BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
From the article:
‘The 45-year-old television presenter and journalist has been a beloved presence on our screens for years now and is enjoyed very much by fans of BBC Breakfast.’

Who writes this shit? Not in my name!
Naga Munchetty!

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Meanwhile the beeb continues to pander to some of the third world
Idris Elba blast those wey say black pipo no fit get coronavirus, tok about Sabrina
Completely barking.

Although, with reference to mentions of "Punch" in the Arrse thread about Giles and other cartoonists, I couldn't help but think of that magazine's now politically incorrect column years ago poking fun at Idi Amin of Uganda; I think it was called: "Dis Am Yo President speakin".

Completely barking.

Although, with reference to mentions of "Punch" in the Arrse thread about Giles and other cartoonists, I couldn't help but think of that magazine's now politically incorrect column years ago poking fun at Idi Amin of Uganda; I think it was called: "Dis Am Yo President speakin".
. . . who always had his preferred side arm close to hand, ' . . . de amazin' Webberly .45 . . .'

Apologies for de length of dis ( as de Bishop of Kampala said....) but it's worth a read.

And @ex colonial, you is gettin a mench despite yo bein de rubbish as I was sayin.

This could be a great idea for a BBC retro comedy programme......

De Chrissermuss Broadcast
The Collected Bulletins Of President Idi Amin by Alan Coren (5/12/1973)

DIS DE POINT where we steppin' into de worldwide role good an' proper, on account of dis bein' de tex' o' de pop'lar Xmas Broadcast, goin' out f'om de famous Radio Uganda station in de trendy downtown Kampala to ev'ry corner o' de world always provided we gittin' de plugs in proper an' not leavin' no bare wires hangin' out o' de skirtin' in Studio B. which is wot happenin' durin' de birfday broadcast an' it blowin' all de valves out o' de transmitter, had to wait six weeks fo' a new one f'om Hamley's, also all de wattles comin' off of de roof.

De broadcast goin' out at three o'clock pee em on Xmas day, an' de whole popperlation o' Uganda gonna be lissenin' in wid de love an' loyalty an' devotion, on account of we got de detector jeeps out an' anyone still guzzlin' de mince pies at 3.01 gonna find hisself havin' de brandy balls stepped on, not to mention bein' arrested by de ear an' taken down to HQ fo' a touch o' de seasonal goodwill, such as bein' worked over wid a lead-filled turkey. Now, here de scrip', hot f'om de miraculous four-colour Biro:

Hallo word an' all de loyal subberjecks, especially all those on de Wolf Rock Lighthouse an' sim'lar, dis here are President Idi Amin speakin' f'om de centre o' de known universe an' hittin' you wid de Peace on Earf bit, which is jus' us DJs' way o' sayin' dat de time come roun' again fo' gittin' de matchin' socks an' hankies an' turnin' our thoughts to de loved ones wot sendin' dis sort o' junk, can't even be bothered gittin' de size right; jus' as a example, an' showin' dat even de top heads o' state human bein's like anyone else, de fust present I got dis year comin' f'om de Finance Minister an' it takin' de form o' de barf salts, an' wot I'd like to say is, it interestin' to learn he doan like de way I smellin' an' he got to de end o' de broadcast to clear out de desk an' git hisself down de car-park where he takin' up de noo duties, an' damn lucky it Yuletide, else he gittin' de head shrunk on top of it.

Turnin' now to de international scene, wot de hell happenin' to de Queen's Xmas card? I sendin' her de pussonal home-made job, wot I doin' wid de little bits o' sticky coloured paper, an' a damn fiddlin' job, too. If I ain't gittin' de recipperocation by de nex' post, de dipperlomatic representative o' HM Gumment gonna find hisself on de inside lookin' out.

Dis natcherly bringin' me to everyone spendin' Xmas in clink: it de time when we got to think o' those less fortunate than ourselves, so all you in chokey start thinkin' about de ones wot buried in quicklime in de prison yard, still plenty o' room out there fo' de slackers, an' I gittin' de word where a lotta shoddy mailbags bin appearin' lately, an' dis de last time I mentionin' it.

De way I seein' it, Xmas is a time fo' de fambly, an' I lookin' upon de whole word as a fambly, i.e. anyone steppin' out o' line gittin' de head smacked, especially if Julius Nyerere lissenin', altho' I ain't namin' no names, also any o' de Asian brudders wot givin' me lip, all ex-colonial rubbish wot still hangin' about de place, any memmers o' de Ugandan judiciary wot still on de lam, an' any subberjecks goin' roun' mumblin' under their bref.

Wow, lisseners, I jus' catchin' sight o' de studio sundial, an' it 3.10 already, so I signin' off now an' gittin' back to de puddin'. I mean, I'm fo' de peace an' de goodwill stuff as much as de nex' man, but enuff is enuff!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
FFS you couldn't make this up considering all the left wing activists they have on the show/in the audience BBC’s Question Time accused of giving platform to far right
snip "The BBC has been asked to clarify if any efforts are made to “deliberately invite or attract” members of far-right groups to the audience of its flagship political programme, Question Time.
Baroness Warsi and Labour MP Debbie Abrahams have written to the BBC’s director general Tony Hall, asking him to consider also introducing a new code of conduct for panelists and the audience, and to stop sharing inflammatory videos from the show on social media.
It follows the BBC’s decision last month to upload on Twitter comments made by one recent audience member who claimed migrants “were flooding in” to the UK and costing public services too much."

FFS you couldn't make this up considering all the left wing activists they have on the show/in the audience BBC’s Question Time accused of giving platform to far right
snip "The BBC has been asked to clarify if any efforts are made to “deliberately invite or attract” members of far-right groups to the audience of its flagship political programme, Question Time.
Baroness Warsi and Labour MP Debbie Abrahams have written to the BBC’s director general Tony Hall, asking him to consider also introducing a new code of conduct for panelists and the audience, and to stop sharing inflammatory videos from the show on social media.
It follows the BBC’s decision last month to upload on Twitter comments made by one recent audience member who claimed migrants “were flooding in” to the UK and costing public services too much."
I agree with you 110 %.

You can trust the Guardian to come out with such twaddle.

And tucked away in the weeds of the story:

A separate study found that the Observer and Guardian were the most trusted print and digital news brands among publishers, and more than 80% of readers now say they most trust the shared online site, visited by more than 24 million unique users on several days last week. :):):):)

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Okay, look at who was asking. This is another attempt to cement control over MSM. Anyone deemed 'far right' has to be excluded. Anyone 'near right' has to be excluded, lest they be deemed to be 'far right' by someone who's of a nervous leftist leaning.

Meanwhile, any on-message Bolshevik is welcome.

The point is that there is nothing wrong with inviting someone from the right onto the show, even if their views are abhorrent. There's this thing called 'balance' which the BBC drones on about endlessly. I hope therefore that it emphatically rejects the question as absurd.

My hope is of course absurd in itself, as the BBC is so woke it will do no such thing.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I agree with you 110 %.

You can trust the Guardian to come out with such twaddle.

And tucked away in the weeds of the story:

A separate study found that the Observer and Guardian were the most trusted print and digital news brands among publishers, and more than 80% of readers now say they most trust the shared online site, visited by more than 24 million unique users on several days last week. :):):):)
Who paid for that survey?

Sargon rather nails it as another, Orwellian move by the left. I suspect like other conservative or ex party members that we dont now or ever classed Baroness Warsi as anything other than. At best a Tory Wet 'Margaret Thatcher's definition' at worst a Liberal Democrat / Labour parties Manchurian Candidate.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Emily Matlis trying her very best tonight to get any controversy into this and to get politicians to denounce the Prime Minister. Her questions are so pointed that if they were any sharper they would come through the screen. Even Chucklebutty was struggling to answer and not look like a bitter anti Boris - Matlis is a toad who instead of taking the conversation down the route of how the population should deal with this spent her time on her own personal agenda. Luckily the people chosen for interview, Chucklebutty, Alan Johnson and David Lidington saw this and answered the questions Matlis should have asked!

Emily Matlis trying her very best tonight to get any controversy into this and to get politicians to denounce the Prime Minister. Her questions are so pointed that if they were any sharper they would come through the screen. Even Chucklebutty was struggling to answer and not look like a bitter anti Boris - Matlis is a toad who instead of taking the conversation down the route of how the population should deal with this spent her time on her own personal agenda. Luckily the people chosen for interview, Chucklebutty, Alan Johnson and David Lidington saw this and answered the questions Matlis should have asked!
She is not a key worker.
Should stay at home.
(Or come to mine, for exercises).

Time for Question Time to get the favoured approach of our local Vet - ‘bump it’.

Latest Threads