BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Sadurina

Old-Salt
Complaint sent, thus :

Headline : "Wetherspoon boss tells staff to get a job at Tesco"

Text: Tim Martin told 40,000 workers in a video that they should feel free to take jobs at retailers such as Tesco while Wetherspoon pubs remain closed. He said: “If you’re offered a job… if you think it’s a good idea, do it.”

Which is something quite different.

Sargon rather nails it as another, Orwellian move by the left. I suspect like other conservative or ex party members that we dont now or ever classed Baroness Warsi as anything other than. At best a Tory Wet 'Margaret Thatcher's definition' at worst a Liberal Democrat / Labour parties Manchurian Candidate.

This clip needs more exposure, it talks so much sense!!

I so wish I could sleep later on Sunday mornings.
This week we had a "black revolutionary theologian". He was set on this path by being talked about in the third person by two teachers, when he first started school. I think he is about my age and it was quite normal for the time. He also identified more with the West Indian cricket team than the England team when he was about 8 years old. No I didn't get it either.
Next for Mothering Sunday we had a couple of happy clappy women telling us about nurturing their daughters to go on climate protests and follow the path of, wait for it!
Vegetarianism,it may have been veganism, but by this point I couldn't lie there any longer.

Complaint sent, thus :

Headline : "Wetherspoon boss tells staff to get a job at Tesco"

Text: Tim Martin told 40,000 workers in a video that they should feel free to take jobs at retailers such as Tesco while Wetherspoon pubs remain closed. He said: “If you’re offered a job… if you think it’s a good idea, do it.”

Which is something quite different.
Tim is a good bloke

The current lockdown is obviously an excellent opportunity not to pay the TV tax- well I always do it by post but I've had ny daily walk...

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
QT has turned into a tumbril for the sacrificial Tory minister this week. Emily bloody Thornberry doing her soft spoken hatchet job, Fiona Bruce interrupting more than Andrew Marr, the editor of the Lancet calling him a liar... If i was him I'd have told the BBC to ram it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
QT has turned into a tumbril for the sacrificial Tory minister this week. Emily bloody Thornberry doing her soft spoken hatchet job, Fiona Bruce interrupting more than Andrew Marr, the editor of the Lancet calling him a liar... If i was him I'd have told the BBC to ram it.
You sound surprised!

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I went, some 18 months ago, to the hustings/rehearsal/auditions for a new host after Dimblebum was pensioned off (belatedly).

It was obviously going to be one of the wimmin.

They had Mateless / Maitlis (she wasn’t as harpie back then, pre-Newsnight – either a consolation prize, or perhaps a more sought-after role);
and the interrupting sometime Newsnight harpie from Scotland (forgotten her name, but rich - Hubby and she made a lot of money from a tv production company, and she was close to several Labour First Ministers in Scotland).

I preferred Emily, of those two – I was present for one show involving each.

Nobody, so far as I can recall, thought Fifi was a serious candidate.

(There was one woman ‘of colour’ – somebody like Asmah Mir - who seem to be making up the numbers).

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I went, some 18 months ago, to the hustings/rehearsal/auditions for a new host after Dimblebum was pensioned off (belatedly).

They had Mateless / Maitlis (she wasn’t as harpie back then, pre-Newsnight – either a consolation prize, or perhaps a more sought-after role);
and the interrupting sometime Newsnight harpie from Scotland (forgotten her name, but rich - Hubby and she made a lot of money from a tv production company, and she was close to several Labour First Ministers in Scotland).

(There was one woman ‘of colour’ – somebody like Asmah Mir - who seem to be making up the numbers).
Kirstie Wark is the name of the harpie you are looking for.

Asmah Mir. The fun sponge from Saturday Live on R4. Anytime anybody is mid flow in a conversation & is getting remotely near the knuckle, she ALWAYS chimes in with “aaaaannnyyyway!” & kills the dit or joke stone dead.
She even pulls up the Rev Richard Coles. Bint.

. . . anyway, The Great Steersman has (imv) been conspicuously absent from MSM for most of this current national event, apart from a bit of mean-spirited sniping from his humble fastness in That Islington.

Until now:

In summary? Dear Leader won the argument. Again.

I'll leave you to read the rest of this shaft-licking puff piece from the fragrant Laura K.

. . . have a care, though, as it will test your gag reflex to destruction . . .

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
. . . anyway, The Great Steersman has (imv) been conspicuously absent from MSM for most of this current national event, apart from a bit of mean-spirited sniping from his humble fastness in That Islington.

Until now:

In summary? Dear Leader won the argument. Again.

I'll leave you to read the rest of this shaft-licking puff piece from the fragrant Laura K.

. . . have a care, though, as it will test your gag reflex to destruction . . .
Welcome to fantasy disco.

Latest Threads