BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

ExREME.TECH

War Hero
Have you tried listening to LBC Radio. The programmes start at 4.00 AM with Steve Allen's show. He waffles on entertainingly about celebrities and utter fluff until 7.00 AM. His show is good to snooze by.

Then Nick Ferrari comes on with harder stuff. Speaking in a clipped, urgent hurried way. Making valid points, and challenging anyone to disagree with him. He's well worth listening to.

At 10.00 AM, he's replaced by O'Brien. A complete contrast. He speaks in a slow, self-satisfied, smug, monotonous voice. Like he's lecturing you. His lectures will please your ear, if you're into left-wing political correctness. Otherwise don't bother, as everything he says is completely predictable.

Then from 1.00 PM till 4.00 PM you'll hear Sheila Fogarty. She's a kind of female version of James O'Brien. Same predictable political correctness.

At 4.00 you get Eddie Mair. He's intensely annoying. Keeps trying to be a funny man.

At 6.00 Nigel Farrage, who's lost his vocation since Brexit was achieved. His talk is mostly flannel.

At 7.00 Iain Dale, perhaps the best of the LBC presenters. Very camp and penetrating.

Iain Dale's programme ends at 10.00PM , by which time I've fallen asleep.
I like radio 5 1300 hrs to 1600 hrs (not) our Nihal, finding rascim where rascim doesn't exist.
Why is there no black flowers at the Chelsea flower show?
What does this say to the British BAME youth?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
BBC news currently having a wankfest over Dom Cummings apparently breaking lockdown rules.
Demands for Boris to make a statement & various outraged comments from opposition/SNP MP's

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
The media pack is in full cry, and as far as they’re concerned the standard has been set by the two experts who resigned earlier in the crisis; it will be interesting to see if Cummings can weather this one. I hope so, just to hear the grinding of teeth on the BBC morning sofa, but I’m not confident.

O Zangado

War Hero
If BBC3 and Asian are so fcuking popular, then they're the ones to make subscription, along with BBCSoap
Have a mahoosive 'like' for "BBCSoap". Not even Al Beeb itself, in all its current dumbed down, miserable, lowest common denominator incarnation has thought (so far) of that one as a flagship channel. :applaud:

OZ

O Zangado

War Hero
What about Radio? Next you'll be suggesting that in order for the BBC to demonstrate Wokism, BAME announcers would have to have a distinctly black accent..
May I mention Zebedee Soanes at this juncture, assuming your comment is not a wah. He sounds on t'radio like Sir Trevor McDoughnut in all his honey-toned glory, but is in fact a ginger, chaser of the brown freckle and graduate of the University of East Anglia (previously known as Norwich Telypoknik) and therefore an obvious candidate for a taxpayer-funded BBC salary.

OZ

Correspondent Elaine Dunkley, just now on BBC 1pm news: “....another group of scientists calling themselves the independent Sage group, say it’s too early to return to school”.

The Independent SAGE group is a left wing noise box for Labour aligned scientists; no mention of that at all.
You mean this SAGE. (EDIT: No you didn't - ignore the rest of the post)

I'd be interested to hear why you suggest that SAGE is left wing. It's membership (not declared) varies constantly according to need and the group claim to have strived to be apolitical. Sir David King was quoted as saying of SAGE 'If you are giving science advice, your advice should be free of any political bias, that is just so critically important.'

There was a recent fuss because Cummings and Ben Warner were sitting in on advisory group meetings but these protests came for all quarters, not just Jon Ashworth.

BTW I know and have worked with Elaine quite a bit , she's a good journalist.

Last edited:
May I mention Zebedee Soanes at this juncture, assuming your comment is not a wah. He sounds on t'radio like Sir Trevor McDoughnut in all his honey-toned glory, but is in fact a ginger, chaser of the brown freckle and graduate of the University of East Anglia (previously known as Norwich Telypoknik) and therefore an obvious candidate for a taxpayer-funded BBC salary.

OZ
Zeb(at 04.03) has very White Home Counties accent. You may be getting his voice confused with that of Neil Nunes?

Last edited:

4(T)

LE
You mean this SAGE

I'd be interested to hear why you suggest that SAGE is left wing. It's membership (not declared) varies constantly according to need and the group claim to have strived to be apolitical. Sir David King was quoted as saying of SAGE 'If you are giving science advice, your advice should be free of any political bias, that is just so critically important.'

No, the Lefties have set up their own alternative Sage group.

ExREME.TECH

War Hero

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
He has been of the opinion for some time that he has not been given the opportunity of entertaining us via the medium of television due to the fact that he's not white.
The flaw here being that he forgot to factor in the fact that he's not funny.*

*By modern standards.
A good friend had the misfortune to have to treat him when he visited a very expensive private hospital in London.

'Misfortune' because he is by all accounts a thoroughly unpleasant individual. He's very bitter and absolutely convinced of his own genius. He is a top-quality serious actor, apparently.

'Chippy' doesn't quite cover it.

Given the BBC's over-obsession with BAME representation, his lack of coverage/appearances certainly isn't to do with his skin colour.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
You mean this SAGE. (EDIT: No you didn't - ignore the rest of the post)

There was a recent fuss because Cummings and Ben Warner were sitting in on advisory group meetings but these protests came for all quarters, not just Jon Ashworth.

BTW I know and have worked with Elaine quite a bit , she's a good journalist.
An “easy mistake” as Angela Rayner will testify!

Re our Dom:
PM Boris Johnson's chief aide Dominic Cummings has insisted he "behaved reasonably and legally", in his first public comments since his journey from London to County Durham was reported on Friday night.

When asked by reporters if his trip during the coronavirus lockdown looked good, he said: "Who cares about good looks. It's a question of doing the right thing. It's not about what you guys think."

Yeah, bollocks to the journocunts!

Latest Threads