BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Truxx

LE
I hear this morning that PMBJ has opined that the BBC should "cough up" for pensioners licences.

I wonder if this is a shot across the bows or the start of something bigger?

A welcome intervention nontheless.

rifleair

War Hero
And getting changed before hand?
Because fire kit gets filthy really quickly especially at scrapyard jobs and you wouldn't want to take that muck into a hospital!

ericferret

War Hero
I hear this morning that PMBJ has opined that the BBC should "cough up" for pensioners licences.

Apparently Jeremy Corbyn thinks the government should pay.

Firstly The government does not have money it is our money raised from tax.

Secondly we have already had £3.83 billion extorted from us to pay for the bloated BBC.

Labour clearly have not changed their ways and view the public purse as a cash cow to fritter away as they see fit.

Last edited:

Leading hopefully to that smug liberal Lineker having to actually earn his money, rather than sneering at the rest of us.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Secondly we have already had £3.83 billion extorted from us to pay for the bloated BBC.

Labour clearly have not changed their ways and view the public purse as a cash cow to fritter away as they see fit.
We pay more than that as we contribute to the money the EU gives them.

Didn't know the EU contributed . Any idea how much?
BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action is independent from the BBC - it is an international development charity set up by the BBC. In 2017-18 it received about £3.1m from the EU, which was just under 9% of its funding.
Its two biggest individual donors were the UK's Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Department for International Development.
Research and Development
The BBC applies for grants to help fund its research into broadcasting technology that has contributed to developments such as Freeview and DAB digital radio.
In 2017-18 it received a grant from the EU of €1,282,331 (£1,145,572).

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
You are redshift and I claim my half a crown. :D
Unlike redshift, I know what a half crown is, what it was worth as a week's pocket money, and what it's worth now.

Unlike redshift, I know what a half crown is, what it was worth as a week's pocket money, and what it's worth now.
£1.50 to buy one now on Ebay, and half a crown got us into the Saturday morning pictures. Got a full Crown coin on a birthday once, think of all the cap rockets for half of that ;) A tanner would get you a sh1t load of sweets after school in 1970, likely a free giveaway as well. Grandad was paid half a crown for an hour's casual work. Eee but them were different days.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
£1.50 to buy one now on Ebay, and half a crown got us into the Saturday morning pictures. Got a full Crown coin on a birthday once, think of all the cap rockets for half of that ;) A tanner would get you a sh1t load of sweets after school in 1970, likely a free giveaway as well. Grandad was paid half a crown for an hour's casual work. Eee but them were different days.
I still remember the joy on my 11th birthday when pocket money went up from half a crown to three Bob.

(And the joy, aged 7, when father had been sent from Aden with 131 MU to Rhodesia to recover a crashed aircraft. He came home after six weeks and with owed pocket money I was very wealthy indeed!!!)

Truxx

LE

Unfortunately for the Beeb they now have the responsibility, part of the deal they struck (( which let them off the hook in other areas) back in 2012 (I think). So Bojo is being clever (again). His strategy is almost certainly to give the BBC enough rope then reel them in on a number of other areas that would otherwise have been untouchable for a number of years.

Last edited:
I still remember the joy on my 11th birthday when pocket money went up from half a crown to three Bob.

(And the joy, aged 7, when father had been sent from Aden with 131 MU to Rhodesia to recover a crashed aircraft. He came home after six weeks and with owed pocket money I was very wealthy indeed!!!)
I remember when the ice cream van used to come into our street. A cornet was 5p, and I used to pay with two sixpences.

(THAT should seriously confuse Redshift.)

Leading hopefully to that smug liberal Lineker having to actually earn his money, rather than sneering at the rest of us.
A couple of contracts ago, a Senior Civil Servant asked me what I earned. "About 1/3 of what I'm paid" I replied in all honesty.

Latest Threads