BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

I saw that too. She could barely hold back her contempt for the bloke.
True colours shining through.
I can’t stand her anyway. She’s another one who sued the BBC over her earnings & still keeps a job there.
She resigned - big drum roll ......
A lady of principle.
Hang on, she resigned as China Editor - a proper job.
It waddles back to London, gets paid more after a prolonged whinge that the usual suspects endorsed....and now her bosses (know one of them, a pissed off female) have to wedge her into various London gigs.
And they wonder why we have had a gutful of their entitled habits.

She resigned - big drum roll ......
A lady of principle.
Hang on, she resigned as China Editor - a proper job.
It waddles back to London, gets paid more after a prolonged whinge that the usual suspects endorsed....and now her bosses (know one of them, a pissed off female) have to wedge her into various London gigs.
And they wonder why we have had a gutful of their entitled habits.
I wonder if she had to pay her own air fare back to this country after resigning? On second thoughts, as she's still appears to be "employed" by the BBC, that would be a Business Class seat paid for out of the Beeb's coffers.

I wonder if she had to pay her own air fare back to this country after resigning? On second thoughts, as she's still appears to be "employed" by the BBC, that would be a Business Class seat paid for out of the Beeb's coffers.
On top of the flat the Beeb rented for her in one of the best Peking suburbs

She wasn't in China, she was based in London. I've read a number of suggestions that the reason she was paid less than her male counterparts was that she was hardly ever, if ever, actually out of country, unlike every single one of her male counterparts. She epitomises the very worst of this whole equality mallarkey, not doing as much as the male element, but demanding the same pay.

I genuinely thought she was based in China - her being fluent in Mandarin- and occasionally made the odd shopping trip back to UK. Does that mean her reports were recorded in front of a green screen in London and the background added later?

It can be publically funded through voluntary subscription.
If people feel strongly for it, they can cough for it. I'm quite sure the cash flow will swamp them.
Like an opt out?

If the beeb are so intent on “matching“ correspondents to location in order to demonstrate affinity and “frontline reporting”, why not subject a few to coronavirus - for added realism? Like they do in Africa, if country concerned won’t let them in, they go to the nearest next one to report...if they can’t dose them up with coronavirus..,then maybe a touch of TB or botulism??

just imagine...BBCs China correspondent, reporting live with an intravenous drip attached

TamH70

MIA
If the beeb are so intent on “matching“ correspondents to location in order to demonstrate affinity and “frontline reporting”, why not subject a few to coronavirus - for added realism? Like they do in Africa, if country concerned won’t let them in, they go to the nearest next one to report...if they can’t dose them up with coronavirus..,then maybe a touch of TB or botulism??
Nah, Porton Down always needs new test subjects. How can we learn how to properly fight Novichock if we don't make some of our own and douse some of the Beeb's more egregious lackwits in copious amounts of it. You know, for science!!!

I genuinely thought she was based in China - her being fluent in Mandarin- and occasionally made the odd shopping trip back to UK. Does that mean her reports were recorded in front of a green screen in London and the background added later?
Maybe what I read was BS, but the overall feeling I got was that she didn't spend a lot of time away from London. Maybe @bigeye can shed some light on the subject.

Emily M can speak Mandarin.

So did I !
Chinese ex-husband, 2 children with him....

It looks, from multiple reports, as if the government is serious about the BBC becoming a subscription service. The Guardian has an article, here:

Excerpt:

'The Sunday Times quoted a senior source as saying that the broadcaster could be forced to sell off most of its radio stations in a “massive pruning back” of its activities.

The source told the paper that Boris Johnson was “really strident” on the need for serious reform. They said there would be a consultation on replacing the licence fee with a subscription model, adding: “We will whack it.”

The paper said that the number of BBC television channels could also be reduced, the website scaled back and stars banned from cashing in on well-paid second jobs.

This potential attack will be seen as a further escalation of the hostilities between No 10 and the corporation, with many Tories still angry at its coverage of last year’s general election. The government is already consulting on proposals to decriminalise non-payment of the licence fee, and ministers have suggested it could be abolished altogether when the BBC’s charter comes up for renewal in 2027.

It was reported that the review will be led by former culture secretary John Whittingdale, who was reappointed to his old department in last week’s reshuffle.'

The Sunday Times quoted one source as saying: “We are not bluffing on the licence fee. We are having a consultation and we will whack it. It has got to be a subscription model. They’ve got hundreds of radio stations, they’ve got all these TV stations and a massive website. The whole thing needs massive pruning back.'

Never mind mincing around until 2027, how about action this day?

Give the BBC 3 months notice to sort their shit out and then bin the licence fee.
I have no doubt whatsoever that with such a plethora of talent, they will weather the storm.

It looks, from multiple reports, as if the government is serious about the BBC becoming a subscription service. The Guardian has an article, here:

Excerpt:

'The Sunday Times quoted a senior source as saying that the broadcaster could be forced to sell off most of its radio stations in a “massive pruning back” of its activities.

The source told the paper that Boris Johnson was “really strident” on the need for serious reform. They said there would be a consultation on replacing the licence fee with a subscription model, adding: “We will whack it.”

The paper said that the number of BBC television channels could also be reduced, the website scaled back and stars banned from cashing in on well-paid second jobs.

This potential attack will be seen as a further escalation of the hostilities between No 10 and the corporation, with many Tories still angry at its coverage of last year’s general election. The government is already consulting on proposals to decriminalise non-payment of the licence fee, and ministers have suggested it could be abolished altogether when the BBC’s charter comes up for renewal in 2027.

It was reported that the review will be led by former culture secretary John Whittingdale, who was reappointed to his old department in last week’s reshuffle.'

The Sunday Times quoted one source as saying: “We are not bluffing on the licence fee. We are having a consultation and we will whack it. It has got to be a subscription model. They’ve got hundreds of radio stations, they’ve got all these TV stations and a massive website. The whole thing needs massive pruning back.'

Hmm .. never mind all that malarkey our favourite political party & its possible "soon to be leader", the fragrant Ms "wrong daily" has a cunning plan ..

Hmm .. never mind all that malarkey our favourite political party & its possible "soon to be leader", the fragrant Ms "wrong daily" has a cunning plan ..
The Labour Party are sounding more and more like some dodgy African communist party. Soon they'll be advocating people's courts of justice.

Latest Threads