BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

It took them a while, but the BBC has managed to find a WAYCISM angle on Coronavirus. Sopel's report on the Ten this evening.
Given its the 'universal' answer to every problem, the only surprise is it took them this long.. I noted a day or so before, there was the domestic violence angle (nasty men) and talk the LGBTQ community are particularly hard done by amidst this crisis. We've also had the angle from a refugee perspective and the planet/climate change has a voice as well.

Essentially like everything else. The coronavirus is being politicised to force a left leaning agenda. Post-covid, my expectation is a lot of hard work over the past 10-15 years will be lost and I strongly suspect a reboot 2.0 consensus that excludes alternative views.

Stand by for the difficulties of being a Vegan in todays uncertain world.

Last edited:
Given its the 'universal' answer to every problem, the only surprise is it took them this long.. I noted a day or so before, there was the domestic violence angle (nasty men) and talk the LGBTQ community are particularly hard done by amidst this crisis. We've also had the angle from a refugee perspective and the planet/climate change has a voice as well.

Essentially like everything else. The coronavirus is being politicised to force a left leaning agenda. Post-covid, my expectation is a lot of hard work over the past 10-15 years will be lost and I strongly suspect a reboot 2.0 consensus that excludes alternative views.
Jeremy Vine got handed his aarse last week on the radio by an expert. He mentioned a poss up swing of domestic violence & Vine went into full ‘bad man’, the horrid SJW that he is.
The expert pointed out some stats that said in a high percentage of DV, the victim is the man.
“Err, yes, well, err...”

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Jeremy Vine got handed his aarse last week on the radio by an expert. He mentioned a poss up swing of domestic violence & Vine went into full ‘bad man’, the horrid SJW that he is.
The expert pointed out some stats that said in a high percentage of DV, the victim is the man.
“Err, yes, well, err...”
I congratulate you on having the forbearance to be able to listen to Vine without smashing the radio within thirty seconds. I was up for an award several years ago , and it was presented by that bellthronk. Every time I hear the over-emoting penis, I beat myself up for not having taken him out at the ankles and gone stompity stomp stomp stomp on his face until pulled off him.

...and rest.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I congratulate you on having the forbearance to be able to listen to Vine without smashing the radio within thirty seconds. I was up for an award several years ago , and it was presented by that bellthronk. Every time I hear the over-emoting penis, I beat myself up for not having taken him out at the ankles and gone stompity stomp stomp stomp on his face until pulled off him.

...and rest.
When he first started, his radio show was alright and generally quite even handed. It has got more left wing over the years. I catch his telly show when I am off, mainly to gawk at his co host. Items will cross over both shows, and both have heavily featured his doctor buddy, the very patronising and very ginger Sarah Jarvis. His panels are generally lefty heavy and female focussed.
I think his brother is pretty funny.

I notice Kuentsberg still can’t help herself criticize the Tory leadership:

Situations changing in a dynamic environment, let’s make them out to be indecisive.

I thought the threats of removing the licence fee would have the BBC sending this witch to replace Nicholas Whitchel as he is put out to pasture.

When he first started, his radio show was alright and generally quite even handed. It has got more left wing over the years. I catch his telly show when I am off, mainly to gawk at his co host. Items will cross over both shows, and both have heavily featured his doctor buddy, the very patronising and very ginger Sarah Jarvis. His panels are generally lefty heavy and female focussed.
His bias & vitriol against Trump was very evident the other day. He was almost spitting as he spoke about him.

I notice Kuentsberg still can’t help herself criticize the Tory leadership:

Situations changing in a dynamic environment, let’s make them out to be indecisive.

I thought the threats of removing the licence fee would have the BBC sending this witch to replace Nicholas Whitchel as he is put out to pasture.
Yesterday's media briefing saw some of this flapping. Even Laura K recognises that three weeks from March 23 doesn't end this week, but it doesn't stop the bleating. (for accuracy, it's Witchell, although I suspect @ThunderBox was still thinking of his description of Sourpuss Laura. :) )

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
What, twice?

Said before, the BBC sit right in the centre of accepted opinion(left/right). The trouble being all three of those stances, have become less and less representative of the wider public and more and more authoritarian... The BBC talks a lot about human rights, but seems to have a soft spot for china.

Yahoo item today.........................

Emily Maitlis has been praised for her “extraordinary” introduction to BBC’s Newsnight in which she slammed “misleading” language surrounding the coronavirus crisis.

It's worth checking the comments on the Yahoo piece. To me, Maitlis hardly comes over well in what appears a definitely left-wing stance for a supposedly even-handed BBC journalist.