BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

All I’m hearing from the BBC is BREXIT, BREXIT, BREXIT as the reason for Labour loosing. Nothing about their plans to turn Britain into Western Europe’s version of Venezuela. Binned the news and watched Repair Shop instead.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
All I’m hearing from the BBC is BREXIT, BREXIT, BREXIT as the reason for Labour loosing. Nothing about their plans to turn Britain into Western Europe’s version of Venezuela. Binned the news and watched Repair Shop instead.
Well, they are not going to blame their beloved Labour Party are they? Brexit/Tories will continue to be the BBC mantra, until they smell the coffee.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
…it is all the fault of the right-wing media which contains to prop up the Establishment and the self-interest of the money men. People don’t know what they were voting for. The average voter just isn’t very intelligent. Anyone who voted Tory has blood on their hands because the NHS will now collapse and the record numbers of homeless will die in the streets.

Et-fücking-cetera...

Sometimes I think that concern about BBC bias is of interest only to a minority of people. However, it is interesting how widespread the belief that the BBC is biased has become.
I saw this video earlier. If anyone has a moment to check it on YouTube, the comments section is interesting on the subject of the BBC itself:

This article is behind a pay wall but enough can be seen to convey the main point.

I will buy tomorrow's Telegraph and update if more is there.

The Mail has a non pay wall article about the Tories boycotting R4's 'Today' over the broadcaster's bias.

The Mail reports that decriminalising non - payment of the licence fee would effectively make payment voluntary.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This article is behind a pay wall but enough can be seen to convey the main point.

I will buy tomorrow's Telegraph and update if more is there.

The Mail has a non pay wall article about the Tories boycotting R4's 'Today' over the broadcaster's bias.

The Mail reports that decriminalising non - payment of the licence fee would effectively make payment voluntary.
I don't think the government should do anything substantive over this just now, it would just look spiteful. What they need to do is keep up the leaks about curtailing the BBC and let them change of their own volition out of fear. While doing that make sure they get enough rope to hang themselves if they don't make any changes.

I don't think the government should do anything substantive over this just now, it would just look spiteful. What they need to do is keep up the leaks about curtailing the BBC and let them change of their own volition out of fear. While doing that make sure they get enough rope to hang themselves if they don't make any changes.
I know what you mean but that approach was tried by Whittingdale in 2015 iirc - strong hints of tough action. The BBC is past that point (well, for me). If people value the corporation, they will pay the licence fee. If not, they will not.

Awol

LE
Having thrown everything into the 'Stop Boris at all costs' campaign, the BBC are now going to back-pedal with Olympic desperation. They shot their bolt and it failed spectacularly, so now expect a dearth of minorities and left wing/liberal pundits as the Beeb cravenly tries to curry favour with the Conservatives before it really is too late.

Last edited:
decriminalisation of non payment of the licence fee is a very cunning ploy.

The only thing stopping the current steady stream of people opting out turning into a flood is that for most people, a criminal record is a career ender. Decriminalise it and my DD is cancelled the same day.

death by strangling it’s revenue stream.

Bollocks to that, I want to see Lineker in a Peter Storm waterproof reporting from a soaking touchline in a mid week 4th Division play off in some sh*thole miles from London.

They ain't going to do that bearing in mind they've had enough shots across their bows over recent years. When an org the size of the BBC refuse to listen to or act on genuinely widely held criticism of the org and their so-called stars I believe it's time to impose change, from the top down.

They ain't going to do that bearing in mind they've had enough shots across their bows over recent years. When an org the size of the BBC refuse to listen to or act on genuinely widely held criticism of the org and their so-called stars I believe it's time to impose change, from the top down.
100% agreed. The BBC is so deeply lost, it does not even recognise it. A huge Tory victory is followed by what has felt like the BBC running a soul-searching exercise on behalf of Labour; QT had a 99% anti-Tory audience; on HIGNFY, the host, and three of the panelists looked physically sick because of the Tory victory.
Encrypt BBC output. If you want a licence, buy one and get the unencrypted content.

Not even hanging on a gibbet? Celeb/Pundit/woke medja types executions would make for the first ever interesting reality TV.
"Executions Live" replacing the likes of "Springwatch", Autumnwatch", "The Andrew Marr Show"? Could do well in the battle for ratings.

Last edited:
decriminalisation of non payment of the licence fee is a very cunning ploy.

The only thing stopping the current steady stream of people opting out turning into a flood is that for most people, a criminal record is a career ender. Decriminalise it and my DD is cancelled the same day.

death by strangling it’s revenue stream.
A brilliant move against the BBC... It appears that there is an official veto on the R4 flagship ‘Today’ programme with PR people briefed to get their ministers on any /all broadcast media except R4?

Empty chairs on the radio probably doesn’t have a great deal of impact :)

Last edited:

Latest Threads