BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

I am proud to say that I don't think I have a racist bone in my body.

However, and it may well be that others have noted this before my own coffee break post here, I cannot help thinking.

If black lives matter,

And Covid 19 has a bit of a thing for BAME,

Then how come all those folks felt it A Good Thing to gather in such numbers yesterday?

Is it me?
You racist, NAZI.

However, and it may well be that others have noted this before my own coffee break post here, I cannot help thinking.

If black lives matter,

Then how come all those folks felt it A Good Thing to gather in such numbers yesterday?

Is it me?
Woh there. Not so fast.

These are the new rules apparently;

Have you/will you get down on one knee in front of 'the oppressed'? If not, then you are assumed to be a racist.

Do you publicly speak out about racism? Because staying silent and saying nothing (not because you are trying to make a point with your silence, but because like me and the majority of the population, you really don't give a f*ck what colour someone is, and just want to get on with life, regardless of race, gender, abilities etc.) makes you worse than a racist.

We are at the point now where we have to act to prove we are not a racist, or we are assumed to be racist by default.

Some fluttering in the doocots north of the border.

'The BBC received over 4500 complaints after Scotland editor Sarah Smith said the First Minister “enjoyed” setting different lockdown rules to Westminsters.

'The live report broadcast on the News at Ten, is the most complained about item across the corporation’s TV and radio platforms this year according to our pro-independence sister paper The National. A total of 4541 complaints were lodged from viewers who said the comments were unduly biased against the First Minister. During the news report on May 18, Smith said it “has been obvious that Nicola Sturgeon has enjoyed the opportunity to set her own lockdown rules” rather than follow Boris Johnson’s lead. '

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

If black lives matter,

Is it me?
Look, you've got Diane Abbott accusing the NHS of institutional racism because of the incidence of Covid among BAME employees.

A short story: I'm from the northeast and can have a very broad accent at times - it usually creeps back in when I'm sat thinking.

I worked briefly as a press officer in the NHS. One day, someone several pay grades above me came to me and asked me to do something. I responded and he said, "I'm sorry C_C, I didn't understand what you just said."

I looked at him and replied, "You can't say things like that, it's regionalist."

Frankly, he shåt himself.

I grinned and said I was only joking - that I didn't even think regionalism existed. He stammered a response about it not being funny.

...that's the reality of an organisation that's 'institutionally racist'.

Now come back to these riots. I asked over on another thread last night, "What the hell has this to do with the UK? Moreover, why were people attacking the police over here?"

Let's quote Abbott again. She made some other vacuous pronouncement a few months back about how it was 'unfair' that police making an arrest always go mob-handed. One of the coppers on here explained it well: if he has to subdue someone on his own, he has to work hard at it. It could mean a fight, it could mean knocking the person unconscious, and he could come off second best. So, four coppers - one on each arm/leg. Safer for all concerned.

A mate of mine is a custody officer. He's also black. I was talking to him about this. He said that he and his team prefer five guys, not four - the fifth is used to control the head, either to stop butting, biting or self-harm (nutting the floor and claiming injury).

A problem for the police in this country, if anything, is that they have to give too much ground for the sake of 'good relations'.

Now, if we suddenly have a pike in Covid cases off the back of this loose excuse to virtue signal and kick off demonstration against human rights violations, is that because of racism or because some of these people are idiots?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Woh there. Not so fast.

These are the new rules apparently;

Have you/will you get down on one knee in front of 'the oppressed'? If not, then you are assumed to be a racist.

Do you publicly speak out about racism? Because staying silent and saying nothing (not because you are trying to make a point with your silence, but because like me and the majority of the population, you really don't give a f*ck what colour someone is, and just want to get on with life, regardless of race, gender, abilities etc.) makes you worse than a racist.

We are at the point now where we have to act to prove we are not a racist, or we are assumed to be racist by default.
Actually we are at the stage (hereafter known as the fücked up stage[FUS] ) where if you don't 'take a knee' you are racist and if you do you are racist! :rolleyes:

daz

LE
Actually we are at the stage (hereafter known as the fücked up stage[FUS] ) where if you don't 'take a knee' you are racist and if you do you are racist! :rolleyes:
communist dialectic comrade, anything else is impure thoughts and you must be re-educated

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Some fluttering in the doocots north of the border.

'The BBC received over 4500 complaints after Scotland editor Sarah Smith said the First Minister “enjoyed” setting different lockdown rules to Westminsters.

'The live report broadcast on the News at Ten, is the most complained about item across the corporation’s TV and radio platforms this year according to our pro-independence sister paper The National. A total of 4541 complaints were lodged from viewers who said the comments were unduly biased against the First Minister. During the news report on May 18, Smith said it “has been obvious that Nicola Sturgeon has enjoyed the opportunity to set her own lockdown rules” rather than follow Boris Johnson’s lead. '

doocot?

If black lives matter,

Is it me?
Don't forget singing/shouting/chanting means 2m is insufficient. One reason why church services are such an issue.

If Barry believed that black lives matter, he should have been telling them to disperse.

This was merely another outing for the Protesting Class.

W@nkers

Newsnight again. This time Guido has caught them comparing honest UK figures with dodgy figures from other European countries, to suggest UK and by implication the Tories have handled the Covid virus worse.

View attachment 479341

Newsnight's Fake News Graph Punishes Honesty - Guido Fawkes
According to the FT’s data guru, John Burn-Murdoch...

If we can accept that the FT is the amongst the least biased of all media outlets then perhaps there is some credibility to Te Guido piece

1591268482032.png

Latest Threads