BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Wasn't Hitler Vegan? Tells you all you need to know..
In nazi German's defence, the trains ran on time and there is not one reported case of a hired VHS not been re-round

GreyArea

War Hero
Can we f*ck this vegan sh*te off in to a dedicated thread please and get back to the question of the BBC and it's bias.

Here's one for you that I heard on the Radio 4 PM show today.

Actor Derek Fowlds, known to millions for playing Bernard Woolley in Yes Minister / Yes Prime Minister died today at the age of 82.

The Radio 4 PM show decided to play a couple of his finest moments in tribute, the best of which was the famous "Who reads the papers?" monologue by Jim Hacker.

However.

When the clip was played on the PM show the line

"The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country"

was cut out thus dropping one of the biggest laughs in the clip and leaving the flow and rhythm of the monologue totally disturbed before Bernard Woolley drops the killer punch line.

(It's at 55 minutes)

Now I'm normally of the opinion that if both sides of the political spectrum are whinging about the BBC's political coverage then they are doing a reasonable enough job however that blatant cut of an extremely funny line in one of the finest examples of political comedy monologue ever written (IMO) shows that someone in the editorial suite has most definitely allowed their political bias to come to the fore thus confirming my suspicions (at least for the PM show) that the BBC leans more than a bit to the left.

(And don't get me started on the p*ss poor Radio 4 6.30pm "comedy" slot...)

I've fired off a complaint about the cut but no doubt I'll get a mealy mouthed reply about libel or programme timing (it cut 5 seconds from the running time ffs) but as you can see from the link you can still view the clip on their own BBC Studios page on YouTube, watch the repeat on the Yesterday Channel and purchase the DVD of the Yes Prime Minister series as well as read the line in the collected scripts, (published by the BBC!) so the libel excuse doesn't hold any water.

Last edited:
Can we f*ck this vegan sh*te off in to a dedicated thread please and get back to the question of the BBC and it's bias.

Here's one for you that I heard on the Radio 4 PM show today.

Actor Derek Fowlds, known to millions for playing Bernard Woolley in Yes Minister / Yes Prime Minister died today at the age of 82.

The Radio 4 PM show decided to play a couple of his finest moments in tribute, the best of which was the famous "Who reads the papers?" monologue by Jim Hacker.

However.

When the clip was played on the PM show the line

"The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country"

was cut out thus dropping one of the biggest laughs in the clip and leaving the flow and rhythm of the monologue totally disturbed before Bernard Woolley drops the killer punch line.

(It's at 55 minutes)

Now I'm normally of the opinion that if both sides of the political spectrum are whinging about the BBC's political coverage then they are doing a reasonable enough job however that blatant cut of an extremely funny line in one of the finest examples of political comedy monologue ever written (IMO) shows that someone in the editorial suite has most definitely allowed their political bias to come to the fore thus confirming my suspicions (at least for the PM show) that the BBC leans more than a bit to the left.

(And don't get me started on the p*ss poor Radio 4 6.30pm "comedy" slot...)

I've fired off a complaint about the cut but no doubt I'll get a mealy mouthed reply about libel or programme timing (it cut 5 seconds from the running time ffs) but as you can see from the link you can still view the clip on their own BBC Studios page on YouTube, watch the repeat on the Yesterday Channel and purchase the DVD of the Yes Prime Minister series as well as read the line in the collected scripts, (published by the BBC!) so the libel excuse doesn't hold any water.
Two of my favourite comedies, ever. I actually felt quite sad when I heard it on the news.

You can use your skilz to shred the BBC meteorologists then, shouldn't be a problem for a man of your abilities.
Are you suggesting the BBC is answerable to the public ? I haven't seen any evidence it listens to anyone but those who spoon feed evidence and facts which reinforce its own bias (not unlike yourself).

I am open minded about climate change, support mitigating actions, but very concerned about the issue being hijacked. You seem only in the business to have a pop.

Are you suggesting the BBC is answerable to the public ? I haven't seen any evidence it listens to anyone but those who spoon feed evidence and facts which reinforce its own bias (not unlike yourself).

I am open minded about climate change, support mitigating actions, but very concerned about the issue being hijacked. You seem only in the business to have a pop.
He's a contrarian and long been on my Ignore list which is a shame as he used to post interesting stuff.

I am seeing my parents today and therefore endured 'The News Quiz'. Cue Nish Kumar being as funny as a visit to a GUM clinic, and the usual Brexit / Trump crap. Including from some chap from Southern Ireland, wibbling on about his Gran having been born a slave, subject of the Empire (something he feels so strongly about that he lives and works here).
Anyway, my Mum - during the inevitable Brexit question - said
'They are never going to stop mentioning Brexit'.
She's 100% right. The News Quiz was shite. Just half an hour of condescension from the BBC. The BBC is going to bitch about Brexit forever.

I am seeing my parents today and therefore endured 'The News Quiz'. Cue Nish Kumar being as funny as a visit to a GUM clinic, and the usual Brexit / Trump crap. Including from some chap from Southern Ireland, wibbling on about his Gran having been born a slave, subject of the Empire (something he feels so strongly about that he lives and works here).
She's 100% right. The News Quiz was shite. Just half an hour of condescension from the BBC. The BBC is going to bitch about Brexit forever.
Or until it is stopped.

I stopped listening to The News Quiz and most other comedy panel shows on Radio 4 when they became boringly institutionalised series of diatribes against Britain in general, business people keeping the economy alive, the Tories (especially Boris), Trump, Brexit, the Royal Family, the Church, the Armed Forces and anything else deemed a target of sneeringly leftist contempt. It’s all so relentlessly repetitive.

Last edited:
I stopped listening to The News Quiz and most other comedy panel shows on Radio 4 when they became boringly institutionalised series of diatribes against Britain in general, business people keeping the economy alive, the Tories (especially Boris), Trump, Brexit, the Royal Family, the Armed Forces and anything else deemed a target of sneeringly leftist contempt. It’s all so relentlessly repetitive.
Any idiot can sneer, that is why their are so many on the bbc now.

I stopped listening to The News Quiz and most other comedy panel shows on Radio 4 when they became boringly institutionalised series of diatribes against Britain in general, business people keeping the economy alive, the Tories (especially Boris), Trump, Brexit, the Royal Family, the Armed Forces and anything else deemed a target of sneeringly leftist contempt. It’s all so relentlessly repetitive.
The BBC is meant to be a national broadcaster but nothing I heard today was relatable. I tried to listen to 'The Unbelievable Truth' a few days ago and a smart comment about Brexit was made v early on. I had hoped that would be non-political.
I'd like to say to someone like Kumar 'Be funny without being political'. I'm not sure he could.

The BBC is meant to be a national broadcaster but nothing I heard today was relatable. I tried to listen to 'The Unbelievable Truth' a few days ago and a smart comment about Brexit was made v early on. I had hoped that would be non-political.
I'd like to say to someone like Kumar 'Be funny without being political'. I'm not sure he could.
I still listen to The Unbelievable Truth, Clue, Just a Minute, The Museum of Curiosity and accept the stupid anti Trump, Brexit, democracy non jokes. Not much else.
The un funny Southern Irish hypocrite I simply laugh at if I hear him.
He seems to have taken over Jeremy Hardy's place as stupid ranting liar.

I still listen to The Unbelievable Truth, Clue, Just a Minute, The Museum of Curiosity and accept the stupid anti Trump, Brexit, democracy non jokes. Not much else.
The un funny Southern Irish hypocrite I simply laugh at if I hear him.
He seems to have taken over Jeremy Hardy's place as stupid ranting liar.
Who is he please? When he was on, the show sounded more like 'Question Time'.

Latest Threads