BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

The cynic in me says that colour and religion, and "institutional cowardice" probably had something to do with it.
If it'd been a coloured lad and a white doctor they'd be clamouring for their head on a pole

The cynic in me says that colour and religion, and "institutional cowardice" probably had something to do with it.
And some people wonder why Tommy Robinson is gaining an audience. This sort of case plays right into his hands. The doctor made very, very serious errors and has the nerve to talk about the boy as if she knew him when she had mistaken him in hospital for another child!

More to the point why has the judiciary a say in this? I question their competence at the least.
Why so. The coroner determines cause of death which if considered unlawful, the police investigate if a crime has been committed, the CPS decide if charges should be brought and if the case has a reasonable chance of a guilty verdict, the jury hear the evidence from both sides and reach a verdict. The judiciary's role is to ensure the trial is fair within the rules of law and pass sentence if a guilty verdict is returned.

Which bit of judicial competence are you questioning

Why so. The coroner determines cause of death which if considered unlawful, the police investigate if a crime has been committed, the CPS decide if charges should be brought and if the case has a reasonable chance of a guilty verdict, the jury hear the evidence from both sides and reach a verdict. The judiciary's role is to ensure the trial is fair within the rules of law and pass sentence if a guilty verdict is returned.

Which bit of judicial competence are you questioning
Not the sharpest tool are you.

The BBC ran an interesting survey of 'British Asians' as part of some politically correct mumbo jumbo celebration recently. On the lunchtime news they reported on the findings, part of which is the intolerance of the majority of 'British Asians', of all age groups, to same sex relationships (see the link below for more detail). The majority of 'All Britons' were much more tolerant, with between 68 and 81% being supportive, whereas the Asians were between 56 and 58% against it. Aside from BBC selective reporting this supports many Britons view that our ethnic minorities are nowhere near as tolerant as the rest of us, despite demanding our tolerance of them.

Imagine my surprise when this part of the survey was omitted from the early evening news, and I'd bet it doesn't appear on the 10 o'clock news either.

This, in itself, may not amount to bias, but it does point to selective reporting to support its stance on political correctness.

British Asians 'more socially conservative'
So, if it's related to asians it's socially conservative but for whites it's homophobic?

Assuming she returns to work in the UK,I wonder what her patient list will look like in say 18 months?
Judging by her present attrition rate, it should be quite easy to get an appointment with her. Quite why you'd want to however....

Judging by her present attrition rate, it should be quite easy to get an appointment with her. Quite why you'd want to however....
Playing Devil's advocate here. How many patients were in the six wards she was ministering with no top cover and supported by two doctors new to paediatrics? Losing only one could be a good attrition rate.

Playing Devil's advocate here. How many patients were in the six wards she was ministering with no top cover and supported by two doctors new to paediatrics? Losing only one could be a good attrition rate.
I've been following a number of discussions on this case, and I've come out in favour of the doctor.

Apparently the NHS' own sepsis expert failed to spot it in himself when he caught it, it's that difficult to diagnose.

I've been following a number of discussions on this case, and I've come out in favour of the doctor.

Apparently the NHS' own sepsis expert failed to spot it in himself when he caught it, it's that difficult to diagnose.
Me too, given the wider picture. I understand the parents want revenge, and to think she will never work again as punishment for loss of their child. But it seems a waste of a trained doctor, who will remember that lesson every day of her life.