BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

I hate to have to admit this on this esteemed site but I too was once a victim of domestic violence in similar circumstances.

My ex once attacked me in my sleep for sleeping with her sister.

That reality was that she had dreamt that I had slept with her sister, woke up, saw me asleep and laid into me. Punches, slaps, hair pulling. Oh, and she screamed a lot, at daft o'clock in the morning.

She did that once, and she soon got her marching orders.
Oh yeah, of course. Was the sister better than your ex?

I hate to have to admit this on this esteemed site but I too was once a victim of domestic violence in similar circumstances.

That reality was that she had dreamt that I had slept with her sister, woke up, saw me asleep and laid into me. Punches, slaps, hair pulling. Oh, and she screamed a lot, at daft o'clock in the morning.

Happened to me too! Not the physical bit but a girlfriend of the time woke up and went mental claiming I'd slept with her mate in her dream and therefore it was true. Some one later told me it could have been the hormones in the pill messing with her head... Thinking back she had terrific mood swings and could be totally irrational. One minute absolutely mental, then full of apologies. I'd forgotten that episode of life. Maybe the late Ms Flack just needed a sit down, a cup of tea and a long chat with someone?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

And if you understandably snapped her neck during this unprovoked assault the law would have got all teary.
PC gone mad.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Fascinating: absolutely no mention of the huge (£7bn?) direct loan from the UK - it was just the EU and IMF that bailed them out. How could they omit our contribution in an article like this?

You must know by now that the UK is the most evil country on the planet.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

Chuckling.

A year or so back, SWMBO - normally a very level individual - was acting oddly one day. Eventually, I asked why. She admitted that she’d had a dream in which I’d been cheating.

I pointed out that it was just a dream, that it wasn’t real - which got, “Yes, but I’m still mad at you.”

Women, cats and opinion polls. Never try to understand any of them.

Happened to me too! Not the physical bit but a girlfriend of the time woke up and went mental claiming I'd slept with her mate in her dream and therefore it was true. Some one later told me it could have been the hormones in the pill messing with her head... Thinking back she had terrific mood swings and could be totally irrational. One minute absolutely mental, then full of apologies. I'd forgotten that episode of life. Maybe the late Ms Flack just needed a sit down, a cup of tea and a long chat with someone?
Me also but all I got was a week of radio silence before I found out why.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Chuckling.

A year or so back, SWMBO - normally a very level individual - was acting oddly one day. Eventually, I asked why. She admitted that she’d had a dream in which I’d been cheating.

I pointed out that it was just a dream, that it wasn’t real - which got, “Yes, but I’m still mad at you.”

Women, cats and opinion polls. Never try to understand any of them.
Turn it back on her and say it is her guilty conscience making this dream and it must be her contemplating a bit of extra marital nookie. :)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Me also but all I got was a week of radio silence before I found out why.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
I used to love the periods of radio silence, peace and quiet. She always thought she was punishing me but it was pure bliss! :). I carried on as normal addressing her in the same way as usual, same tone of voice and just left her to it.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Some one later told me it could have been the hormones in the pill messing with her head... Thinking back she had terrific mood swings and could be totally irrational. One minute absolutely mental, then full of apologies
Nothing unusual there. That seems to be the norm for all females.

Fascinating: absolutely no mention of the huge (£7bn?) direct loan from the UK - it was just the EU and IMF that bailed them out. How could they omit our contribution in an article like this?

I, like many were rather put out by the loan, but as you say, the fact we don't even get a mite of credit for extending them credit, is as ever, the reason why we are at such odds with the BBC.

RT - can broadcast pro-russian propaganda all day long and I salute them.
Sky News - can broadcast a message that isn't that far from the BBC and I can cancel its subscription.
Fox - can broadcast pro-Trump propaganda all day long and I salute them.
CNN - ditto for the democrats and again its fine with me.

But, the BBC demand my money to pump out a message which is almost always detrimental about the UK and sees all things foreign as marvellous and I find no legal course of action, without ditching the box or compromising my morality and abeyence to the law.

I used to love the periods of radio silence, peace and quiet. She always thought she was punishing me but it was pure bliss! :). I carried on as normal addressing her in the same way as usual, same tone of voice and just left her to it.
Ah, but just like on those long BAOR Exercises of yore, I always shudder at the memory of the chaos that followed when Radio Silence was lifted! :grin:

I've heard similar stories before that always baffled me, women dreaming about things their partner did & then getting a cob on with them about it. Usually just the silent treatment and that nonsense of being angry but not telling you why.

"Well if you don't know what you did I'm not going to tell you!" - Nice logic cupcake, don't hold your breath waiting for me to give a shit.

When it turns to them using violence it's a sure sign to get rid.

Published by: Charlotte Tobitt, pressgazette, on 18 February 2020.

BBC backs presenter who described Brexit night crowd as 'very white' after complaints

The BBC has backed a presenter who described the Brexit night event in Parliament Square as “very white” after the comment received more than 200 complaints.

Geeta Guru-Murthy (pictured) presented a Brexit night special on the BBC News Channel on 31 January as revellers gathered in Westminster to mark the moment the UK left the EU.

But 209 people complained to the BBC that Guru-Murthy described the Leave-supporting crowd’s lack of racial diversity.

In an interview with three Brexiteer women, in which one of them said Brexit had meant she could now be proud of the Union Jack, she said: “It’s a very white crowd, mostly.”

In a public response to the complaints, the BBC said Guru-Murthy “used the comment about the ethnicity of the crowd to move the discussion onto immigration and Brexit supporters’ desire for more controls”.

It said she did so after she and her producer spoke to a number of attendees of the event both on and off-air throughout the evening and were told the “main issue offered for why they supported Brexit was more control on immigration”.

The BBC said: “Her question was whether this desire for more immigration controls had the effect of not being welcoming to black and ethnic minority people – which had been an issue that was discussed during and after the referendum campaign and a reasonable question on the night the UK was leaving the EU. So commenting on the ethnic mix of the crowd was giving context to the question.

“We should point out that none of the three of the women interviewed was unhappy during or after the interview about the line of questioning.”

Talkradio presenter Julia Hartley-Brewer shared a clip of the interview on Twitter the next day, saying: “BBC reporter to Brexiteers celebrating in Parliament Square: ‘It’s a very white crowd’.

“When she reports at the Notting Hill Carnival, does she point out the “very black crowd” to the people she interviews too?”

The BBC also pointed out that Guru-Murthy had interviewed numerous Brexit-supporting members of the public and politicians over the course of the night, including former Brexit Party MEP Ann Widdecombe.

The incident came six months after broadcast regulator Ofcom dismissed more than 2,600 complaints about a similar comment from Channel 4 News anchor Jon Snow.

Snow was reporting live from College Green in Westminster, near where a number of Brexit rallies and protests were taking place, in March last year when he said he had “never seen so many white people in one place”.

Despite claims the comment was racist and offensive, the regulator ruled that it had been “sufficiently contextualised” and therefore not in breach of the Broadcasting Code.

The BBC also received a further 238 complaints that its news coverage of Britain leaving the EU on 31 January was biased against Brexit.

The BBC’s Guru-Murthy is sister to Krishnan at Channel 4 News.

1582199395627.png

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This is ridiculous. When will people realise that only white people can be racist, no black/coloured/non-white or whatever designation they are using, can be racist in any way whatsoever!

Published by: Charlotte Tobitt, pressgazette, on 18 February 2020.

BBC backs presenter who described Brexit night crowd as 'very white' after complaints

The BBC has backed a presenter who described the Brexit night event in Parliament Square as “very white” after the comment received more than 200 complaints.

Geeta Guru-Murthy (pictured) presented a Brexit night special on the BBC News Channel on 31 January as revellers gathered in Westminster to mark the moment the UK left the EU.

But 209 people complained to the BBC that Guru-Murthy described the Leave-supporting crowd’s lack of racial diversity.

In an interview with three Brexiteer women, in which one of them said Brexit had meant she could now be proud of the Union Jack, she said: “It’s a very white crowd, mostly.”

In a public response to the complaints, the BBC said Guru-Murthy “used the comment about the ethnicity of the crowd to move the discussion onto immigration and Brexit supporters’ desire for more controls”.

It said she did so after she and her producer spoke to a number of attendees of the event both on and off-air throughout the evening and were told the “main issue offered for why they supported Brexit was more control on immigration”.

The BBC said: “Her question was whether this desire for more immigration controls had the effect of not being welcoming to black and ethnic minority people – which had been an issue that was discussed during and after the referendum campaign and a reasonable question on the night the UK was leaving the EU. So commenting on the ethnic mix of the crowd was giving context to the question.

“We should point out that none of the three of the women interviewed was unhappy during or after the interview about the line of questioning.”

Talkradio presenter Julia Hartley-Brewer shared a clip of the interview on Twitter the next day, saying: “BBC reporter to Brexiteers celebrating in Parliament Square: ‘It’s a very white crowd’.

“When she reports at the Notting Hill Carnival, does she point out the “very black crowd” to the people she interviews too?”

The BBC also pointed out that Guru-Murthy had interviewed numerous Brexit-supporting members of the public and politicians over the course of the night, including former Brexit Party MEP Ann Widdecombe.

The incident came six months after broadcast regulator Ofcom dismissed more than 2,600 complaints about a similar comment from Channel 4 News anchor Jon Snow.

Snow was reporting live from College Green in Westminster, near where a number of Brexit rallies and protests were taking place, in March last year when he said he had “never seen so many white people in one place”.

Despite claims the comment was racist and offensive, the regulator ruled that it had been “sufficiently contextualised” and therefore not in breach of the Broadcasting Code.

The BBC also received a further 238 complaints that its news coverage of Britain leaving the EU on 31 January was biased against Brexit.

The BBC’s Guru-Murthy is sister to Krishnan at Channel 4 News.

View attachment 451153

As ever Julia H-B nails it. Just imagine the outrage and spittle if, say, Andrew Neill mentioned it is a ‘very black crowd’ at the Notting Hill Carnival. I suspect he would be looking for a new job.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
This is ridiculous. When will people realise that only white people can be racist, no black/coloured/non-white or whatever designation they are using, can be racist in any way whatsoever!
That is usually described (by the BBC) as being racist in the right way and not the "white way".

Latest Threads