BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

He's a contrarian and long been on my Ignore list which is a shame as he used to post interesting stuff.
He appears to be a person who has harboured intense resentment that his opinions are in a minority on the site.. To an extent, he seems to have convinced himself, that as a result we are clueless and not worthy. The fact, the general population elected Boris and others he holds a low opinion of, puts him in a minority off site as well.

Seems like an ideal candidate for a role in the BBC editorial team.

He appears to be a person who has harboured intense resentment that his opinions are in a minority on the site.. To an extent, he seems to have convinced himself, that as a result we are clueless and not worthy. The fact, the general population elected Boris and others he holds a low opinion of, puts him in a minority off site as well.

Seems like an ideal candidate for a role in the BBC editorial team.
Leader of the Labour Party perhaps?

I still listen to The Unbelievable Truth, Clue, Just a Minute, The Museum of Curiosity and accept the stupid anti Trump, Brexit, democracy non jokes. Not much else.
The un funny Southern Irish hypocrite I simply laugh at if I hear him.
He seems to have taken over Jeremy Hardy's place as stupid ranting liar.
Just googled the show. Is this who you mean?
I can't express an opinion as I haven't heard him.

They really can’t help themselves, ticking those boxes! This was the Newspaper reviewer on the sofa this morning. I have no idea what she said, as I was scrambling around looking for my sun glasses! She made Batmangooley look like a conservative dresser.
55C41D07-19FB-4449-82CB-5DEF18A561CD.jpeg

Edited to add. Mea Culpa. Just googled her. She was a child prodigy, who achieved a Masters Degree in Mathematics aged 20. Still not sure about her dress sense though!

Last edited:
They really can’t help themselves, ticking those boxes! This was the Newspaper reviewer on the sofa this morning. I have no idea what she said, as I was scrambling around looking for my sun glasses! She made Batmangooley look like a conservative dresser.
View attachment 444596
Edited to add. Mea Culpa. Just googled her. She was a child prodigy, who achieved a Masters Degree in Mathematics aged 20. Still not sure about her dress sense though!
Encouraging stem for girls and 'non-binary'... Not interested.

encourage everyone or f*ck off.

Worse they're trying to into schools with this divisive ethos.

Are you suggesting the BBC is answerable to the public ? I haven't seen any evidence it listens to anyone but those who spoon feed evidence and facts which reinforce its own bias (not unlike yourself).
That right?

Horses to water and all that.

A lot of BBC presenters are meteorologists, they're doing a climate change special, you can question them in the comments section there.
I am open minded about climate change, support mitigating actions, but very concerned about the issue being hijacked. You seem only in the business to have a pop.
<snigger> Open minded? Sure, your comments were not in the least disparaging towards the BBC in order to curry favour with the posters here. How is raising the fact that it's happening hijacking it?

That right?

Horses to water and all that.

A lot of BBC presenters are meteorologists, they're doing a climate change special, you can question them in the comments section there.

<snigger> Open minded? Sure, your comments were not in the least disparaging towards the BBC in order to curry favour with the posters here. How is raising the fact that it's happening hijacking it?
As I explained to my six year old not so long ago (he seems more clued up than your mean spirited self).... Apologies, mean absolutely nothing if you continue to behave in a way that required the apology in the first place.

I would never consider debating with meteorologists and I rarely bother debating with you for the same reasons i.e. a lack of respect.. With regards the BBC itself, I am compelled to pay for it, so believe I have a right and I mean a RIGHT to argue against it. If you object, then you pay my fee and you never did answer that question i.e. do you have a licence fee ??????????????????????

Anyone see the former BBC head, now NY Times editor at the weekend on Marr Show.... All he was obsessed with was the BBC and its global role, both in generating content and producing the stars that the globe could exploit.

It was a fascinating window into how the progressive elite think and how so much of their own content is fixed on the UK. Listening you would be confused to think that the UK was some backwater nation with a population less than a million and gdp to boot.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
condescension from the BBC
That's the issue, in a nutshell.

And that attitude, dear BBC, misses a couple or three points, mainly that: people aren't less intelligent than you, just because they don't agree with you; some of your viewers are in fact considerably more intelligent than you, and you patronise them at your peril; the vast majority of people, in fact, aren't as thick as you think they are and know that they're being patronised and fed rubbish.

Hmm. Straight after telling us all that climate change is a big issue, Auntie moves seamlessly onto favourite hobby horse number 2.
BBC Briefing: Your guide to immigration

One wonders whether they'll ever get around to tackling things like :

1. Productivity - why it matters to be more productive than competitor countries.
2. State spending - why state spending must be finite and preferably of quantifiable demand.

Instead, fully expect to see something like :

Feeling you should be something else, despite all medical / chromosome evidence to the contrary means that major surgery - even on minors - is a human right and not the result of a mental illness.

Hmm. Straight after telling us all that climate change is a big issue, Auntie moves seamlessly onto favourite hobby horse number 2.
BBC Briefing: Your guide to immigration

One wonders whether they'll ever get around to tackling things like :

1. Productivity - why it matters to be more productive than competitor countries.
2. State spending - why state spending must be finite and preferably of quantifiable demand.

Instead, fully expect to see something like :

Feeling you should be something else, despite all medical / chromosome evidence to the contrary means that major surgery - even on minors - is a human right and not the result of a mental illness.
Trains not running on time - check its privilege, the climate, or confirm it still identifies as a train...
School league tables - check the privilege of students, the climate impact statement, or confirm identification.
Crime and Punishment - check privilege, the climate the little darlings swim in and confirm its identity.

What amuses about the BBC is its ability to link every issue that exists and watch it link to its bingo set of underlying reasons and the conclusion that some racism is certainly at play.

Or a lesbian using a dildo. What's up with that? You don't want cock but get an artificial one.
As was explained to me by a very beautiful and sexy German lesbian in Osnabuck in 1978, it is not that they don't like cock, they don't fancy men.
And no my kind offer wasn't taken up but I continued to be welcome in the bar.
For those of you who served in Osnabruck in the late '70's it was the pub which often had a WWII Mercedes staff car in gloss mustard brown with gloss back wheel arches parked outside.
The lass in question owned the car and the bar.

Latest Threads