BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
You should.

His writing redefines the meaning of the word turgid.
Agreed. Only surpassed by the fictional output of one Michael Asher. Read "Death Or Glory - The Last Commando" if you dare.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
As the spreaders of doom, gloom and "We're Doooomed" then they are first class!
Don't forget their major in ill-informed contrary criticism.

I wonder whether stacker1 is giving them instruction?

TamH70

MIA
Our telly is switched off at the moment. Thanks for telling me what I am not missing.
My telly is switched on. Unfortunately for the BBC, that's only because it makes a kick-ass 42" flat-screen computer monitor. I lasted two minutes on BBC Breakfast this morning with Naga I wouldn't mind Munching her Chetty before it got switched over to my HDMI input and the PC went on.

Half watching BBC earlier during Downing St brief. All these so called journalists criticising Boris and other senior officials for having caught the virus, but these are the same twats that whinge about “special privileges”. When this is all over I hope these journos get the same treatment as profiteering shop keepers and big business bosses that have been cnuts. Anyone fancy some tarring and feathering?
It could be argued the people in authority who get it, are those prepared to actually put themselves in harms way.. The Journalistic community are notably absent many infections and that tells its story about how close they're really are to the people.

I seem to remember the BBC running stories on one of the Blair's spawn.

Could you think of any less of public interest...
Tony Blair's son Euan gets married

hmm, why was reporting this in the public interest but reporting a violent assault on police by a senior politician’s son wasn’t? Nothing to do with skin colour...?
BBC News | UK | Blair's son 'drunk and incapable'

Agenda driven double standards writ large throughout the BBC. I fervently hope their public funding is binned at the next renewal. If it (the BBC) is as good as it tells us it is, as important to the nation as it tell us it is, it will have no problem getting itself fully funded on a commercial basis.
Could be wrong, but I don’t think they reported it when he was nicked by the Carabinieri on Ponza for D&D.
Mind, at the time his Dad was PM and they were guests in Italy of Il Cavaliero (Berlusconi).

It could be argued the people in authority who get it, are those prepared to actually put themselves in harms way.. The Journalistic community are notably absent many infections and that tells its story about how close they're really are to the people.
I remember in 2001 when Kate Adie reported on the start of the bombing of Kabul by the USAF. Quite rightly she was wearing the press version of CBA and a lid. Quite wrongly, she was transmitting this report from the immensely dangerous environment of her balcony in the Intercontinental hotel in Muscat. I only know that she was doing it from there, because I was in the same hotel at the time.

Last edited:

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Fat Driver

Old-Salt
Agreed. Only surpassed by the fictional output of one Michael Asher. Read "Death Or Glory - The Last Commando" if you dare.
Bullets thwacked, grenades fizzed, shrapnel skittered etc?
Yes I made the same mistake in the library with his book

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Bullets thwacked, grenades fizzed, shrapnel skittered etc?
Yes I made the same mistake in the library with his book
Oh yes..........and "Bren guns bowked lead". That's a direct quote IIRC.

I remember in 2001 when Kate Adie reported on the start of the bombing of Kabul by the USAF. Quite rightly she was wearing the press version of CBA and a lid. Quite wrongly, she was transmitting this report from the immensely dangerous environment of her balcony in the Intercontinental hotel in Muscat. I only know that she was doing it from there, because I was in the same hotel at the time.
How stable are the balconies of Oman ? one assumes if they've being constructed by a third world worker, perhaps she was actually taking her life in her hands.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Boris Johnson is in intensive care; who does the Today Programme turn to for expert advice? Michael frigging Heseltine.

Words fail me.

Offa

War Hero
Boris Johnson is in intensive care; who does the Today Programme turn to for expert advice? Michael frigging Heseltine.

Words fail me.
And Radio 4 "wheeled out Lord Kerslake - falsely introduced as a former Cabinet secretary - as a constitutional expert ... he did not correct his interviewer on her accidental exaggeration of his CV. Although a former civil servant, Lord Kersdale is not impartial. Last year he declared that a Boris premiership would be "an opportunity for disaster". He was an adviser to Jeremy Corbyn on how to prepare for government." Thanks for this telling piece of intelligence go to Charles Moore, Daily Telegraph, today.

And Radio 4 "wheeled out Lord Kerslake - falsely introduced as a former Cabinet secretary - as a constitutional expert ... he did not correct his interviewer on her accidental exaggeration of his CV. Although a former civil servant, Lord Kersdale is not impartial. Last year he declared that a Boris premiership would be "an opportunity for disaster". He was an adviser to Jeremy Corbyn on how to prepare for government." Thanks for this telling piece of intelligence go to Charles Moore, Daily Telegraph, today.
I wonder if his time at the Home Office moulded the way they operate now?

Latest Threads