BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't expect the BBC to give much (any) good reporting of TBP when the GE Campaigns start

The BBC hiheidyins will be terrified of Farage getting any form of power in Westminster as that would be their Charter out the window toot sweet.

You have to admit, Farage in parlaiment would send TV veiwership of the debates through the roof.
I think he is exactly the exposure that Parliament needs.
If he is the monster who a lot of people assume he is, Why worry. The sunlight will cleanse surely.
Or is it that people will see he is not who they have been told to think he is and his support will grow.
The latter I suspect.
If he was in Westminster, I could see the our political left (actually far left) descending our politics to that of what we see coming from the US Democrats, getting nothing done for the country because "orange man bad"

If anybody had any doubts as to what western politics would look like when the modern left (far left) lose their grip, this is it. They are at it everywhere, same talk, same tactics, same bullsh*t.

Not trusting the EUBBC as far as I can throw them, If I was farage, I would only deal with the EUBBC on a live-to-air basis, That way their backroom spin doctors can't play with the final cut.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You have to admit, Farage in parlaiment would send TV veiwership of the debates through the roof.
I think he is exactly the exposure that Parliament needs.
If he is the monster who a lot of people assume he is, Why worry. The sunlight will cleanse surely.
Or is it that people will see he is not who they have been told to think he is and his support will grow.
The latter I suspect.
If he was in Westminster, I could see the our political left (actually far left) descending our politics to that of what we see coming from the US Democrats, getting nothing done for the country because "orange man bad"

If anybody had any doubts as to what western politics would look like when the modern left (far left) lose their grip, this is it. They are at it everywhere, same talk, same tactics, same bullsh*t.

Not trusting the EUBBC as far as I can throw them, If I was farage, I would only deal with the EUBBC on a live-to-air basis, That way their backroom spin doctors can't play with the final cut.
If Farage got into Parliament he would never be called by Bercow and if the scum Bercow gets his way and influences his replacement then he will still be kept quiet on the back benches.

Boris, through the Leader of the House, JRM should delay replacing Bercow until things have settled down. There are three Deputies who could easily stand in. Any Speaker appointed now will be on notice for leaving after the next GE.

The Press Review section of the BBC news website. The headline in the 'most read' stories tab is:

_20190916_053259.JPG

In the news review page itself, the headline is:

_20190916_053434.JPG

It looks as if the first headline is a partial quote from Guy Verhofstadt in which he remarked that the PM's comments in which he compared the UK to the Hulk were 'infantile'. Here's the quote:

'Even to Trumpian standards the Hulk comparison is infantile.'

The BBC 'Infantile Hulk' quote is not therefore a quote from a person. It is in fact the Metro's headline, which - not surprisingly - the BBC has chosen to use out of 11 newspapers reviewed. The one headline phrase that is unequivocally negative about the PM. The BBC bias isn't an obvious bias in this instance. It is subtle - a constant drip, drip of word association; pictures which create reinforce negative perceptions of a person etc. Someone has agreed that the 'Infantile Hulk' Johnson headline is acceptable as a link to the press review and that choice makes the bias of that person clear. It would have been easy to create a neutral headline for the link.

Last edited:
Don't expect the BBC to give much (any) good reporting of TBP when the GE Campaigns start

The BBC hiheidyins will be terrified of Farage getting any form of power in Westminster as that would be their Charter out the window toot sweet.
Many would consider a TBP vote worthwhile just for the bloodletting at the Beeb.

Last edited:
I'm thinking more of a third rate grot video assistant fluffer role to keep the scabby elephantiasis riddled blue veined talent well lubed.

Many would consider a TBP vote worthwhile just for the bloodletting at the Beeb.
Not the BBC I know, just LBC, which is only one letter different. I can't wait to see, or even hear, James O'Brien's head explode when it becomes clear that the German car manufacturers have put pressure on the Bundeskanzlerin to accommodate a favourable British EU exit deal.

Today on Deutschlandfunk, I heard that the Bundesregierung has declared it will reduce its payments to the EU in the event of a disorderly UK exit from The EU. The reduction will be somewhere in the region of 40%.

Hmmmm! @jamesobrien, you better start oiling your neck muscles for when the cranial spinning begins.

Last edited:
Watching a WW11 documentary about Northern Ireland hosted by Dan snow.
It’s all “Derry” & “the 6 counties in the north of Ireland” etc.
He/they seem frightened to simply say ‘Northern Ireland’.

Watching a WW11 documentary about Northern Ireland hosted by Dan snow.
It’s all “Derry” & “the 6 counties in the north of Ireland” etc.
He/they seem frightened to simply say ‘Northern Ireland’.
They probably hope to sell it in the US.

Yellowhammer:

Why the hell hasn't anyone at the BBC taken the opportunity to use their far-reaching media platform to factually state exactly what it is?

That is: Good planning.

Assume all scenarios, People's vote, revoke A50, bad deal, average deal, good deal, no deal. Plan for every alternative.

Not one person on QT last night mentioned this. Not one panellist, not one audience member, nor the host herself. Just the usual hysteria, interrupt the Tories/Brexiteers - let the Liberals / Labours carry on.

Far better to let the country become hysterical over nothing; a leaked, very sensible document - but fuelled by the left-leaning, pro-remain media channels becomes the doomsday book of all fears.

But then of course, what country in its right mind would want to leave such a large trading bloc, risking financial misery for generations by going alone without a good deal? What country in its right mind would be prepared to take a massive, reckless leap into the unknown under the pretence hope of a more prosperous future free of external laws and influence?

Umm.... the United States of America in 1776?

They must have been off their rockers...

BBC if you are reading - there's your alternative viewpoint. You bunch of license-fee robbing bellends.
I showed your post to Tony Hall. He basically said

'Who's the bellend?
QT is produced by Mentorn, an independent production company, not the BBC. The Corporation has no control over who the producers bus in to take part as an audience. They don't interfere with the panel selection other than to ensure balance.

There has been no end of discussion on Yellow hammer. Andrea Leadsom appeared on BBC Breakfast basically stating in not so many words, that the public don't need to know the details.
Indeed, up to now Government has declined to release relevant paper work.'

On another note, The EXITing John Humphries is currently doing over the architect of BREXIT on radio 4

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT

'Who's the bellend?
QT is produced by Mentorn, an independent production company, not the BBC. The Corporation has no control over who the producers bus in to take part as an audience. They don't interfere with the panel selection other than to ensure balance.

There has been no end of discussion on Yellow hammer. Andrea Leadsom appeared on BBC Breakfast basically stating in not so many words, that the public don't need to know the details.

On another note, The EXITing John Humphries is currently doing over the architect of BREXIT on radio 4
The "bellends" comment was (as always) not personal and merely a indication of my frustration with biased broadcasting. (Not just the BBC by the way).

If Mr Hall wants to take it personally (as opposed to wonder why these opinions are being formed and why they have to deal with so many complaints about their "apparent" bias), then there's not much I can do about that.

Ah the old "someone else's responsibility" sound-bite.

My point still stands. Nobody as yet, in any article, news feed nor current affairs radio programme has portrayed Yellowhammer as anything other than a Doomsday prophecy (in my opinion and I admit, I haven't read / heard them all).

I spent a good deal of my operational service, planning (or helping to plan) for worst case scenarios. When you're faced with a life-changing, impending decision that could potentially have unforeseen and potentially damaging consequences - "Yellowhammer" would be the first thing anyone should be drafting up.

The BBC have had every opportunity to nip this in the bud from the off. Every Brexit Article contains useful links "What is a No Deal Brexit" etc, masked up as helpful, useful advice. So let's take a look at the Yellowhammer one:

Riots on the streets, food price rises and reduced medical supplies are real risks of the UK leaving the EU without a deal, a government document has said.
That's the headline. Panic panic panic.

I'd already sussed by this point who their first quote from government would be from.

Of course it was Jezza. What did he say, anything useful?

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said the paper confirmed the PM "is prepared to punish those who can least afford it".
Of course not.

I'm sure you've seen Yellowhammer yourself. Just in case (and for those who haven't) - here's what it actually looks like:

YH.jpg

Shocking, isn't it?

I don't know about any of you lot but I'm stocking up already...

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

'Who's the bellend?

That is a pure cop-out by Hall. The programme is shown on the BBC who take full responsibility for the content. It may be an independent TV company that runs it but they will be doing this completely within BBC guidelines.

Sloping shoulders by the BBC is no excuse whatsoever - their airtime, their responsibility.

The "bellends" comment was (as always) not personal and merely a indication of my frustration with biased broadcasting. (Not just the BBC by the way).

If Mr Hall wants to take it personally (as opposed to wonder why these opinions are being formed and why they have to deal with so many complaints about their "apparent" bias), then there's not much I can do about that.

Ah the old "someone else's responsibility" sound-bite.

My point still stands. Nobody as yet, in any article, news feed nor current affairs radio programme has portrayed Yellowhammer as anything other than a Doomsday prophecy (in my opinion and I admit, I haven't read / heard them all).

I spent a good deal of my operational service, planning (or helping to plan) for worst case scenarios. When you're faced with a life-changing, impending decision that could potentially have unforeseen and potentially damaging consequences - "Yellowhammer" would be the first thing anyone should be drafting up.

The BBC have had every opportunity to nip this in the bud from the off. Every Brexit Article contains useful links "What is a No Deal Brexit" etc, masked up as helpful, useful advice. So let's take a look at the Yellowhammer one:

That's the headline. Panic panic panic.

I'd already sussed by this point who their first quote from government would be from.

Of course it was Jezza. What did he say, anything useful?

Of course not.

I'm sure you've seen Yellowhammer yourself. Just in case (and for those who haven't) - here's what it actually looks like:

View attachment 417849

Shocking, isn't it?

I don't know about any of you lot but I'm stocking up already...
Is that it, or is that just page one?

If you properly worshipped at the altar of the master, you would know that it is 'Humphrys'. There was more than enough oozing on this morning's show. Only to be expected, I suppose. Nothing like journos and meeja types for blowing smoke up one another's fundament (in public, at least).

I'm afraid that though he had his moments, I would say his output was not all pure gold and latterly, he was more than capable of being a bit of a Robin Day.

My eulogy to him would be, "He was certainly a lot better than Jack de Manio".

Last edited:

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Is that it, or is that just page one?
There's more (available via the link I posted) but needless to say, it doesn't "warn" of riots, food shortages etc. Nor does it state "real risks" anywhere.

That's just the so-called factual reporting of the BBC putting a sensationalist spin on what is essentially, a risk assessment.

You know, like the ones we have at work for the kettle, 6 foot steps, office chairs etc.