BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Just eating lunch in the garden, talking of this and that, we started to wonder.

Why hasn't the BBC sent a reporter to tell us how all the poor ISIS Brides and Brats are getting on in their camps? Are they observing social distancing, are they managing to eat? Do they need ventilators?

Or the doctors, teachers and engineers washing up on Mediterranean beaches? How are they managing with the virus?

What impact has the virus had on the cash flow of the people traffickers who were rushing to get more loads in before December?

We think we should be told!!!

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Just eating lunch in the garden, talking of this and that, we started to wonder.

Why hasn't the BBC sent a reporter to tell us how all the poor ISIS Brides and Brats are getting on in their camps? Are they observing social distancing, are they managing to eat? Do they need ventilators?

Or the doctors, teachers and engineers washing up on Mediterranean beaches? How are they managing with the virus?

What impact has the virus had on the cash flow of the people traffickers who were rushing to get more loads in before December?

Hush, lest you wake them....

Well of course the morons are praising the "rainbow nation"
snip "South Africa's ruthlessly efficient fight against coronavirus.
One week into South Africa's nationwide lockdown to prevent the spread of coronavirus, and it is tempting - dangerously tempting - to breathe a sigh of relief.
After all, look at how much has already been achieved. More than 47,000 people have been tested, and 67 mobile testing units have been organised."

When this is the reality .....
"Here they claim that South Africa is leading the world with its “Ruthlessly efficient fight against Coronavirus” when in fact the opposite is true and many people are really suffering now, not only in SA but neighbouring countries such as Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia? I have a good friend who lives in Johannesburg and he tells me the situation on the ground is dreadful there; no food in the stores, muggings and robberies increasing rapidly, citizens clashing with the military, the transport minister allowing full minibuses to travel, and as for the “drive through testing centres” he said they don’t exist, so why is the BBC bigging up the country???

** And here is the TRUTH about what’s happening in South Africa!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U_bUpN52Iyw&feature=youtu.be

A whey-faced spokesperson for Médecins Sans Frontières, wearing scrubs 2 sizes too large, said, 'Feck 'em!'.

Last edited:

wheel

LE

Funny that, I noticed today that two of the departments at work that always have Radio 2 on had both switched to a Smooth commercial station. When I inquired about the change I was informed that they were all fed up with the depressing negativity that the BBC were putting out. Fit for purpose ooops that another thread.

One week into South Africa's nationwide lockdown to prevent the spread of coronavirus, and it is tempting - dangerously tempting - to breathe a sigh of relief.
After all, look at how much has already been achieved. More than 47,000 people have been tested, and 67 mobile testing units have been organised."

"Here they claim that South Africa is leading the world with its “Ruthlessly efficient fight against Coronavirus” when in fact the opposite is true and many people are really suffering now, not only in SA but neighbouring countries such as Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia? I have a good friend who lives in Johannesburg and he tells me the situation on the ground is dreadful there; no food in the stores, muggings and robberies increasing rapidly, citizens clashing with the military, the transport minister allowing full minibuses to travel, and as for the “drive through testing centres” he said they don’t exist, so why is the BBC bigging up the country???

That'll be the German influence. Also not quite conveying the actual reality.

I came across this today which was being linked to some sad sacks tweet.

I've read it several times now and I just can't believe a single word.
The 'Doctor' is an assumed name (Dr Roberts), the author of the article has no recent social media posts if it is the same person (Claire Press who I think is Claire Jude Press (@clairejudepress) on Twitter ) and the 'Illustrations' turn out to be by this chap Charlie Newland (@charlienewland) on Twitter whose twitter feed shows which side of the political spectrum he falls upon.
Its odd that the photos of them dressing up have no context or background detail. They could have been taken anywhere on the planet and we would be none the wiser.

"It's wrong. And that's why we're having to put bin bags and aprons on our heads."

I call utter fabricated bollocks, much like that kid on the floor of the hospital before the last election. These people are lunatics and we actually pay for the privilege of broadcasting shiite.

Last edited:

HE117

LE

Indeed...

I was also much enervated by this evening's debate about "Where The Labour Party Had Gone Wrong", couched in the most conciliatory and earnest tones and consisting mostly of a trail of erstwhile New Labour luminaries including the Blessed Tony..

No interruptions,

No ulterior motives or covert "gotchas"

No Character Assassination attempts..!

The answers seem to be:

1. The Tories stole all their good ideas.
2. The Tories had got rid of Large Industry and the Unions had lost power.
3. Labour was too unpatriotic and critical of the Armed Forces (... well at least they got one thing right!)

..so they can behave if they want to!

Funny that, I noticed today that two of the departments at work that always have Radio 2 on had both switched to a Smooth commercial station. When I inquired about the change I was informed that they were all fed up with the depressing negativity that the BBC were putting out. Fit for purpose ooops that another thread.
Mrs b is a mild mannered lady who does not use strong language.....honest!!
Even she has become exasperated at the negative reporting on the BBC; especially the funereal tones of Edwards, Chakrabatti and Myrie and the same repeated questions to different interviewees. And as for the bone questions from the likes of Peston, being asked at the daily briefings, I have never seen her so incandescent with anger. She's switched to watching Channel 5 on the telly in order to calm down. It's no use contacting the BBC about their abysmal standard, it would only generate a condescending reply.

Last edited:
Mrs b is a mild mannered lady who does not use strong language.....honest!!
Even she has become exasperated at the negative reporting on the BBC; especially the funereal tones of Edwards, Chakrabatti and Myrie and the same repeated questions to different interviewees. And as for the bone questions from the likes of Peston, being asked at the daily briefings, I have never seen her so incandescent with anger. She's switched to watching Channel 5 on the telly in order to calm down. It's no use contacting the BBC about their abysmal standard, it would only generate a condescending reply.
The Times sketch writer has taken to calling it 'the well known Epidemiologist Robert Peston....'

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Giving ITV News a go and so far they have spoken to David Cameron, Heseltine and now Osborne. Just as bad as BBC made worse by having to listen to the drawl of Robert Peston!

Already playing Supermarket Sweep.

The heroic manager locking his female shelf stacker out of the cash cage was particularly inspiring to the rest of the world.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
Giving ITV News a go and so far they have spoken to David Cameron, Heseltine and now Osborne. Just as bad as BBC made worse by having to listen to the drawl of Robert Peston!
And the adverts

Already playing Supermarket Sweep.

The heroic manager locking his female shelf stacker out of the cash cage was particularly inspiring to the rest of the world.
This comes as no surprise.
Even without the Chinese Flu issue, we used to have Pl strength armed assaults on service stations in JB, Durban and CT. It would be a lucky night if we didn't lose a security guard. No wonder they (armed security) had it on their toes at the first sign of bother.

Latest Threads