BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

You mean Sir Lenny Henry CBE who is a bit quick to rant about all the unfair disrimination?
Poor Sir Lenny CBE...
He has been of the opinion for some time that he has not been given the opportunity of entertaining us via the medium of television due to the fact that he's not white.
The flaw here being that he forgot to factor in the fact that he's not funny.*

*By modern standards.

Didn't that used to be called an Editorial?
From what I remember editorials were pieces by the editor, or whoever he spammed to write it for them, expressing the papers' views (no doubt after careful conversations with the owners). I've also seen it described as opinion pieces and/or analysis, shown here (scroll down) on Sky News:

They could be all white, black, Japanese or even Welsh, for all I care.
As long as they were chosen because they were the best candidate & not based on their ethnicity, I’m ok with it.
Ah, you mean the actual textbook definition of equality. Rather than the skewed, euphemistic parody employed by public sector organisations like the BBC.

He has been of the opinion for some time that he has not been given the opportunity of entertaining us via the medium of television due to the fact that he's not white.
The flaw here being that he forgot to factor in the fact that he's not funny.*

*By modern standards.
The last time he made me laugh I was about 7 & he threw a custard pie at Chris Tarrant.

See my last paragraph. That’s sh1t & the execs should’ve told him to jog. They won’t, of course because 1. They probably agree with him as they’re so woke, or 2. They were frightened of upsetting a minority Sir &/or those upstairs at BH.

Lenny Henry has to be switched off in my house whenever he comes on. He’s a one topic bore. Same as Jo Brand (cake/men) & Julian Clary (arrse gags). It’s boring.
I think it would take a brave person to be seen to be taking a stand against this type of 'positive discrimination' at the BBC.

It's obviously wrong for the colour of someone's skin to be a bar to a person gaining employment however the last place this is going to be an issue is the BBC, yet there are few BAME producers and only 1 BAME cameraman, (and he's a trainee) in the whole of BBC News. I don't understand this.

BlackDyke

War Hero
I think it would take a brave person to be seen to be taking a stand against this type of 'positive discrimination' at the BBC.

It's obviously wrong for the colour of someone's skin to be a bar to a person gaining employment however the last place this is going to be an issue is the BBC, yet there are few BAME producers and only 1 BAME cameraman, (and he's a trainee) in the whole of BBC News. I don't understand this.
Not in the public eye so therefore no use for wokist virtue signalling.

Simple. Perhaps no BAME camera wannabes applied?
They all probably preferred to be making a lot more money standing in front of it instead of behind.
Should aunties reps go and stand outside All Souls Church & drag them in?

Not in the public eye so therefore no use for wokist virtue signalling.
What about Radio? Next you'll be suggesting that in order for the BBC to demonstrate Wokism, BAME announcers would have to have a distinctly black accent..

You jest but...
Fill in the blanks yourself because you know that has already happened.
That sudden gust of air you felt on your bald pate was also my point flying overhead..

Not everybody listens to Radio 4.
Thanks for the little stab though.
My apologies. - it wasn't meant to be derogatory as I had no idea of your folicular status.

From what I remember editorials were pieces by the editor, or whoever he spammed to write it for them, expressing the papers' views (no doubt after careful conversations with the owners). I've also seen it described as opinion pieces and/or analysis, shown here (scroll down) on Sky News:

They used to be called leaders, or leading articles.

Latest Threads