BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

well she’s going to land £700,000 in back pay as she was paid £440 quid an episode and David Vine was paid £3,000 per episode. The Biased Broadcasting Corporation is now expecting a deluge of equal pay claims from women.

I think there is a reasonable case now for Bojo to insist on this utter clusterfcuk being made self funding. it’s a gravy train funded at the license payers expense.
I wonder if the BBC will be looking to the Government to cover any of these anticipated costs?

Munchetty was reprimanded last year.However following the ensuing social media comments the BBC changed it's mind.Also,from the story we are told "The reversal of the decision comes after dozens of black actors and broadcasters called on the BBC to overturn its decision."
The original decision was of course reversed.
Someone today offered: NagNag MuchHated

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Should I know who she is ?
Is she any good?
I assume if she was, she would’ve been paid more when she was hired.
Actually, she's not bad. Fronts the Newswatch programme, but aside from the usual pushing of the party line on BBC infallibility she conducts interviews well.

Asks a question, blubs over the answer.

That's some top entitlement right there, Last Word Guy.
Cheers inventive victim guy.

That's a poor argument. The BBC is a public service broadcaster, as such it should be fair and unbiased in its dealings with all political parties. Naga Munchetty is not. Ignoring this is not going to make things better.
Is not. In your opinion.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
well she’s going to land £700,000 in back pay as she was paid £440 quid an episode and David Vine was paid £3,000 per episode. The Biased Broadcasting Corporation is now expecting a deluge of equal pay claims from women.

I think there is a reasonable case now for Bojo to insist on this utter clusterfcuk being made self funding. it’s a gravy train funded at the license payers expense.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
baldbof said:

If first prize was getting lungs full of burnt trees and houses, what was second prize?

Hmm.. more likely Scotland where to have an English accent can result in hostility if not violence thanks to wee Kranky's vitriol!!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Well, is this just a case of the BBC continuing a policy of making the BBC more diverse across the UK or in other words less London centric or did the events of 12 Dec 19 force their hands?

I did not find a report about this on the BBC website but in other media sources. I note it is careful not to say they are moving two thirds of London jobs out but just adjusting the numbers.

Well, is this just a case of the BBC continuing a policy of making the BBC more diverse across the UK or in other words less London centric or did the events of 12 Dec 19 force their hands?

I did not find a report about this on the BBC website but in other media sources. I note it is careful not to say they are moving two thirds of London jobs out but just adjusting the numbers.
The photo in the article shows the BBC's main offices in Salford. The majority of the day to day running of the channels happens here. BBC News and current affairs are based in London at New Broadcasting House but have large offices in Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester and the south somewhere.

Tony Hall as DG, has an office and a board-room in NBH but is based all over the shop.

AFAIK BBC productions such as Dr Who and that other thing with the animal daemons etc, work out of studios in Wales. Eastenders is recorded in Boreham Wood. The Natural History Unit is in Bristol. BBC Sport is based in Salford.

Conclusion: The majority of BBC business is conducted outside London already. This is the reason you didn't see anything on a BBC website.

Great*. More regional accents. "A man has been arrested for selling droogs in poobs in Loondon and Soosix. Meanwhile, more flooooding…"

Make it stop. And dump those morons Fiona McDonald and Neil Nunes: they can't speak (or in McDonald's case, read) English.

Latest Threads