BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Kuenssberg's lips are very erratic when shaping vowels. A trait often seen in conjunction with that 'mad glint' some women have in their eye.

I reckon her doing a few laps of the vowels with her lips would be legendary in certain situations.
Ah...like Kate Bush singing “Wow”... here Laura, put this in your mouth and say ‘ Kuala Lumpur’...

Ah...like Kate Bush singing “Wow”... here Laura, put this in your mouth and say ‘ Kuala Lumpur’...
Unbelievable!

Whilst a fan of the works of Ms Bush... I think Alan has the edge on this one.

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
The BBC it seems, agrees the licence fee is no longer fit for purpose. Probably because evasion is far greater than Capita’s ability to keep it to manageable levels.

In its place they favour a ‘broadband levy’. Almost impossible to evade for the majority of households and of course, an even greater income to fund its agenda at the expense of quality output.
Yes, this is what I was referring to.
I believe it's used in some European countries.
I hope it does not happen here.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yes, this is what I was referring to.
I believe it's used in some European countries.
I hope it does not happen here.
If it does I can see the likes of SKY, Virgin etc demanding a cut of that particular pie and the BBC may end up with a small portion of any tax levied on broadband.

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
If it does I can see the likes of SKY, Virgin etc demanding a cut of that particular pie and the BBC may end up with a small portion of any tax levied on broadband.
Well maybe.
But I would not make the mistake of confusing what I would like to happen, with what is likely to happen.

More insinuation and omission from the BBC. I am seeing a lot of English language coverage of events in the US, and the BBC is the most pro-protester coverage.
Screenshot_20200602-065849.png

Anyway, the President visited the Church because it had been vandalised the previous night. It was also a gesture, to show that the streets could be used. The Church is known as the Presidents' Church, so is significant. A lot of this is missing from the BBC coverage, which is literally 'Crowd tear-gassed to allow Trump to have photo Op'.
He's entitled to walk somewhere without the road being blocked.
These BBC 'live' feeds are full of casual anti-Trump remarks and the pretence of the BBC being neutral isn't even attempted.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
More insinuation and omission from the BBC. I am seeing a lot of English language coverage of events in the US, and the BBC is the most pro-protester coverage.
View attachment 478620
Anyway, the President visited the Church because it had been vandalised the previous night. It was also a gesture, to show that the streets could be used. The Church is known as the Presidents' Church, so is significant. A lot of this is missing from the BBC coverage, which is literally 'Crowd tear-gassed to allow Trump to have photo Op'.
These BBC 'live' feeds are full of casual anti-Trump remarks and the pretence of the BBC being neutral isn't even attempted.
Whilst in my opinion Trump is a bellend, what else do you expect from our glorious publicly funded broadcaster? I've mentioned it elswhere, for some time now my primary source of relatively untainted news is Reuters, although they do share some stuff with the BBC, it's easy to identify, just from the article titles.

Whilst in my opinion Trump is a bellend, what else do you expect from our glorious publicly funded broadcaster? I've mentioned it elswhere, for some time now my primary source of relatively untainted news is Reuters, although they do share some stuff with the BBC, it's easy to identify, just from the article titles.
In terms of the US situation, I've seen Australian and Canadian news broadcasts. They appear more level-headed and even-handed. One BBC headline this week was 'US Protesters demand Justice' - that's a loaded sentence. Looking at the BBC live feed from last night, this is an example of the sort of sly sh*t that made me post the screenshot:

1591080992199.png

Well, durr, no, it wouldn't. Don't make those comments, Beeb. We can work things out for ourselves.

These 'live' feeds: are they staffed by journalists? Who edits the content? Who is trying to bring balance to the coverage?

View attachment 478620
At the top of that image is a "foot/shoe" symbol.What does that signify?

Latest Threads