BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

It's the Grauniad of course...

Dominic Cummings’s thinktank called for the “end of the BBC in its current form” and suggested rightwingers should work to undermine the credibility of the broadcaster, branding it the “mortal enemy” of the Conservative party.

Awol

LE
Therefore you are a criminal but not found out! :D :p:D
If it happened again today, I'd put my hands up to it and relish my day in court proving the BBC's bias.

Afterwards, I might even go back to my hotel for an 'Alan Partridge' moment.

But I'd lock my door first.

I've often wondered what the legal situation would be were I to write to the bbc stating that their product is not worth the 'price' I have to pay. I would make a payment which reflected what I thought was the value to me. The bbc would then have a case against me for debt rather than non payment.

Would they then gave to seek a civil remedy rather than a prosecution?

Could the licence fee be seen as the price of the product or is it something else? Bent is a civil matter is it not?

I’ve not listened to Today in weeks. It must be difficult being boycotted by the government.
They should give that champion of Only Wimmin's Rights, Jess Phillips, a bell, seeing as she suddenly has a great deal of room in her diary for the next five years.

She says she's keen to "hold the government to *account".

*Not her parliamentary expenses account, obvs.

It's the Grauniad of course...

Dominic Cummings’s thinktank called for the “end of the BBC in its current form” and suggested rightwingers should work to undermine the credibility of the broadcaster, branding it the “mortal enemy” of the Conservative party.

The same newspaper in which John Simpson (doyen of the BBC), essentially admitted the BBC occupies the centre ground (his words).. He then cast, the two main parties as opposites and ignored the elephant in the room, which is the BBC is consequently, the media extension of whichever party chooses to occupy the centre.

An entirely neutral broadcaster wouldn't occupy any ground. It should be the equivelent of the queen and be entirely neutral and report the news in a factual way, absent of opinion, excepting a political show dedicated to reflecting all opinions.

The trouble with your ideas on logic is you sit on the same centre ground and pretend your not in the game and everyone is an idiot, extreme or in my case, peddle conspiracy.

The same newspaper in which John Simpson (doyen of the BBC), essentially admitted the BBC occupies the centre ground (his words).. He then cast, the two main parties as opposites and ignored the elephant in the room, which is the BBC is consequently, the media extension of whichever party chooses to occupy the centre.

An entirely neutral broadcaster wouldn't occupy any ground. It should be the equivelent of the queen and be entirely neutral and report the news in a factual way, absent of opinion, excepting a political show dedicated to reflecting all opinions.

The trouble with your ideas on logic is you sit on the same centre ground and pretend your not in the game and everyone is an idiot, extreme or in my case, peddle conspiracy.
Yourself and logic remain strangers. You're also ignoring the point that the right has been attacking the BBC deliberately because of its impariality, preferring a Fox type broadcaster.

The trouble with your responses is that they contain bollocks made up by you abou tme. HTH.

Yourself and logic remain strangers. You're also ignoring the point that the right has been attacking the BBC deliberately because of its impariality, preferring a Fox type broadcaster.

The trouble with your responses is that they contain bollocks made up by you abou tme. HTH.
Its not hard, you just make it hard, because of your nature. Logic:-
1. John Simpson said what he said, I suggest you go and read it before accusing people of talking bollox.
2. The right/left target the BBC because its as J.Simpson said: on the centre ground.
3. Conclusion, who else sits on that centre ground ? is sitting in a weak centre left/right position an automatic hit with the BBC ??
4. Answer, the BBC is entirely biased, if you recognise the third side of the political spectrum is a side in itself.

P.S
The exact quote:-
"The middle ground which the BBC had always inhabited suddenly disappeared; where, after all, is the middle ground between independence or remaining in the United Kingdom, or between staying in the EU or leaving it?"

Last edited:
Not about bias per se but it may be of interest.

Who's up for the BBC top slot?

One of the contenders doesn't have a snowball's chance.
Can you guess which one boys and girls?

Mildly amusing to read the name of the ONLY black contender.

Exactly. We can do all we like to return to the stone age, but while that's going on, volcanoes are erupting and India continues to pollute everything in sight, we are p1ssing in the wind.

Not forgetting probably the biggest problem of all, the massive UNSTEMMED POPULATION GROWTH, which because it is mainly occurring in Asia, Africa & S. America and in populations that are mainly non white & often from 2 major religions Roman Catholicism & the misnamed Religion of Peace, no "woke" person will ever mention, just carry on handwringing blaming "whitey"!

Sharon used to be a dude, right?

Looking at the photos of most of the so called women, there did seem to be lots of wrinkles where their adams apple is!!

Not forgetting probably the biggest problem of all, the massive UNSTEMMED POPULATION GROWTH, which because it is mainly occurring in Asia, Africa & S. America and in populations that are mainly non white & often from 2 major religions Roman Catholicism & the misnamed Religion of Peace, no "woke" person will ever mention, just carry on handwringing blaming "whitey"!

Just like this prat is showing here

Considering UK population growth is almost stagnant, and in other parts of the world population is booming, why is Packham holding up a white baby?

It's almost as if the BBC are saying it's our fault and we should stop breeding altogether.

But they would not be suggesting that, would they?
Image may contain: 2 people, text

They should give that champion of Only Wimmin's Rights, Jess Phillips, a bell, seeing as she suddenly has a great deal of room in her diary for the next five years.

She says she's keen to "hold the government to *account".

*Not her parliamentary expenses account, obvs.
....as soon as she finds her printer.

Latest Threads