BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Said before, the BBC sit right in the centre of accepted opinion(left/right). The trouble being all three of those stances, have become less and less representative of the wider public and more and more authoritarian... The BBC talks a lot about human rights, but seems to have a soft spot for china.
Of course they have

BBC Radio 4 - Today, 21/10/2015, China ‘more authoritarian’ than in 1989

Why have two reporters in Wuhan disappeared?

Beijing's sharp turn to authoritarianism

Here is the ES digital version.

Here is the ES digital version.

So Emily read the teleprompter, does anyone know who writes the script for Newsnight ?

The socio-economic conditions which cause a higher incidence in the BAME community aren't the result of racism, any more than the Type 2 Diabetes and high cholesterol levels are.
Out of interest, BAME individuals are more susceptible to serious medical difficulties while being restrained due to a higher incidence of sickle cell anemia.
It's a shame they're more likely to be bent up.

But don't tell Lammy.

Yahoo item today.........................

Emily Maitlis has been praised for her “extraordinary” introduction to BBC’s Newsnight in which she slammed “misleading” language surrounding the coronavirus crisis.

It's worth checking the comments on the Yahoo piece. To me, Maitlis hardly comes over well in what appears a definitely left-wing stance for a supposedly even-handed BBC journalist.
Reluctant as I am to pander to Yahoo's blatant lie of wanting to respect my privacy through the medium of hoovering up as much data as they can grab from my browser by setting their default site configuration to "hoover up as much information as we can grab and only allow the mug punter to turn anything off by having to visit 23 sites and turn off every setting manually on each and every site", I shall be checking neither the "news" item nor the comments.

I will, however, swear by the all the gods that every ping test I ever send in the future will continue go to yahoo.com

Yahoo item today.........................

Emily Maitlis has been praised for her “extraordinary” introduction to BBC’s Newsnight in which she slammed “misleading” language surrounding the coronavirus crisis.

It's worth checking the comments on the Yahoo piece. To me, Maitlis hardly comes over well in what appears a definitely left-wing stance for a supposedly even-handed BBC journalist.
Most of the comments on RedditNI* about this are about how wonderful Maitlis and the BBC are.

*Reddit NI is Shinnerbot/Alliance/MGBGTRS+-/ central.

So Emily read the teleprompter, does anyone know who writes the script for Newsnight ?
Regardless of who wrote the words, it isn't the journalist's job to "debunk myths" - by all means quote other people doing the debunking, but this was Maitlis using her taxpayer-funded BBC job as a platform to make political points.

Dig out BBC articles on Trump and the British Government/Brexit-Covid and you will find numerous quotes and connections to its harshest critics. That is the BBC taking to task something it wishes to interrogate OR dislikes.

Compare with your three links, where we have almost no quotes of china's harshest critics. No reference to the Tibetans, its attitudes to Taiwan et al. No, just a grown up talk about authoritarianism and the Chinese economy on the slide and almost hoping the Chinese would knuckle down and get with the BBC programme.

Your modus of digging out 3 random links and not even bothering to read them and contrast that with my rhetorical style says a lot about your lack of depth on pretty much anything, beyond s*** and giggle digs.

The BBC has a soft spot for authoritarian states of the left and treats their failures as mistakes, or immaturity. The official term is 'engagement' and its essentially the Foreign Office soft power philosophy that tried to negotiate the falklands away and seeks to moderate US behaviour through the creation of a framework of allied states.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The ones who have died in their 40s and 50s have tended to be obese
A conversation I was having today: the attempts to normalise obesity or have it classified as an illness are coming home to roost.

Here’s a thing: being healthy and moderately fit makes you better able to cope with illness. Gosh, revelatory huh?

Truxx

LE
I notice Kuentsberg still can’t help herself criticize the Tory leadership:

Situations changing in a dynamic environment, let’s make them out to be indecisive.

I thought the threats of removing the licence fee would have the BBC sending this witch to replace Nicholas Whitchel as he is put out to pasture.
lifting the lockdown said Vine at lunchtime. It's the question many are asking.

followed by a bucket load of folks clearly a lot brighter and not asking that question but phoning in to say that any lifting would be bonkers.

Go Jezza. Finger on the pulse there.

lifting the lockdown said Vine at lunchtime. It's the question many are asking.

followed by a bucket load of folks clearly a lot brighter and not asking that question but phoning in to say that any lifting would be bonkers.

Go Jezza. Finger on the pulse there.
Another case of the media driving and making the news, instead of reporting it.