BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
T

As I've mentioned before it might be more than the pres and the editor that go. NN is pretty much under review and this won't help.
NN have also got into trouble for laying into Corbyn but it's not bias that will see them off
it's viewing figures.
so are they after the momentum mob viewing figures instead of the radio 4 listeners then?

courtney love walt.

has the woman never heard of underwires?

it’s not news. It’s opinion
There's more than a hint of Gotterdammerung about those c8nts: wrong in June 2016, Trumps landslide, Boris and his 80 seat majority.

Yet down in the bunker, they would fawn all over Jeremy, whose imaginary battalions of free broadband for all would free us of the virus, which is of course nothing to do with our fraternal brothers in the CCP.
Not forgetting that Diane has the figures to prove it.

I don't know whether to feel sorrow, pity or the need for a good kicking all round for them-either way , I f*cking object to paying for them on pain of gaol time.

Haha, the BBC can't report the news properly as they are coming out with stories like this:

Next they will be reviewing x-ray specs from the 1970's comic adverts. No wonder people are sick of paying for a BBC tax licence.

Oyibo

LE
Haha, the BBC can't report the news properly as they are coming out with stories like this:

Next they will be reviewing x-ray specs from the 1970's comic adverts. No wonder people are sick of paying for a BBC tax licence.
They must have seen the Arrse thread about it

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
On R4's Today Programe Matt Hancock is being harangued by Nick Robinson at the moment over Cummings (yet again) with the usual sneering tone, continual interruptions and cul de sac questioning. Hancock is batting him off as per usual. What value is there in this? It's not informing, educating or entertaining me, that's for sure.

He's got the Health Secretary for ten minutes, at critical juncture (commencement of "track and trace") in the midst of a medical emergency that is unparalleled in our lifetimes, and all he wants to do is aggressively say "Is it?" three times following up a question on DC. The media needs to move on, because what they are doing now is preventing the public from being informed. The BBC needs to stop this; where they lead, the majority of the pack will follow.

BBC have binned Emily off Newsnight.

I feel I ought to write a strongly worded letter about something, to someone.
How wrong can you be matey... Emily needed to wash her hair or cook the dinner or something and asked for the night off.

Do you see? She asked for the night off and her best pal, Katie Razall says that she wouldn't have stood in for if Emmers had been binned.

Yeah, right. Pull the other one you lying cnuts.

Razzall said on Wednesday evening she "wouldn't have agreed to present the show" if Maitlis had been asked to take the night off.​
The programme's editor Esme Wrenn said Maitlis "hasn't been replaced tonight in response to the BBC statement". Deputy editor Stewart McLean added: "For the avoidance of doubt, @maitlis has neither 'been replaced' nor 'been taken off air' for this evening's Newsnight".​
1590651647923.png

I'm not mad about a great deal of the BBC's output and it is faaaaaaaaaaaaar too big and its funding method is iniquitous and moribund, but we don't really want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I've just been listening to a very interesting programme on R4 about sub-postmasters who have lost their jobs, livelihood and acquired criminal records as the result, it is being argued, of a highly suspect computerised internal accounting system.
Quite agree ref the Post Office scandal programme.
Good research and reporting, and a very interesting listen.
I think a lot of us would have been aware of the broadbrush, via the media, but the details are fascinating and not conducive to trust in Post Office management.
As quite often happens, Private Eye have been chronicling this story for years, while the mainstream media (including the BBC) have been peculiarly silent.

Their latest article on the subject highlighted how all(!) those responsible for persecuting and prosecuting individuals, while managing the cover-up of a known defective computer system, have all been promoted in one way or another, with none as yet being held to account in any significant way.

It’s good to see the BBC finally taking an interest, though a fifteen-minute slot on Radio 4 is hardly going to have those responsible quaking in their boots.

Perhaps if the Beeb were to dedicate a Panorama to the subject, rather than to polemics from political activists, there might be some action on what was truly appalling treatment of innocent people, who by all measures were pillars of their community.

As quite often happens, Private Eye have been chronicling this story for years, while the mainstream media (including the BBC) have been peculiarly silent.

Their latest article on the subject highlighted how all(!) those responsible for persecuting and prosecuting individuals, while managing the cover-up of a known defective computer system, have all been promoted in one way or another, with none as yet being held to account in any significant way.

It’s good to see the BBC finally taking an interest, though a fifteen-minute slot on Radio 4 is hardly going to have those responsible quaking in their boots.

Perhaps if the Beeb were to dedicate a Panorama to the subject, rather than to polemics from political activists, there might be some action on what was truly appalling treatment of innocent people, who by all measures were pillars of their community.
On the subject of the Post Office and the (in some cases life changing) Horizon accounting system...

... the Post Office Still appear to be largely in denial about the system. Here is an extract (Page 1 para 6) from a letter recently sent to 'Dear Former Postmaster'. Not even the courtesy of including the name of their former post master whose life may have been irreparably affected.

Post Office has launched this scheme following the agreed settlement in December 2019 of the group litigation between Post OfFice and a group of mainly former postmasters. As part of the litigation, the Court found the current version of Horizon to be robust compared to similar systems. However, the Court identified some issues with previous versions of
Horizon, in use since around 2000, that had the potential to affect branch accounting. The scheme therefore covers those previous versions of Horizon and not the current version.​

2DFDE8EB-E4EE-4736-AB4D-2E89BD3417A8.jpeg

AA061488-B94E-4843-8964-A98D433F9DB7.jpeg

nb. I am not 'Dear Former Postmaster' and beyond buying the odd book of stamps etc, I have never had any connection with or to the Post Office in any of its guises.

Last edited:

Latest Threads