BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

And not one, at a cursory glance, had the intelligence to have a bag to fill up.
There was probably more trampled on the floor than stolen. And the mong emptying only the chewing gum rack may discover it has limited nutritional value.

Indeed...

I was also much enervated by this evening's debate about "Where The Labour Party Had Gone Wrong", couched in the most conciliatory and earnest tones and consisting mostly of a trail of erstwhile New Labour luminaries including the Blessed Tony..

No interruptions,

No ulterior motives or covert "gotchas"

No Character Assassination attempts..!

The answers seem to be:

1. The Tories stole all their good ideas.
2. The Tories had got rid of Large Industry and the Unions had lost power.
3. Labour was too unpatriotic and critical of the Armed Forces (... well at least they got one thing right!)

..so they can behave if they want to!
Did any Labourites use the phrases "we forgot to listen [to our traditional voters]", and "lessons have been learned"?

Phrases uttered by Yvette Cooper and some other Labour Harridan in the days after their 2010 election defeat, and evidently never learned.

Did any Labourites use the phrases "we forgot to listen [to our traditional voters]", and "lessons have been learned"?

Phrases uttered by Yvette Cooper and some other Labour Harridan in the days after their 2010 election defeat, and evidently never learned.
The word "community", when properly pronounced, should be restricted to narrators of nature documentaries describing ant colonies, bee hives and so on.

Ten years hard labour for gobsh*tes being interviewed by wnak so called journalists in the ghettoes of Lambeth.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Giving ITV News a go and so far they have spoken to David Cameron, Heseltine and now Osborne. Just as bad as BBC made worse by having to listen to the drawl of Robert Peston!
Al Jazeera is the way to go. More news on more countries, less hyperbole and fishing for scary headlines . Surprisingly good. Channel 325 on our freeview box.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Al Jazeera is the way to go. More news on more countries, less hyperbole and fishing for scary headlines . Surprisingly good. Channel 325 on our freeview box.
Agreed. The only thing being that I do wonder what others are griping about where BBC, ITV and channel 4 news are concerned.
I'm obviously missing something but it's like the effect of the agricultural demise of the Bolivian lesser horned weevil on western economy. Something about which I am not in the slightest bit interested.

Thank you, anything has to be better than the horrid hurly-Burley in the mornings
(Edited to add: I gave up on the ghastly Nick Robinson weeks ago – seems to be ever present at the moment on the Today programme)

I lie, in a moment of weakness (Boris update) I did tune in yesterday: and heard Justin Webb (normally one of the more sensible tendency) ask Michael Gove whose finger would be on the nuclear button.
Just what everyone concerned about coronavirus wanted to know, I thought.
Prat.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I lie, in a moment of weakness (Boris update) I did tune in yesterday: and heard Justin Webb (normally one of the more sensible tendency) ask Michael Gove whose finger would be on the nuclear button.
Just what everyone concerned about coronavirus wanted to know, I thought.
Prat.
Freethinkers and disbelievers weren't just burned at the stake you know - they were impaled on it first.

Offa

War Hero
I wonder if his time at the Home Office moulded the way they operate now?
Of that, I'm sure one of our police colleagues on ARRSE could provide the answer. An aside on Starmer, when he headed CPS he stopped the investigation into Jimmy Saville, citing 'lack of evidence'.

Offa

War Hero
Mrs b is a mild mannered lady who does not use strong language.....honest!!
Even she has become exasperated at the negative reporting on the BBC; especially the funereal tones of Edwards, Chakrabatti and Myrie and the same repeated questions to different interviewees. And as for the bone questions from the likes of Peston, being asked at the daily briefings, I have never seen her so incandescent with anger. She's switched to watching Channel 5 on the telly in order to calm down. It's no use contacting the BBC about their abysmal standard, it would only generate a condescending reply.
Not forgetting the booming Beth Rigby.

Of that, I'm sure one of our police colleagues on ARRSE could provide the answer. An aside on Starmer, when he headed CPS he stopped the investigation into Jimmy Saville, citing 'lack of evidence'.
Did Starmer go through 'Common Purpose' indoctrination?

Don't forget a few of blairs old spinmeisters like campbell and powell, wheeled out to criticise the PM. The only surprise was they're didn't suggest dear old TBlair doesn't step in on a regency basis. The BBC are still fixed on doom and gloom, but a few greenshoots of recovery and even they're sounded optimisic this morning.

It took them a while, but the BBC has managed to find a WAYCISM angle on Coronavirus. Sopel's report on the Ten this evening.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The socio-economic conditions which cause a higher incidence in the BAME community aren't the result of racism, any more than the Type 2 Diabetes and high cholesterol levels are.

Latest Threads