BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

A report on the 2200 News from BBC's Head of Misery, Orla Guerin, from Yemen.

1. A child is dying every 10 minutes. Apparently, this sad state of affairs is our fault.

2. With death all around them, WTF have the poor, benighted Yemenis done to deserve OrlabloodyGuerin?
I switched off disgustedly wondering what the Yemenis did with the hospitals, schools, irrigation, ports and other infrastructure we left them when they insisted on independence. Surely they got what they wanted and that nice Mr Nasser looked after them really well with his plan of Arabia for Arabs?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

1. A child is dying every 10 minutes. Apparently, this sad state of affairs is our fault.

2. With death all around them, WTF have the poor, benighted Yemenis done to deserve OrlabloodyGuerin?
I just hope she stays there. Her voice really grates on me, same as the other bird with a similar accent and vile voice. Can't remember her name right now but she reported from the Trump-Putin meet.

That was a shocking report right enough - why did they have to show that poor wee mite taking his last breath ffs? Heartbreaking doesn’t come close.
But I’m buggered if I’m going to feel in any way responsible for the nightmare unfolding in Yemen. Arabs have always butchered Arabs, it’s in their genes - the bar is set very low on the value of life. It’s been happening for centuries and twenty years ago, we would have been completely ignorant of the situation. Twenty four hour news has a lot to answer for and the BBC in particular. Awful, virtue signalling reporting.

I've not heard anyone on the BBC or other media channels say anything positive about Trump.
I was listening to the radio last night.Jonathan Ross started his "arts" programme.Amid his ramblings was a comment about dogs intelligence.He went on to say that some dogs are more intelligent than people running one of the biggest countries in the world.
Also noteworthy are the other channels and their sneering and dismissive attitude to Trump.
I have yet to hear any of them be positive about it.
This could be because there's nothing they can truthfully be positive about regarding Trump, and we expect them to be truthful.

That was a shocking report right enough - why did they have to show that poor wee mite taking his last breath ffs? Heartbreaking doesn’t come close.
But I’m buggered if I’m going to feel in any way responsible for the nightmare unfolding in Yemen. Arabs have always butchered Arabs, it’s in their genes - the bar is set very low on the value of life. It’s been happening for centuries and twenty years ago, we would have been completely ignorant of the situation. Twenty four hour news has a lot to answer for and the BBC in particular. Awful, virtue signalling reporting.
Back when we were in charge, we did our best to stop the eternal bickering & waste of life.
IMO we made a decent go of doing just that, considering the time & resources.
Of course the liberals spent their time campaigning for the poor, downtrodden souls to be given their "freedom" whilst singularly failing to explain how the lid was going to be kept on once we left.
History accurately records the ensuing & ongoing (& predicted by realists) fall back into barbarism, only with high tech weapons.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
I switched off disgustedly wondering what the Yemenis did with the hospitals, schools, irrigation, ports and other infrastructure we left them when they insisted on independence. Surely they got what they wanted and that nice Mr Nasser looked after them really well with his plan of Arabia for Arabs?
As one of them put it to me once, 'Nasser good! You wanna buy fountain pen?'

BBC morning news today lauding Mandela and his legacy, quite sickening. No mention of how the legacy is turning to shite and how South Africa is slowly travelling down the same route as Zimbabwe.

BBC morning news today lauding Mandela and his legacy, quite sickening. No mention of how the legacy is turning to shite and how South Africa is slowly travelling down the same route as Zimbabwe.
Their obsequious fawning was vomit-inducing, not to mention parading the brainwashed kids parroting their lines. Strangely, no white kids in that particular school.

Well, to be perfectly honest, we are playing our part in it. We are supplying KSA and their allies with the military means to wreak death and destruction.

We cannot, on the one hand, supply other nations (including some pretty despotic regimes) with arms and equipment and then brush our hands and say, "Nothing to do with us, guv" when that same kit is used in dubious circumstances.

Oddly enough "In the month before the vote the Remainers set up FIVE new campaigns and funnelled a MILLION pounds into them so they could stay under the spending limit"
Remain Campaign Used Same Spending Tactics as Vote Leave, But Far Worse -

Electoral Commision has questions to answer in respect of bias by the sounds of it:
Electoral Commission Ignored Evidence Disproving Central Claims Against Vote Leave -
This popped up on Radio 4 yesterday lunchtime. I didn't catch much of it but the gist was we should have another referendum because "Leave" cheated, despite the guy not having any definitive proof, just his opinion.
In fairness the Beeb presenter took him to task on this and gave some excellent counter arguments, I just wish they'd stop giving so much air time to these malcontents.

Well, to be perfectly honest, we are playing our part in it. We are supplying KSA and their allies with the military means to wreak death and destruction.

We cannot, on the one hand, supply other nations (including some pretty despotic regimes) with arms and equipment and then brush our hands and say, "Nothing to do with us, guv" when that same kit is used in dubious circumstances.
It's worse than that, Jim: apparently, it was All Our Fault from the first day that Queen Vicky's war canoes used it as a water and, later, a coaling station.

. . . though not too much said about the rather robust Ottoman rule during the previous 300 years.

I have emailed a complaint to the BBC reference the above and await their reply with bated breath. It will no doubt contain the normal left wing bollox...wait out

This popped up on Radio 4 yesterday lunchtime. I didn't catch much of it but the gist was we should have another referendum because "Leave" cheated, despite the guy not having any definitive proof, just his opinion.
In fairness the Beeb presenter took him to task on this and gave some excellent counter arguments, I just wish they'd stop giving so much air time to these malcontents.
The Politicians have latched on to it too. This morning, Tory MP Sarah Wollaston, described by the BBC as a previous Remainer, but now a 'soft-Brexit' supporter (yeah, right) suggested dodgy practices on the Leave side somehow made the Referendum result invalid. Watch this space - they'll all be at it soon. Not that the Remain side resorted to any lies or misinformation during the Referendum campaign, God forbid.
I still remember clearly the £8M taxpayer funded George Osborne pamphlet of doom pushed through our letterboxes.
No side has the moral high ground here. What a farce!

Twenty four hour news has a lot to answer for and the BBC in particular. Awful, virtue signalling reporting.
She's there because the BBC's attention is drawn to it by various charities and NGOs who are right now preparing the media for their next appeal.

Skiing holidays and private schools for the needy children of their CEOs and directors don't come cheap you know.

She's there because the BBC's attention is drawn to it by various charities and NGOs who are right now preparing the media for their next appeal.

Skiing holidays and private schools for the needy children of their CEOs and directors don't come cheap you know.
I shall steal your last sentence. It's so aposite!

I have emailed a complaint to the BBC reference the above and await their reply with bated breath. It will no doubt contain the normal left wing bollox...wait out
Thanks - I read it and passed it on to Tony Hall.