BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

I'm not sure about that. In the BBC newsroom I'm sitting in at the moment there are at least 5 News Editors, all of whom have individual views combined the capacity to 'influence' the output of their respective programmes.

As a matter what capacity were you working?
I was watching county cricket yesterday with a Beeb News veteran.
He is at the amusedly cynical stage with his colleagues now, especially the ones built for having children.
Told a lovely tale of a senior female manager, going into the room of a female producer (who my mate goes to bed with) and venting about "these ******* within I have
to deal with"

More even-handed reporting/propaganda from the tax-funded pro-Eu pressure group:

'I am angry and the future scares me'
I'm laughing at the Beeb's Daily Snowflake Morning News For The ADHD Generation which keeps referring to President Trump's policy of keeping "refugee children" in "cages".

I haven't spotted Dimbles The Bear or the bloodstained plimsoll yet.

It's only a matter of time, though.

I'm laughing at the Beeb's Daily Snowflake Morning News For The ADHD Generation which keeps referring to President Trump's policy of keeping "refugee children" in "cages".

From that BBC article:
"I felt like the 50% that voted for Brexit didn't want immigrants here. Most of it is to do with racism,"
I'm sure she was told by the BBC idiot interviewing her that being concerned about unfettered immigration isn't the same as racism....so many of the dummies fail to understand this.

Latest from the BBC.

Voldemort was hoping for a new gender-neutral class of passports to be introduced;

Gender-neutral passport bid refused

Another crushing blow, JK Rowling has been contacted however she had no further comments.
On this particular stunt. It would be all very well issuing such a passport but I can see it leading to tears if she/he rocks up at the desk in Murtala Mohammed Airport in Lagos.

True. People on Social Media are comparing the facilities to Concentration Camps.
Social media is hyping everything into a crisis.

Latest from the BBC.

Voldemort was hoping for a new gender-neutral class of passports to be introduced;

Gender-neutral passport bid refused

Another crushing blow, JK Rowling has been contacted however she had no further comments.
Not really a comment about the BBC, but I find this case really sad. Can you imagine how miserable your life would have to be for this pursuit to become your number one priority? Probably at considerable personal expense and enormous stress levels as you suffer one legal knock-back after another.

It must be a truly, truly sad and empty existence.

Not really a comment about the BBC, but I find this case really sad. Can you imagine how miserable your life would have to be for this pursuit to become your number one priority? Probably at considerable personal expense and enormous stress levels as you suffer one legal knock-back after another.

It must be a truly, truly sad and empty existence.
One would think you would need to be a bit................mental?

One would think you would need to be a bit................mental?
True. In the past, someone would have told him/her. Now people tolerate all sorts of rubbish because they want to be seen to respect the views of others.
Interestingly, people who pursue these issues (recognition of gender neutrality on passports, etc) are different or want to be distinct from others yet want society to adapt to their difference. If society met their wishes, they wouldn't be different anymore. Would they actually want that? It would kill their 'Look at me I'm unique' argument.

In other news, today's pro-EU march in London is, according to the BBC, the biggest news story. This goes to the point I drone on about a lot - who decides what is news? What gets reported and what gets ignored? One might think that the BBC wants the march to be a success.

True. In the past, someone would have told him/her. Now people tolerate all sorts of rubbish because they want to be seen to respect the views of others.
Regardless of content, it's now a given that on the BBC everybody's view is deserving of "respect" (unless you hold a view contrary to the new mores) . Apparently there is only one permissible point of view on global warming, gay marriage, multiculturalism, immigration, Trump, Syria, food banks, Brexit, and so on.

What galls me is that I actually agree with some of this "received wisdom": IMHO, global warming is a real thing, probably aided at the very least by mankind; gay marriage is a reasonable and timely reflection of the acceptance of a wider range of sexualities than historically; Trump's a twat. However, the denial that there is an argument to the contrary on any of these points, enforced by disparagement of the holder of the aberrant opinion, has evolved into a coded elitist censorship. This appears particularly prevalent on the BBC, both radio and TV.

Conversely, anyone to the left of the political spectrum (or socially liberal) , regardless of how batshit crazy their ideas are will be treated with respect and gentleness, whilst any one who holds small 'c' conservative views is treated as one small step from being the next Pol Pot.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Lunchtime today was spectacular, the 'comment' was a straightforward anti-Trump sermon.

Im no fan of Trump, but it gets to the point now where I feel I could almost vote for him out of sheer bloody mindedness thanks to the liberal tw@terrati. The vitriol has just pushed me away from the anti Trump mob, to the point I just zone out whenever I hear complaints about him..
Wonder if thats happened to others.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Im no fan of Trump, but it gets to the point now where I feel I could almost vote for him out of sheer bloody mindedness thanks to the liberal tw@terrati. The vitriol has just pushed me away from the anti Trump mob, to the point I just zone out whenever I hear complaints about him..
Wonder if thats happened to others.
I know what you mean. Trump just has to appear on a screen, not say anything and the twats will be decrying him.

He is not my favourite POTUS but just remember what we could have got!