BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
A pedant writes:

Acksherly, both can be correct: 'black as a witches tit' is (apparently) an abbreviation of Cockerknee rhyming slang 'black as a witches tit for tat' = hat.
Bollocks, Cockney rhyming slang uses a max of 3 words, that gets shortened such as plates of meat to plates - feet, apples and pears to pears - stairs, Jeremy Hunt to Jeremy - You!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Deece

Swinger
I wrote to the BBC asking why they did not cover the story in January about Diane Abbot's son who was charged after he assulted police and NHS Staff (Google it) the BBC response:

Senior News staff and editors respond:

“While Diane Abbott is a high profile public figure and Shadow Home Secretary, her son is an independent adult. We needed to consider why it would be justified to report a story about him when the main reason for doing so was his mother’s prominence.

We thought hard about this story and decided not to run it on BBC News because we were not satisfied that there was a sufficient public interest justification for doing so.”

We realise you may disagree, but we hope this explains some of the issues involved when assessing different events for coverage across BBC News. We appreciate the time you’ve taken to share your views too.

Imagine had this been the son of a Forces person or any other Government minister or person in the public domain!!! Not left wing bias by the BBC then?

Bollocks, Cockney rhyming slang uses a max of 3 words, that gets shortened such as plates of meat to plates - feet, apples and pears to pears - stairs, Jeremy Hunt to Jeremy - You!

Unpossible: it is well known that Cockerknees cannot rhyme anything 'cos all their teef are rotten.

One thing I have noticed in BBC News on the TV, whenever there is a life interest story related to the news item it is virtually always from a well off person or family or a middle or upper middle class area.

Deece

Swinger

Ok get it all but most users of the London vernacular (given that I have 3 Brother still living there) tend to use the one word for example pony, syrup, boat, gregory, rub............and many more which I have long forgotton!

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
One thing I have noticed in BBC News on the TV, whenever there is a life interest story related to the news item it is virtually always from a well off person or family or a middle or upper middle class area.
Friends of "reporters"

Asmah Mir. The fun sponge from Saturday Live on R4. Anytime anybody is mid flow in a conversation & is getting remotely near the knuckle, she ALWAYS chimes in with “aaaaannnyyyway!” & kills the dit or joke stone dead.
She even pulls up the Rev Richard Coles. Bint.
She must be a graduate of the Lauren Laverne School of interviewing, such is the mess being made of Desert Island Discs these days

The reason I stopped any involvement with the BBC was because the television and radio news was no longer news but little chat shows or expert opinions from people within the BBC merely in order to self justify jobs.
Spot on. I now suffer a bit of the Today programme in the morning (having left it, I thought permanently, last year).

BBC Breakfast time is a no-no – the amount of fluff and flannel and bollocks is intolerable.

Truxx

LE
The BBC has spent all morning dissing the package announced yesterday (a very generous package at that) for the self-employed. Very little mention of how relieved 95% of self employed will be, just about the 5% who for one reason or another, will fall through this particular safety net.

One thing that I wish could be said and said strongly, is these measures by the Chancellor, for businesses, employees and self-employed are NOT to keep people in the 'manner to which they have become' but to give them some form of income to live on. If someone can't live on £2.5k per month then perhaps they need to revisit their lifestyle and plan accordingly.
Take it from me - the package is pants. Even the 95% is spin - it is not 95% of all self employed apparently, just 95% of those eligible.

wheel

LE
The sooner the BBC tax sorry licence fee is scrapped and it becomes a subscription service the better. There will also be the added bonus of a lot of talent less egotistical over paid tossers on the dole.

Last edited:

Latest Threads