BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Interesting that the MSM staunchly focus on DC and yet JC situation ignored.

No wonder the view of media is at an all time low.

Oyibo

LE
Bob Fox (BBC World Service Correspondent) and Dave Norris (Daily Mail Correspondent) were also in Camilla Creek House at the time and were distinctly unamused.
Both of them moved forward with 2 Para and both were at the Goose Green surrender negotiations as neutral observers.
Curiously, Maggie in her memoirs attributed the blame to the MOD for leaking to the media. John Nott's memoirs hint that the No 10 briefing team were to blame for leaking.

Either way, bloody stupid of the BBC to report it.

Curiously, Maggie in her memoirs attributed the blame to the MOD for leaking to the media. John Nott's memoirs hint that the No 10 briefing team were to blame for leaking.

Either way, bloody stupid of the BBC to report it.
That’s right. It was a Lobby briefing.
My understanding is that the Lobby were briefed on events from the landing and that units were in the hills surrounding the beachhead and in overwatch of Lafonia where the Argentinians had troops.
My theory is the briefing ended with words to the effect of ‘be prepared for some big news tomorrow ‘.
The hacks then got their maps out and somebody, who’d probably been in the CCF (other units are available), figured out there might be something brewing IVO Darwin/Goose Green, spotted Camilla Creek as an obvious jumping off point, then, like a twwwaaaattt, broadcast it thinking he was being oh so fecking clever.
ETA: No 10 or MoD? Probably somebody from MoD was present at the Lobby briefing to give the military point of view as opposed to the purely political.

Campbell is a semi regular guest on Jeremy Vine's telly show. Every time he is on, he links (or tries to link) every debate to Brexit and what a disaster it is. He was on this morning, I lost count of how many times he managed to get Dominic Cummings into every discussion. JV is on holiday at the mo, and the stand in host (Storm Huntley) did actually pull him up a couple of times. He also kept going on about the Government's handling of the Apocalypse, especially regarding the NHS.
To be fair though, he did say he would donate his fee to charidee.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
His brother's medals and tie, he says. No excuse and still does not answer the question WTF?
Mr. GRB just read me Johnny Mercer's comments on that. Very well said, young sir!

Latest Threads