BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Wightsparker

War Hero
I am tempted to think that the Mail story about Humphrys and BBC bias, picked up by a lot of other national newspapers, is actually fake news.

Why? The BBC News website and the 1 p.m. BBC TV news have not mentioned it.

Tyk

LE
I am tempted to think that the Mail story about Humphrys and BBC bias, picked up by a lot of other national newspapers, is actually fake news.

Why? The BBC News website and the 1 p.m. BBC TV news have not mentioned it.
Indeed, real shocker that, he's really put the boot in as well, he's gone up considerably in my estimation.

It seems the beeb are causing problems for some of their minions, IMHO it couldn't happen to more deserving folks :)
snip "Three BBC news presenters have been told to pay hundreds of thousands of pounds in back taxes, despite the High Court finding that the corporation forced them into the wrong contracts.
Joanna Gosling, David Eades and Tim Willcox were pursued by HMRC for £920,000 as part of a crackdown on the use of personal service companies.
The judges found that the “imbalance of bargaining power” at the BBC was a significant factor in the case, saying: “The BBC were in a unique position and used it to force the presenters into contracting through personal service companies and to accept reductions in pay.”

It seems the beeb are causing problems for some of their minions, IMHO it couldn't happen to more deserving folks :)
snip "Three BBC news presenters have been told to pay hundreds of thousands of pounds in back taxes, despite the High Court finding that the corporation forced them into the wrong contracts.
Joanna Gosling, David Eades and Tim Willcox were pursued by HMRC for £920,000 as part of a crackdown on the use of personal service companies.
The judges found that the “imbalance of bargaining power” at the BBC was a significant factor in the case, saying: “The BBC were in a unique position and used it to force the presenters into contracting through personal service companies and to accept reductions in pay.”
I am not familiar with any of these 3 presenters which makes me think they are not 1st IX, even so the BBC has been paying them sufficiently large sums that they owe £920,000 in unpaid taxes. Nice work if you can get it.

What are these rules that stop journey expressing opinions?
Why shouldn't they - as long as they don't purport to represent those of the organization they work for.

Edited to add: Unless it's discussing the merits of Sir Jimmy's charity work.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Why shouldn't they - as long as they don't purport to represent those of the organization they work for.

The beauty of Brian Redhead was that one didn't know his politics, which was a matter of pride for him. He was equally fierce but fair with all his interviewees.

That's how it should be.

The beauty of Brian Redhead was that one didn't know his politics, which was a matter of pride for him. He was equally fierce but fair with all his interviewees.

That's how it should be.
I still have no idea which way Laura K votes and she's a friend.

The DM link mentions 'rules' I wondered if these were BBC imposed rules or the press regulator?

• BBC bosses wallowed in despair when Britain voted Leave in the referendum;
  • Its staff increasingly ‘confuse their own interests with those of the wider world’;
  • ‘Barmy’ jargon-spouting managers behaved like 1950s Kremlin commissars;
  • The BBC is in hock to ‘the politically correct brigade and the most fashionable pressure groups’.
Well he should know. As others are beginning to say, a pity he kept it to himself for so long.

1569179384595.png

The DM link mentions 'rules' I wondered if these were BBC imposed rules or the press regulator?
I don't know the answer to that one. I'm not a journalist so I've never had rules imposed. I'd probably get a bollocking for some of the tuff I've posted here none the less.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Humphreys is just acting like the VSOs who as soon as they demit office start spouting off about the deficiencies at the MoD.

Latest Threads