BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Although not the BBC, Iain Dale has been subjected to it on GMB/ITV. He walked out half way through

View attachment 452408

I stopped listening to Radio 5 in the afternoons some time ago (roughly when Arthanayake took over the slot)
When presenters want to become the news, it's time they stopped presenting.

I stopped listening to Radio 5 in the afternoons some time ago (roughly when Arthanayake took over the slot)
When presenters want to become the news, it's time they stopped presenting.
He is beyond unbearable and should be hoofed back to Radio 1 where he belongs. Come on Radio 5, there are enough radio channels for the ‘yoof’ ffs! On the plus side, I am becoming reacquainted with some of my classic Rock music.

He is beyond unbearable and should be hoofed back to Radio 1 where he belongs. Come on Radio 5, there are enough radio channels for the ‘yoof’ ffs! On the plus side, I am becoming reacquainted with some of my classic Rock music.
The state of the radio and media in general has weaned me on to listening to audio books. It is very soothing not having to listen to hysterical news bulletins every 15 minutes telling you the same thing, you know, Boris and Trump are Beelzebub.

Although not the BBC, Iain Dale has been subjected to it on GMB/ITV. He walked out half way through

View attachment 452408

Have YOU been bullied in the workplace?

Call 0800-NOFEENOWIN and speak to our associates who can help you sue the bastards.

The state of the radio and media in general has weaned me on to listening to audio books. It is very soothing not having to listen to hysterical news bulletins every 15 minutes telling you the same thing, you know, Boris and Trump are Beelzebub.
I listen to the headlines and that is that.
The actual level of the bbc is now lower than juvenile.

View attachment 452408

The person out of tune with the current progressive narrative, still wants a platform to expouse their views and must go into these things with a sense of trepidation.... In this case, you have a super-sandwich, where the supposed middle of the road, isn't anything of the sort and the pressure is thus dialled up even more.

I have seen a few QT panels over the years, where the tory is of the grieve wing of the party and your business type is pretty wet, leaving the noxious person completely unsettled and feeling the hostility. It takes a very tough character to be able to still think and function in that hothouse of hate.

[THREAD DRIFT]

Heh, young kids.

A friend of mine works for a large company in the oil sector. At the moment, senior management are having to do all their own photocopying and admin because an edict has come down from on high which states that to ask the youngsters to do it is 'demeaning'.

Doctrine is making society unworkable.

[/THREAD DRIFT]

I think many of us have floated the idea in one form or another that the "Doctrine is making society unworkable" is a deliberate plan, by many on the left from the hard core to the usful idiots... To bring society to such an unworkable state that they can have their 'Violent Revolution'. Morons.

There was absolutely no need to post that.:)
The semi serious side to my reply was that a few years ago it was reported that potential recruits were being rejected as obese when they were in fact muscled up, what the Army needed.
The numbers waddling around or in electric scooters is enough to illustrate the problem.
Being 5'9" and 15.5 stone in weight in my early 30's got my application for Hampshire Constabulary thrown out as I was deemed overweight. By their figures I was about 2 stone overweight, even my Doctor remarked I was a bit overweight.

The raw data doesn't illustrate that I was carrying no extra fat at all as I was in the build up for my black belt grading and most likely fitter than I had ever been before or since.
A tad annoying as I later became a Special & some of the Oompa Loompas undergoing training & later being accepted as a Regular PC was laughable.

Aye. I’ve a BMI of over 25 at 5’10” and a 32in waist.

But, in general, BMI is a good rough indicator. In fact, as obesity has worse it’s notable that people are more and more ready to dismiss BMIs (“Yes, you, fatty!”)
I've got quite used to dismissing BMI personally, there's types of people it applies to and types it doesn't but it's still used as a blanket measurement. I was once told, in the late 90's by an NHS nurse who had to pass through a doorway sideways that my BMI was very high because I was heavily overweight, I was 6' 2", 17 stone and mildly (for me) overweight but still easily passed physical tests. She informed me that for my height I should be 13 Stone, I informed her that in the early 80's when I was in Woolwich hospital with suspected cancer I went from 15 stone to 13 stone in a few weeks, I looked like a Biafran reject and my ribs were very evident as were the bones in my face. Needless to say she was not impressed with my attitude and I wasn't with hers so never went back to her "Health Clinic".

I'm now about the same height, quite a bit heavier but a lot healthier eating and less of it plus avoidance of alcohol is seeing my weight slowly, too slowly, come down, blood pressure and cholesterol is under control, hair on my head is growing back because of the lack of stress compared to before my MD so by the time I snuff it I'll probably fit into the BMI structure, or at least I will after cremation :)

At 62 I've lived a life and couldn't give a rats Arrse if someone thinks I'm fat, we've all got to die sometime as we've been dying since before we were born so why GAF just enjoy life!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Being 5'9" and 15.5 stone in weight in my early 30's got my application for Hampshire Constabulary thrown out as I was deemed overweight. By their figures I was about 2 stone overweight, even my Doctor remarked I was a bit overweight.

The raw data doesn't illustrate that I was carrying no extra fat at all as I was in the build up for my black belt grading and most likely fitter than I had ever been before or since.
A tad annoying as I later became a Special & some of the Oompa Loompas undergoing training & later being accepted as a Regular PC was laughable.
Cheer up fatty, have a doughnut! ;)

1582812479367.png

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Watched this. Fully understand why he bailed, but it would have been awesome had he actually called them out really loudly.

But that's our problem, every now and again the silent majority do get a chance to stick it to these types, recent elections for example, but for the most part we just mutter under our breath and let them get on with it.

I'm so pleased I'm now able to just say what I like, I can't be sacked, don't care if I'm not liked by the sorts that will be offended, it's very liberating.
Yes, agreed. But look at it again:

He was outnumbered two to one. Why wasn't it a one-on-one or a two-on-two?

He was continually shouted over. There was no debate as such, and calling them out was going to be very difficult given that he was the ping-pong ball in the middle. The moment he started to address one point, the person on the other side would chip in.

What was especially galling was the smugness of the two left when he stormed out. They were clearly delighted to have achieved something.

It was badly conceived in the first place and the presenters weren't in control of the situation either.

Yes, agreed. But look at it again:

He was outnumbered two to one. Why wasn't it a one-on-one or a two-on-two?

He was continually shouted over. There was no debate as such, and calling them out was going to be very difficult given that he was the ping-pong ball in the middle. The moment he started to address one point, the person on the other side would chip in.

What was especially galling was the smugness of the two left when he stormed out. They were clearly delighted to have achieved something.

It was badly conceived in the first place and the presenters weren't in control of the situation either.
Which rather leads one to the conclusion "The Presenters" are either complicit or incompetent, if I am being charitable... It is also possible that they are both.

I am finding more and more that many institutions, be they Government or NGO display many of the same levels of either being complicit in deliberately fcuking things up or display a level of incompetence that would make them unsuitable as 'Ammo Donkeys' unless supervised.

I had to show a 'Staff Nurse' :x how it was possible the other day to protect some of the dressings on my fathers feet using tubigrip.

edit spelling grammar

Last edited:

Latest Threads