BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Caroline Flack killed herself on Saturday. A minor sleb but the BBC are still reporting this, five days after the event! No doubt they will soon be promoting a Caroline Flack Day. :rolleyes:

Tragedy to her family, certainly. Tragedy to the nation - absofuckinlutely not!
Fear not,
They managed to squeeze in some really important news yesterday lunch time with a report about how trans folk awaiting gender reassignment are having to wait a long time for prescription drugs and consequently, some are self medicating.

Blanket coverage even in the Telegraph. It's almost like we don't have enough real news*.

*Qualifier: the suicide of a TV presenter is news, but arguably only as newsworthy as any other suicide. Harsh, but fair.

I think that the excessive coverage is prompted in part by a feeling of suppressed guilt felt by the media which gave the original court hearing such - yes, excessive coverage.

And the same media which now participates in a blame game involving others - social media, the police and the CPS. (and inevitably, as @dogmeat half-jokes, Brexit)

Next in line may be climate change.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I think that the excessive coverage is prompted in part by a feeling of suppressed guilt felt by the media which gave the original court hearing such - yes, excessive coverage.

And the same media which now participates in a blame game involving others - social media, the police and the CPS. (and inevitably, as @dogmeat half-jokes, Brexit)

Next in line may be climate change.
Diana syndrome. They may be a part of the problem but mawkishness sells.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If Flack's boyfriend had assaulted her then went on to top himself would he be seen as the hero/victim, or are we seeing the current norm of snowflake knee-jerk reaction?

I am so glad that television* remote controls were invented!

*I was going to put TV remote but you barstewards would have taken that the wrong way! :cool:

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
If Flack's boyfriend had assaulted her then went on to top himself would he be seen as the hero/victim, or are we seeing the current norm of snowflake knee-jerk reaction?

I am so glad that television* remote controls were invented!

*I was going to put TV remote but you barstewards would have taken that the wrong way! :cool:
I believe that if the genders were reversed he'd have been in the ka-ka.

Death of Lady Flack - however tragic, becomes a political vehicle to hound the media and force it to adopt SJW speech patterns. Whilst avoiding the obvious argument that if caroline had being a bloke, we would be broadcast a wholly different story.
Flack, was like the rest of her peers, and sadly the impressionable & needy young of today, dependent on being popular and displaying a false image of perfection.

Sadly, if she had just embraced the real world, and stepped away from certain aspects of social media or stopped reading about herself in the MSM, she may have had a better mental health.

She's in reality a victim of today's society of self-publicising and instant gratification, and the fall out of is being deemed negative is self-harm, a low self-esteem and as we see quite often, suicide.

Last edited:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Flack, was like the rest of her peers, and sadly the impressionable & needy young of today, dependent on being popular and displaying a false image of perfection.

Sadly, if she had just embraced the real world, and stepped away from certain aspects of social media or stopped reading about herself in the MSM, she may have had a better mental health.

She's in reality a victim of today's society of self-publicising and instant gratification, and the fall out of is being deemed negative is self-harm, a low self-esteem and as we quite often, suicide.
The conceit of 'everybody's perfect' versus 'nobody's perfect'.

Someone called Dave said the PM is racist and black youths have to work twice as hard to achieve the same as white youths.
News, that is.
Some ‘music expert’ on the BBC who I have never heard of said this morning that we will now all know who Dave is.
Nope, no intention of reading up on some monotonous rapper who is calling the PM a racist. Hopefully ‘Dave’ will return to welcome obscurity very soon.

Last edited:
Some ‘music expert’ on the BBC who I have never heard of said this morning that we will now all know who Dave is.
Nope, no intention on reading up on some monotonous rapper who is calling the PM a racist. Hopefully ‘Dave’ will return to welcome obscurity very soon.
Not working well for Mr Cameron then..

Caroline Flack killed herself on Saturday. A minor sleb but the BBC are still reporting this, five days after the event! No doubt they will soon be promoting a Caroline Flack Day. :rolleyes:

Tragedy to her family, certainly. Tragedy to the nation - absofuckinlutely not!
As is every other news (?) reporting medium. ITV, Sky, Telegraph, Mail and all the other papers.

Now, until this happened I hadn't even heard of the bint. Tragedy for the family and friends but I do agree that it is being blown up rather a lot. Just not by the BBC alone, though.

Someone called Dave said the PM is racist and black youths have to work twice as hard to achieve the same as white youths.
News, that is.
My wife was watching the brits last night and she told me at 10, that it was a completely talent free zone. I was rather impressed with her, until she then told me that love island was about to come on and I could put the remote down..... Bloody womans rights.

As is every other news (?) reporting medium. ITV, Sky, Telegraph, Mail and all the other papers.

Now, until this happened I hadn't even heard of the bint. Tragedy for the family and friends but I do agree that it is being blown up rather a lot. Just not by the BBC alone, though.
As she made her name mainly on ITV based reality shows, I suspect the grief fest on the Commercial channels is even worse than on the BBC. Thank goodness I never tune in to ITV (except for Endeavour)!

Nope, no intention on reading up on some monotonous rapper who is calling the PM a racist. Hopefully ‘Dave’ will return to welcome obscurity very soon.
Trouble is, he’ll probably be held up by certain folks as the new messiah. Like that other walloper, Breezey? Blowhard? No, Stormzy! That’s the clown.

Latest Threads