BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Cops on the ground brought the curfew forward is a problem why?? the crowd was warned, the crowd failed to take note of the warning, the crowd should try not kicking off
Cops don't get to decide curfew times. HTH

daz

LE
Cops don't get to decide curfew times. HTH
Cops need to deal with the situation on the ground at the time, to reiterate, the crowd was told to disperse, the crowd failed to comply, the crowd was then dispersed by Police action

Statement from United States Park Police acting Chief Gregory T. Monahan about the actions taken over the weekend to protect life and property
Date: June 2, 2020
The United States Park Police (USPP) is committed to the peaceful expression of First Amendment rights. However, this past weekend’s demonstrations at Lafayette Park and across the National Mall included activities that were not part of a peaceful protest, which resulted in injuries to USPP officers in the line of duty, the destruction of public property and the defacing of memorials and monuments. During four days of demonstrations, 51 members of the USPP were injured; of those, 11 were transported to the hospital and released and three were admitted.

Multiple agencies assisted the USPP in responding to and quelling the acts of destruction and violence over the course of the weekend in order to protect citizens and property.

On Monday, June 1, the USPP worked with the United States Secret Service to have temporary fencing installed inside Lafayette Park. At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids. The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.

To curtail the violence that was underway, the USPP, following established policy, issued three warnings over a loudspeaker to alert demonstrators on H Street to evacuate the area. Horse mounted patrol, Civil Disturbance Units and additional personnel were used to clear the area. As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls. No tear gas was used by USPP officers or other assisting law enforcement partners to close the area at Lafayette Park. Subsequently, the fence was installed.

Throughout the demonstrations, the USPP has not made any arrests. The USPP will always support peaceful assembly but cannot tolerate violence to citizens or officers or damage to our nation’s resources that we are entrusted to protect.
Violent potestors? They'll have evidence then? They'll have nicked them aye?

“Our CNN team we did not see anything like that,” Marquardt told Anderson Cooper, adding that what they saw was “an entirely peaceful protest.” He said that as Trump was speaking in the Rose Garden, park police began to clear H Street, as demonstrators were hit by projectiles and began to cough and choke.
NBC News’ Garrett Haake, who also was there, wrote on Twitter earlier Tuesday that “there was no object-throwing before the mounted park police moved in.”

Jonathan Allen, senior political analyst for NBCNews.com, also was there and wrote in an essay Tuesday that “no one was threatening the police. It was an entirely peaceful protest, the kind that occurs in Washington without incident, seemingly every day.”

Park Police Claim That Protesters Threw Projectiles At Lafayette Square Park, But Reporters Say They Saw Peaceful Demonstration

daz

LE
Violent potestors? They'll have evidence then? They'll have nicked them aye?

“Our CNN team we did not see anything like that,” Marquardt told Anderson Cooper, adding that what they saw was “an entirely peaceful protest.” He said that as Trump was speaking in the Rose Garden, park police began to clear H Street, as demonstrators were hit by projectiles and began to cough and choke.
NBC News’ Garrett Haake, who also was there, wrote on Twitter earlier Tuesday that “there was no object-throwing before the mounted park police moved in.”

Jonathan Allen, senior political analyst for NBCNews.com, also was there and wrote in an essay Tuesday that “no one was threatening the police. It was an entirely peaceful protest, the kind that occurs in Washington without incident, seemingly every day.”

Park Police Claim That Protesters Threw Projectiles At Lafayette Square Park, But Reporters Say They Saw Peaceful Demonstration
A bit like you and the reporter quoted earlier not hearing that the police ordering the crowd to disperse in the video you provided

BBC Breaking.........(not really, that's just me telling a little white BBC)

The murder of Floyd George worst case since the police killed Tony Timpa in a similar manner last August.
Tony Timpa death

Never heard of Tony Timpa? Never saw all the virtue signalling celebrities and politicians?

Me neither, he was a honkey.
Should read the Grauniad more often then eh?

1591298756426.png

Guido also hasn't failed a fact check, this caused quite the upset when I pointed it out a few days ago.
Where are those upset people? Apart from in your mind of course.

A bit like you and the reporter quoted earlier not hearing that the police ordering the crowd to disperse in the video you provided
US police not arresting people who were violent towards them? News reporters not filming violent episodes?
You're 'avin a laff.

daz

LE
US police not arresting people who were violent towards them? News reporters not filming violent episodes?
You're 'avin a laff.
Still got your deaf aid turned down I see, or are still struggling to understand the crowd was told to foxtrot oscar and refused to do so, as it's quite clear from the audio from the video in the Daily Mail that you provided that's what they did, the crowd failed to comply. Given previous events, it's not hard to understand why then the cops moved them on.
Previous events included torching the Church

Last edited:
Just heard on the bbc 10 o'clock news, the 4 police men involved in the death of George Floyd were all white. Excuse me, no.
One was east asian.

BBC misleading the public again

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

No BBC bias in this article,

Oh, no siree, perish the thought.

A little girl was leaning into a lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, all under the eyes of her screaming parents.

A biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch. Whimpering from the pain, the lion jumps back, letting go of the girl, and the biker brings the girl to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly.

A BBC reporter, Laura Kuenssberg, has watched the whole event.

Laura, addressing the Harley rider says, "Sir, this was the most gallant and bravest thing I've seen a man do in my whole life.”

The Harley rider replies, "Why, it was nothing, really. The lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt right.”

Miss Kuenssberg "Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a BBC journalist, you know, and tomorrow's news will run this story. So, what do you do for a living, and what political affiliation do you have?”

The biker replies "I'm a British Army veteran, a Conservative and I voted for Brexit”. The journalist leaves.

The following morning the biker turns on BBC News to see if it indeed brings news of his actions.

BBC Headline: RIGHT WING UK VETERAN ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT & STEALS HIS LUNCH.

And THAT pretty much sums up the BBC's approach to the news these days.

Huh, kid’s today!

The BBC Micro, I’ll have you know, was a fine machine, and far superior to the other commercial offerings of the day (with the possible exception of the Apple II, which was way too expensive for your average home user).

It was amazing what you could squeeze out of 16k of ram and it gave us the awesome game ‘Elite’, which was easily the best computer game of its day.

Of course, that was when the BBC felt education was a key part of its job, instead of now where lowest common denominator vacuous shite is the order of the day.

Because ‘ratings’, or something.

Interesting factoid, the BBC was developed by Acorn Computers, who became ARM Holdings and became one of the biggest companies in the UK no one had ever heard of.

Their RISC architecture chips are in the majority of the worlds mobile phones.
And the government allowed it to be sold off to the Chinese, I believe.

The FT has some excellent reporters on their team.The weekend lot do some very good work.
Agreed, the FT Weekend edition is always excellent. Sometimes, if unintentionally, funny when Simon Kuper has a stroppy whinge about bad orange man, or those racist scallywag brexiteers. I was amazed to find out that he's 50. I I always thought he was a schoolboy 6th former on work experience.

The BBC have just announced their new director general (that's an awfully colonial sounding title), one Timothy Davie. I wonder if his previous job (chief executive of BBC Studios, the commercial subsidiary that sells BBC and other British programmes abroad) is telling?

Latest Threads