignored as they don't fit the BBC Agenda.

Bet they would also have checked that NHS manager/Burberry story too.

Sorry Bigeye, I love your posts, but the BBC is not doing its job properly at present, despite it paying your wages in part. I have listened to it and trusted it from locations all over the world for more than half a century and am bitterly disappointed.

mobutuism

Now you’re just making words up. :)
The word relates to the infamous former leader of the congo/zaire, who ran a campaign to turn everything in his country authentically african and remove all colonial symbols including european clothing...

The point was post-colonial guilt has expanded to one where the many black people who've pitched up in europe, are been encouraged to go after colonial symbols to feel more at home.

So long as you bear that in mind, it's infinitely better than the BBC to watch / consume their output. We see reports on world news and events without being told what to think, and without unchallenged 'interviews ' with 'victims'. We see news reported without the constant sniping and denigration of the Government, and news of events like floods, disasters and shootings reported, rather than ignored as they don't fit the BBC Agenda.

Bet they would also have checked that NHS manager/Burberry story too.

Sorry Bigeye, I love your posts, but the BBC is not doing its job properly at present, despite it paying your wages in part. I have listened to it and trusted it from locations all over the world for more than half a century and am bitterly disappointed.
Good point.. The BBC is financed and supposed to be the absolute golden standard of quality, all anyone wanted is a trustworthy service and its content is emotive and deluded as the rest. On that basis, I might as well turn over to watch an emotive tone that I agree with.

Monuments are so last week, the BBC are coming after the Countryside chaps get out the side locks. Unbelievable, am I allowed to say I feel threatened in Brixton or Leicester am I bollox.
The BBC programme aired an episode last night in which Dwayne Fields, above, investigated a DEFRA report saying some ethnic groups felt the UK's national parks are a 'white environment'

Are we going down the Zimbabwe route ?

that ended well

Are we going down the Zimbabwe route ?

that ended well
The sixties is back and the youth is revolting and been encouraged to revolt by social media and its many allies in the mainstream media who grew up in the sixties. Except this time, its Soros rather than the russians financing it and the aim is to decolonise every western country..

Amidst the hot debate fronted by the BBC, nobody seems to consider the lessons of history which are revolution tends to destroy things, natural progression where institutions evolve is far more harmonious and if people stopped creating division then people find a way to live together without big brother.

The sixties is back and the youth is revolting and been encouraged to revolt by social media and its many allies in the mainstream media who grew up in the sixties. Except this time, its Soros rather than the russians financing it and the aim is to decolonise every western country..

Amidst the hot debate fronted by the BBC, nobody seems to consider the lessons of history which are revolution tends to destroy things, natural progression where institutions evolve is far more harmonious and if people stopped creating division then people find a way to live together without big brother.
Have you evidence for this, or just you know it because, well everyone does and it's true innit?

It's quite interesting this site.

This thread is a good point. There's a lot of 'BBC ignored this' and 'they weren't challenged over that' chatter, but when you read the usual @lokiuk et al 'Soros is behind it' rubbish, no one on here bats an eyelid.

Double standards?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I've given up on all things watched. Instead I read newspapers. And now listen to Times Radio.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Good point.. The BBC is financed and supposed to be the absolute golden standard of quality, all anyone wanted is a trustworthy service and its content is emotive and deluded as the rest. On that basis, I might as well turn over to watch an emotive tone that I agree with.
I don't necessarily agree with AJ's reporting, but at least their partiality is open not hidden behind a pretence of even-handedness

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Have you evidence for this, or just you know it because, well everyone does and it's true innit?

It's quite interesting this site.

This thread is a good point. There's a lot of 'BBC ignored this' and 'they weren't challenged over that' chatter, but when you read the usual @lokiuk et al 'Soros is behind it' rubbish, no one on here bats an eyelid.

Double standards?
Maybe we ignore the Soros references in the same way we ignore the wilder claims of Bugsy, rgjbloke, mattb, the Kremlin bots et al.

Some of us are grownups and there aren't enough hours in the day to argue with them all.

Switched on BBC Breakfast a few minutes ago. Sally Nugent interviewing a British Olympic swimmer who has had a mini swimming machine craned into his garden to train for next year.

Nugent asked him: "You are in a mixed-race marriage and are expecting a little boy later this year. How important to you is diversity in sport.........."

Switched off. What on earth is the relevance of the BBC's obsession with diversity?

Latest Threads